BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

03-06-2017, 12:55 AM   #1
lphiewok
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Alpine White

3M Dinoc Interior trim accents

hey guys, I have purchased a retrofit camera for my e92 so I had to take my interior trims apart in order to access it. I figured it would be a good time to wrap some of the pieces that the rubber was starting to wear out.

I didn't want to wrap my aluminum trims since I like the contrast look of silver with black interior but I wanted to add some CF accent to my interior.

I know this isn't the fanciest mod and not everyone's cup of tea but I like how it turned out and I will keep it for now.

I also added steering wheel plastic trim and power button, since they had some cosmetic scratches that was bothering me.

Wrapping was extremely easy for most of parts since they can be detached completely, except for the AC trim. I didn't know how to remove only the outside trim so I ended up using the blade to cut for the AC trim.

Wraps were purchased from Amazon for about $40 dollars for 5ft long size. Blade was also purchased from the same dealer for ~$7 dollars. Only other tools needed were plastic removal tools (also Amazon for around $10 dollars lol).
For about $60 dollars to switching things up, I believe it is a fun mod to try at least (if you mess up, you can always remove it too).

I still have more than half of the wraps left and I am itching to wrap some other parts..

If anyone has questions on how to take apart anything or how to cut certain areas, I would be more than happy to help out.
Attached Images

Last edited by lphiewok; 03-06-2017 at 01:43 AM..
Appreciate 1
aus891.50
      03-06-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Looks good - I did similar on some of my interior pieces that I didn't have covered in real CF

You might want to re-wrap your cupholder trim though - all other weave is going Top Right to Bottom Left - cupholder trim is opposite
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
lphiewok
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Alpine White

wow I just noticed that! haha
I thought I made sure all patterns were going up right but I must have flipped in my head. thanks for pointing it out since I will never be able to unsee that pattern now.. at least that is the easiest trim to remove and redo!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 09:02 AM   #4
Ink09
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT / 84 E30 318i

Looks good!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2017, 09:05 AM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lphiewok View Post
wow I just noticed that! haha
I thought I made sure all patterns were going up right but I must have flipped in my head. thanks for pointing it out since I will never be able to unsee that pattern now.. at least that is the easiest trim to remove and redo!
Sorry

I know it would bother me too, I made sure to check multiple times when I wrapped mine to make sure direction was correct

If you do the cupholder doors also, not only is direction important, but the lines have to align with trim wrap + the cutout for the silver buttons is a beatch
Appreciate 0