BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-15-2008, 10:38 PM   #23
Design1314
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92phreak View Post
In most situations, annual merit increases are the only time you generally receive a raise. Now, notice how I stated "annual" and "generally".... There are positions out there that have step increases at intervals of service. These tend to be union jobs or jobs that clearly state increases at certain times in a contract.

Now, $2000 may be a prorated amount since you've only been with the company for 7 months. I would talk to your manager and see if that is the case. Also, look to future merit increases to be based on company results, which tend to you have a direct effect from the current day economic situation. So this year, I'm not expecting much of a merit because the economy is hurting in certain sectors.

Another factor to merit increases are salary grades. If you are in the lower part of the grade, your increases will tend to be larger. If you are near the top of the grade, your increases will be smaller, and in order to get away from that, you will need a promotion to get you into a higher grade.

Be patient and evaluate your plans at the company. See if there is growth potential for you. You tend to get the largest increases when you hop from one company to another. If you start low, stay with the same company, you tend to stay low.

Good luck to you.
Man I think I totally agree with you...
Appreciate 0