BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

07-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
evilspiritM3
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2018 F87 M2

Garage List
2018 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
Thoughts on BPM tune and Turner Test Pipes

Quick thoughts on BPM Sport Tune-

I had a set of Turner Test Pipes installed at Bimmer Performance Center in North Raleigh, NC, and needed a tune to take advantage of them and to avoid the light from increased emissions. After reading a number of reviews on the forum I chose to go with BPM. Dan at Bimmer Performance Center has worked with Mike Benvo to tune a number of cars, and they were able to get it complete over the course of the morning.

The day after the test pipe install and tune, I headed up to VIR for two days on the north course. The tune really made a difference on the track in terms of engine response and smoothing out throttle input. I was much more able to modulate my input on the throttle, and this, to me, was the biggest benefit of the tune itself. When combined with the test pipes, the tone and added power really add up to an incredible package.

Bottom line- I recommend these two mods to anyone, and Mike at BPM was professional, thorough, and responsive.
      07-05-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Thanks for the review. Now someone help me rob a bank
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 04:58 AM   #3
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspiritM3 View Post

I had a set of Turner Test Pipes installed at Bimmer Performance Center in North Raleigh, NC, and needed a tune to take advantage of them and to avoid the light from increased emissions. After reading a number of reviews on the forum I chose to go with BPM. Dan at Bimmer Performance Center has worked with Mike Benvo to tune a number of cars, and they were able to get it complete over the course of the morning.

The day after the test pipe install and tune, I headed up to VIR for two days on the north course. The tune really made a difference on the track in terms of engine response and smoothing out throttle input. I was much more able to modulate my input on the throttle, and this, to me, was the biggest benefit of the tune itself. When combined with the test pipes, the tone and added power really add up to an incredible package.

Bottom line- I recommend these two mods to anyone, and Mike at BPM was professional, thorough, and responsive.
Very nice man,i have the Stage I & DCT software, and would love to get the test pipes,but here in Belgium it's not possible with the car inspection they look also under the car,so no choise for me
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilspiritM3

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying the tune. Send us some pictures of your car at the track

Enjoy!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
Thanks for the review. Now someone help me rob a bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
GirlsGarage
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Very nice man,i have the Stage I & DCT software, and would love to get the test pipes,but here in Belgium it's not possible with the car inspection they look also under the car,so no choise for me
if you really want to go catless and look almost like stock, you can either get Gintani or ESS catless quad resonated X pipe as the front resonators on their front pipes replace the primary cats
      07-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssM3 View Post
if you really want to go catless and look almost like stock, you can either get Gintani or ESS catless quad resonated X pipe as the front resonators on their front pipes replace the primary cats
Agreed...and the emission test(co)will increase when catless, i think i will fail !
And when i fail,they take a VERY good look under the car !
Would love only test pipes and swap back to Oem. when i have car inspection,but actualy it's 2 times,i need after the car inspection go back to test pipes and tune back to stage II !
And actualy that's to much of work ,also for the wear(leaks) on the clamps & test pipes

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #8
DKM3
Bimmerpost Special Prosecutor II
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

I love mine:

BPM all the way! RPI mid pipe, and agency power exhaust
Appreciate 0