BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Anyone wear pheromones?

First of, I can't even really believe I'm posting this. I've heard ads for pheromones and always written it off as garbage. I have a couple colognes I like and that's it.

I just got a new roommate and he had some stuff called Aqua Vitae. I laughed when I saw it, but I applied some to my wrist anyway. The smell is strange, musky, but in a nice way. After putting it on I did notice maybe a slight confidence boost, although I feel similar when I wear Black Code. I looked it up and it's around $100 a bottle, more than I'll pay. I was checking out http://www.androticsdirect.com/ [no affiliation] and some of their products are way more than I'd feel comfortable spending, but some are closer to $30-40.

I think there's no denying that pheromones do play a role in encounters of both sexes, but I wonder how much of it is a placebo from increased confidence. Does anyone have an experience or stories using this stuff?
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

reminds me of this:

sex pather ftw...LOL

lol
      09-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #3
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals
reminds me of this:

sex pather ftw...LOL

lol
LOL
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Aggression
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12' CTS Coupe

I remeber high school dating too.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
Was waiting for the smartass comment.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggression View Post
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
Was waiting for the smartass comment.
If you post a thread like this, you get what you deserve.

But (semi)seriously, if you're wondering about pheromones, your entire perspective on dating and relationships is very very broken.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #8
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
If you post a thread like this, you get what you deserve.

But (semi)seriously, if you're wondering about pheromones, your entire perspective on dating and relationships is very very broken.
You fckin kidding me? Your going to deduce my opinion on relationships based on my curiosity of my roommates pheromones?

But if we're sitting here judging each other, if your going to act like a douchebag to someone asking a legitimate question, your entire perspective on life is very very broken
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #9
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Yeahhhh I remember ordering some to my house when I was 13 and had it labeled as "CDRW Cleaner". Back when burners were rare. Stopped using it by the time I hit 14. I'll leave it at that.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #10
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Did the girls flock?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316 View Post
Yeahhhh I remember ordering some to my house when I was 13 and had it labeled as "CDRW Cleaner". Back when burners were rare. Stopped using it by the time I hit 14. I'll leave it at that.
Got so much pussy u had to give it a break?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Something like that . lol.

I can't believe I still see ads for that stuff in the back of magazines. I put them in the same category as the BS male enhancement products that are out...it's placebo. There obviously is a science to it but I highly doubt any of the ones that are advertised all over the place work. I'm sure there are some very expensive high end ones out there that actually adhere to the science but I don't see them being mass marketed like that. Try to find a forum about it lol. If we see a pic with your new model g/f we'll assume you found the jackpot.

Simply put: Any guy that is able to get girls and is not 13 won't buy that crap more than once (curiosity). Most guys that are buying it have problems that are way beyond the capabilities of a scent. The other few just needed a confidence booster that a good fragrance would cover.

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #13
mgwatson48
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E86 M

09-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #14
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Find it amusing that the OP is getting upset from responses when he posts a thread about taking an interest in his roommates pheromone cologne usage.

What would you expect?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 05:58 AM   #15
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

they do work..
I have personally experimented with pheromones for about a month and came to a conclusion that you have to be in a very close distance in order for it to work. Now, don't think that the chicks will start hitting and you and asking for sex lol
Pheromones will promote positive emotions towards you
      09-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
I'll chime in here.

I have over 30 types of cologne, mildly obsessed, and have made mental notes of how nights went with different ones. I will tell you that I have never had more compliments than when I started wearing Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. I have literally had women stop in their tracks just to smell my neck, not making that up. It is pretty much all I wear now... a spray low behind each ear, and one straight on the neck. Everytime I have gone out for the probably 3 months I have been wearing it, I receive at least two compliments. This one cougar (I am 28, she's 42) won't leave me alone now, and every time I show up at the bar she comes up to smell me... kind of funny actually. She's hot and gives good blowies too... so if that is what you are after, try it out.

Age range for the compliments is about 25-45 with the Light Blue. The younger girls (not sure of your age) respond well to Fierce by Abercrombie, and Euphoria by CK.

Also, keep in mind that demographics plays a part too. In Germany, I used to wear Curve because it has a very unique smell and it is not available in Germany, so it was different and interesting to the women. I have noticed the same with the Light Blue, because most people don't know it comes in men's as well as women's.

*Disclaimer*
This cologne will not help you keep a conversation with women, you must figure that part out on your own. LOL
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
I started wearing Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. This one cougar comes up to smell me... She's hot and gives good blowies too...
*runs out of the house to buy a bottle*
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Find it amusing that the OP is getting upset from responses when he posts a thread about taking an interest in his roommates pheromone cologne usage.

What would you expect?
I'm honestly a little surprised, I thought I clearly prefaced this thread saying I was surprised I was asking myself, but the douchebags still came out en masse. Glad a couple people responded lol, I knew at least SOMEONE had tried them. That's all I was looking for. Right under this thread is one about friendzone issues.

Last edited by Augenbrauezug; 09-09-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
I'll chime in here.

I have over 30 types of cologne, mildly obsessed, and have made mental notes of how nights went with different ones. I will tell you that I have never had more compliments than when I started wearing Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. I have literally had women stop in their tracks just to smell my neck, not making that up. It is pretty much all I wear now... a spray low behind each ear, and one straight on the neck. Everytime I have gone out for the probably 3 months I have been wearing it, I receive at least two compliments. This one cougar (I am 28, she's 42) won't leave me alone now, and every time I show up at the bar she comes up to smell me... kind of funny actually. She's hot and gives good blowies too... so if that is what you are after, try it out.

Age range for the compliments is about 25-45 with the Light Blue. The younger girls (not sure of your age) respond well to Fierce by Abercrombie, and Euphoria by CK.

Also, keep in mind that demographics plays a part too. In Germany, I used to wear Curve because it has a very unique smell and it is not available in Germany, so it was different and interesting to the women. I have noticed the same with the Light Blue, because most people don't know it comes in men's as well as women's.

*Disclaimer*
This cologne will not help you keep a conversation with women, you must figure that part out on your own. LOL
All I wear is Acqua di Gio and Black code, I've really never tried anything else. Might be time to try something new.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #20
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
You fckin kidding me? Your going to deduce my opinion on relationships based on my curiosity of my roommates pheromones?
Your question is the equivalent of going on the the main forums and asking "Will stickers and spinner hubs make my car go faster?". So yeah, your whole perspective on dating and relationships is very broken if you're asking a question like this.

Quote:
But if we're sitting here judging each other, if your going to act like a douchebag to someone asking a legitimate question, your entire perspective on life is very very broken

My, my, kids today are so thin skinned ...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #21
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBiscuit View Post
I just pee on my hands and go from there. Still nothing yet
Are you spritzing or splashing? It sounds like more of an application issue...
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, 550i, X3

Garage List
Of course you'd find this on a BMW forum

I stopped wearing cologne in freshmen year of college. Nowadays whenever I walk into an elevator and smell some guy showers in Aqua I can't help but laugh and wonder if he's hitting up the Roxbury.