BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

07-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

How much should i go for?

Hi, I just talked to Mountain View BMW dealer today. They only have one sedan which is space gray with loaded options(71,xxx). I do not need all those options! All I need are Tech, Premium, Heated front seat, moonroof and maybe with DCT, without is fine! They also said they can get me a black/black and its msrp 65,9XX. I built my own on bmwusa with all the options i wanted and is close to 66,XXX. I am trying to aim for one around 65 to 67 the most, however they said they can give me a bigger discount on the space gray one since it is on their lot. I checked edmunds.com and it seems people are buying around 3200 off msrp. I also saw some people on this forum getting theirs for about 5k off msrp. I am wondering how much did you guys pay especially within this 2 months? It would be very helpful if you are also from the bay area.

Also I was told that the manual ones are easier to get more discount since the DCT is more popular? is that true?

I am thinking to try asking them for MSRP out the door. I might buy a used manual, since they are around 49,000 to 53,000 with 4k-8k miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

I believe you can pick up one at invoice or + 250 ~1000 (max, if you like the specific car a lot and you don't think you can find one).

And...
just to make sure, when you build a car from BMWUSA, it doesn't show you gas guzzler tax, so you will need to add that on top of the price BMWUSA's built price.
So what you built in the website may be around 67,700 in real life (and what dealer has for 65.9k is 64.2k in BMW website).

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
z4mber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
I believe you can pick up one at invoice or + 250 ~1000 (max, if you like the specific car a lot and you don't think you can find one).

And...
just to make sure, when you build a car from BMWUSA, it doesn't show you gas guzzler tax, so you will need to add that on top of the price BMWUSA's built price.
So what you built in the website may be around 67,700 in real life (and what dealer has for 65.9k is 64.2k in BMW website).
for the 250-1000, do u mean 250-1k off invoice...or 250-1000k over invoice?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #4
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

At invoice or invoice + (250 ~ 1000).
If you want to order the car, you can get it AT invoice (there is a thread about BMW sale person who sell at invoice) but if like the car in your dealer's lot, invoice +1k is the MAX you would pay.

Without trunk money, it'll be tough to go under invoice until 2010 goes into production.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mber View Post
Hi, I just talked to Mountain View BMW dealer today. They only have one sedan which is space gray with loaded options(71,xxx). I do not need all those options! All I need are Tech, Premium, Heated front seat, moonroof and maybe with DCT, without is fine! They also said they can get me a black/black and its msrp 65,9XX. I built my own on bmwusa with all the options i wanted and is close to 66,XXX. I am trying to aim for one around 65 to 67 the most, however they said they can give me a bigger discount on the space gray one since it is on their lot. I checked edmunds.com and it seems people are buying around 3200 off msrp. I also saw some people on this forum getting theirs for about 5k off msrp. I am wondering how much did you guys pay especially within this 2 months? It would be very helpful if you are also from the bay area.

Also I was told that the manual ones are easier to get more discount since the DCT is more popular? is that true?

I am thinking to try asking them for MSRP out the door. I might buy a used manual, since they are around 49,000 to 53,000 with 4k-8k miles.
Just give the dealer your very best serious offer for that M3. If they deny, then walk away from that deal and look at other options. Since it's this late in the '09 MY, go for invoice or less if possible. \

Also, I think DCT would be the more popular choice, but not the better choice. The main reason why it's more popular is simple: More people prefer to drive automatics these days. I happen to strongly prefer a true manual in my car. But that's just me. And I'm sure many M3 owners with the 6 speed can relate.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 02:34 AM   #6
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

invoice on sedans! go for it
      07-23-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
M3luvr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 E90 DCT Silverstone

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 DCT  [0.00]
I paid $400 over invoice for my car last month, but could probably asked for more discount. Finding a sedan with DCT was real hard here in the bay area and I did not want to wait to order one. I just had to have the car, but that's just me.
      07-23-2009, 03:27 AM   #8
garek
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3 DCT

bmwsonline.com

I suggest you contact David at https://www.bmwsonline.com/

You can configure the car exactly as you want, and he will order it and sell it to you at invoice.

I recently purchased my M3 from David, and received it this Sunday and couldn't be happier. The transaction was hassle and everything went like clockwork.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280738
      08-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #9
BZTR
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5, M4

bmwsonline

I actually tried to contact David multiple times recently, but didn’t get any response back. I left him a couple of voce mails, emails, and sent him a PM but still haven’t gotten any response back. I knew that he wasn’t on vacation since receptionist at the dealership told me that he was in. This was very strange since he was advertising here and seemed like a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garek View Post
I suggest you contact David at https://www.bmwsonline.com/

You can configure the car exactly as you want, and he will order it and sell it to you at invoice.

I recently purchased my M3 from David, and received it this Sunday and couldn't be happier. The transaction was hassle and everything went like clockwork.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280738
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
major_kusanagi
SWARM & COIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR/CF E92 M3

Contact Alek @ bmwsf and mention Lee. He will get you whatever you want for $300 + invoice. Plus, he's a gearhead. MV guys are salesmen, not car guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mber View Post

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by duk View Post
invoice on sedans! go for it
Agree.

I try to let them know that I am serious and not trying to play hard ball but this is “all I will or can afford.” If you come off as polite and not some ass just looking to grind them, I’m sure they’ll work with you.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0