BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competiton, 2021 X7

The buy one get one free deal with Lufthansa for Euro delivery. What should I do?

So I'm doing euro delivery, and Lufthansa has a deal where it's buy one get one free. The catch is you will need to call their Euro Delivery desk to book it. And they won't give you the online quote. I say to myself, how bad can it be?

So they quoted me with all taxes and fees, $1423.

I went online and saw the same flight for each person with all taxes and fees at $712.

So if I do the promotion, I will save one dollar. What do you think? Should I go for it? Hahahahaha.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
The 2fer deal is Q fares which is different than what you normally get @ the cheaper rate from their website. They are still economy however. If you care about miles, the free ticket does not accumulate miles.

There's more flexibility with the 2fer deal in case you need to change your flight schedule. I believe the rep should have already told you the advantages when you got your quote.

Have you looked at other airlines too? I got quote for 1.8k for this May, and I was able to find cheaper deal elsewhere. It really depends when you are going. Sometimes the 2fer deal is better than anything else.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
comebackid
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4 Competiton, 2021 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by outie View Post
The 2fer deal is Q fares which is different than what you normally get @ the cheaper rate from their website. They are still economy however. If you care about miles, the free ticket does not accumulate miles.

There's more flexibility with the 2fer deal in case you need to change your flight schedule. I believe the rep should have already told you the advantages when you got your quote.

Have you looked at other airlines too? I got quote for 1.8k for this May, and I was able to find cheaper deal elsewhere. It really depends when you are going. Sometimes the 2fer deal is better than anything else.
Unfortunately the rep's only info was the price. I'm set on the date, so I doubt there will be a schedule change.

I double checked and the price is still a dollar difference. So no deal there.

Don't care for miles since my miles are through Continental and their website has it at $660 each. So will probably go with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
kcdude24
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Everything I read was that the Luft discount was about 25% off the regular priced tickets....like more of 1.5 for 1 versus 2 for 1. Factor in strike issues and it definitely was not on my list.

I actually booked Continental via Newark with Miles. We leave KC in the morning, a few hours in Newark, and then a 8 hour nap over (forced I'm sure). We get there at 7:30 in the morning with a 9am delivery...assuming we sleep then we'll have the day with an early evening.

With miles, $100 airfare for both of us...heck of a deal considering the $4,500 saved by doing an ED....For that, I will pound several beers in Newark to force the issue and fly Conti.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

The 2fer is a much better deal during the summer, I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Hoo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Blue e92 zcp 6mt

Lufthansa was cheaper for us

I'm taking delivery of 2011 M3 in Munich on 4/15 (IB, comp, tech, prem, CWP, 6sp, etc). Since car won't be ready until Thursday and we'll be arriving in Europe the previous Saturday, we're flying to Paris & spending 4 nights there, then flying to Munich on Wednesday, will drive to Fussen Thursday post delivery & then drop the car off on Saturday in Munich before flying back to Washington DC. Lufthansa was cheaper for us due to the additional flight between Paris and Munich (saved about $400 vs best pricing I found on internet, and calling the 800 # for Luftansa specific for BMW Euro Delivery was a breeze) Also, they were willing to hold the seats for a week (with just a credit card # while I checked for better deals).
Appreciate 0