BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-22-2010, 08:17 PM   #67
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

update. trans-malfunction light went on again while the dealer was fixing the issues it got towed back for on wenesday. so now two weeks later still no progress, changed out 3 things in the tranny, they 'fixed it' 20 miles later it comes back on..

lemon law? how could this keep happening in such a short time. i barely drove the car for 25 miles (30 minutes) before i towed it back. than the light gets triggered
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 04:35 AM   #68
joseph328
Private First Class
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: 992 Turbo S , E92 M3, Audi SQ8

6 MT is the right answer !

I believe you can call DCT a common issue . Fingers crossed so you get it fixed right.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #69
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

I think I might loose it as well, considering this is a lot of money ppl are spending and what piss poor feed back is given.

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:06 AM   #70
Gubbins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC

OP, really sorry to hear about your problems! Especially since my 2011 E90 M3 is being delivered on Monday... Makes me worried... How is it that these cars can be overfilled with oil???

As for the other posters... Some pretty funny stuff, but let's be serious for a while and analyze this: In the long term, the lease beaters are the reason why lease rates are going up. All you need is a bunch of leasers beating on their cars, and turning them in over several cycles. Those turned in cars will have lower values because of the abuse, which will in turn affect residuals of future leasers, and all of you who lease will get worsening rates... So think a little further than your own nose.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #71
mfeltiii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 AW E92 6mt

[QUOTE=
As for the other posters... Some pretty funny stuff, but let's be serious for a while and analyze this: In the long term, the lease beaters are the reason why lease rates are going up. All you need is a bunch of leasers beating on their cars, and turning them in over several cycles. Those turned in cars will have lower values because of the abuse, which will in turn affect residuals of future leasers, and all of you who lease will get worsening rates... So think a little further than your own nose.[/QUOTE]

+1
But there is a bigger point at play here. This mentality is the problem with our country now. A country full of completely self absorbed pricks. Why should you treat the car with respect? BECAUSE IT'S NOT F'ING YOURS!

If you rent a house from somebody do you trash it because "who gives a shit its not mine."? Maybe I should date your daughter for a while. I mean, I not going to marry her, so its not like shes mine. I might as well trash her. I'm surrounded by assholes.

Last edited by mfeltiii; 10-24-2010 at 12:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #72
M3ryder55
Major
Rep
Drives: 15' MW/SO

Beck is basically saying he's gonna drive the shit out of his car. It's a lease and BMW treats us all like shit appparently so treat their product going back to them like shit. hes inclined to do whatever he wants. me on the other hand, its a bought car and it gets taken great care.

but yeah thats where the car stands. How it got overfilled with oil is beyond me. Dealer still wont accept the blame or take liability saying "its a mystery". How is it a mystery u pricks how? how is it i take my car in to fix the transmission malfunction light 2 weeks ago, pick it up last tuesday, drive it home and have oil constantly seeping out my oil cap, all over my engine and components. And still after a 20-25 mile drive have the oil level still be too high to drive when I checked it.

They don't wanna take liability. When they finally agreed to change my oil filter, new oil, and do a compression test on each cylinder head to ensure the integrity of the motor, the next day (yesterday) guy calls me back and tells me the transmission malfunctioned again. This is after they changed 3 parts and non of which had to do with anything mechanical its something in the JBE or whatever boxes so it's an electric issue.

In order for it to be a lemon it needs to go in for the same issue three times in 2 years or be in the shop for 28 days. I hope these motherfuckers don't count my 30 minutes of having the car as being out in the shop cause it still technically was there for consecutive days.. had to get towed back. And everything is within not many miles. 2 weeks ago miles in 3891. Miles out 3895. Miles in again 3915 (when it got towed back). So they better not give me that crap.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 01:49 PM   #73
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
gone are the days when master techs used to be paid over 100k at BMW to perform their duties back in the 80s'.
Today, most dealerships are money-hungry. THey will hire grease monkeys to perform the same type of jobs for 16, 18, 20 dollars an hour if that.
Look around you guys, most dealerships have been bought out by big conglomerate companies like Autonation, Power, etc... All these companies care about is bottom line profit. They can care less about your car. I hate the fact that I have to deal with Big corporate America to get a proper oil change done on my car.
ehhh, and the grass is not greener at MB or Audi. Same pile of crap, or feces, or brown stuff... you get the picture
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #74
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfeltiii View Post
If you rent a house from somebody do you trash it because "who gives a shit its not mine."
That's exactly the mentality that eventually takes nations down. The investment bankers that came up with 'mortgage default swaps' had the same mentality: it's not our money, but let's take it, and when the housing bubble bursts (while ruining our country), we'll be zillionaires. They probably started with 'let's beat the crap out of leased cars', 'let's do a shitty job if nobody's watching', etc. I'm sad to say but that kind of people are human garbage IMO. I'm always hopeful some will realize that and change their ways, but many will not. They'll always find a way to do that kind of crap... and to justify it as well . Nice example for their kids indeed.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #75
AWESOM3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17M4;15G63AMG;14E63SAMG

Back to the topic at hand.
Escalate to BMW NA.
Get a CSR to manage this case for you.
They should interface with the dealer and ensure accountability.
Pose the question directly..."What kind of compensation are u going to provide?"
Have they provided a comparable loaner at no charge?If not, why not?
With ur purchase history of 10 M's they should certainly be willing to play ball.
I had an issue with a previous BMW and the response from BMW NA was amazing...even with respect to compensation...so there is hope.
Good luck!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #76
tailgate1234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Silverstone II

BMW/BMWNA, are you paying attention? Your moronic/lazy/greedy dealers are hurting your brand.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #77
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Wow.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #78
Raustin
Cmd Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 DCT Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Nice Guy Beck! View Post
THIS IS WHY I LEASE - fuck them and THEIR car, oil to high? who gives a shit, to low? who cares!! 15k oil change??? make it 25k please, break in period??? what is this break in period?? redline day 1 - track days? HELL YES 10 of them!!! launch control once a day every day for 3 years!! learn to drift from m3 message board spend ENTIRE DAY SIDEWAYSCwhen your done bring it back GET THE NEW M3 MODEL WITH 3 TURBOS and do it all over again.

if i owned my car and they did that shit id go bizerk
You should be driving a 74 Pinto if you treat cars like this.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #79
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
as for 6mt, why would anyone want it after this new amazing technology?

Besides the alarming failure rate and constant issues with it? The wheel is "caveman shit" but I don't see you rushing out to replace them with something "new and amazing."

Last edited by quality_sound; 10-25-2010 at 02:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 07:56 AM   #80
BenTrovato
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Wow what a terrible turn of events. What was the result of the detailed report of the compression check on each cylinder?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 09:37 AM   #81
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Besides the alarming failure rate and constant issues with it? The wheel is "caveman shit" but I don't see you ruching out to replace them with something "new and amazing?"
what's the alarming failure rate? Post numbers. People who spread FUD about shit like this need to be banned. It doesn't do us or the brand any good.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #82
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
what's the alarming failure rate? Post numbers. People who spread FUD about shit like this need to be banned. It doesn't do us or the brand any good.
Considering that through 3 and a half years BMW STILL can't get the software correct, IMO they're sitting on a 100% failure rate, but I'll concede your point. Plus with all the threads about cars dropping into N, limp mode, idle valves, losing half of their gears, etc there is a very strong argument for the M-DCT being flawed. The 6MT is far from the smoothest transmission I've ever owned, but other than one report of an isue with second gear in one car I haven;t heard of anything that could even remotely be considered a failure.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #83
lovethem4
Rocket Man
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Considering that through 3 and a half years BMW STILL can't get the software correct, IMO they're sitting on a 100% failure rate, but I'll concede your point. Plus with all the threads about cars dropping into N, limp mode, idle valves, losing half of their gears, etc there is a very strong argument for the M-DCT being flawed. The 6MT is far from the smoothest transmission I've ever owned, but other than one report of an isue with second gear in one car I haven;t heard of anything that could even remotely be considered a failure.
You're blowing this way out of proportion. I know a lot of people with DCTs and I don't know anyone, myself included, that has had any problems like these.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #84
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
That's exactly the mentality that eventually takes nations down. The investment bankers that came up with 'mortgage default swaps' had the same mentality: it's not our money, but let's take it, and when the housing bubble bursts (while ruining our country), we'll be zillionaires. They probably started with 'let's beat the crap out of leased cars', 'let's do a shitty job if nobody's watching', etc. I'm sad to say but that kind of people are human garbage IMO. I'm always hopeful some will realize that and change their ways, but many will not. They'll always find a way to do that kind of crap... and to justify it as well . Nice example for their kids indeed.
It really just boils down to an accountability issue. Most people don't give a crap about the next guy. If they are not negatively impacted in some reasonable amount of significance as to the decisions they make, they are going to make whatever decision benefits them the most at the time.

If you think about it though, Beck is more or less making this same point. He feels the dealership, BMW, and the service department don't give 2 craps about him (and will screw him over whenever they get the chance) so why should he care about their company?

Thus he beats up his leased vehicle, the little guy taking it to the big guy (although in reality he is probably just screwing over whatever ignorant buyer BMW pawns the car off onto, granted BMW will probably have to pay some out of pocket if the car is sold under warranty).

*edit for relevance to the thread statement* The OP is clearly being screwed by the dealership who doesn't give 2 craps about him or the service he gets because obviously this type of garbage is allowed to happen.
      10-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #85
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Some comments have been removed. Let's keep it cool in here and get back to topic. Thanks.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 07:19 PM   #86
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Please keep us informed.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #87
Frozen Black Panther
Captain
Albania
Rep
Drives: 2013 550 DINAN STAGE 2

the dct is so amazing, why would anyone want old fashioned 6mt?
both hands on the wheel at all times, stupid fast up and down shifts so much fun, 6mt is boring and not realistic anymore for high performance cars, put em in jeep wranglers and thats it.
heck even the old SMG is awesome
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #88
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
the dct is so amazing, why would anyone want old fashioned 6mt?
both hands on the wheel at all times, stupid fast up and down shifts so much fun, 6mt is boring and not realistic anymore for high performance cars, put em in jeep wranglers and thats it.
heck even the old SMG is awesome

come on dude, dct is amazing for sure, but to go and say a manual is BORING?

You probably have no idea how do drive one.
Appreciate 0