BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

BPM

04-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #925
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

i'd keep nash, everyone else is up for negotiations
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 05:44 PM   #926
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Dwight didn't give two shits about being ejected. Looked like he wanted to. I like the guy but damn, I doubt he'll ever get a ring. Not with any team...
      04-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #927
M3forMe
M3 Dreamin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 E92 - AW

Get rid of them all and rebuild now. DH is no superstar. The old guys need to go. Keep Kobe for the championship experience and build a new team. They all have no heart except Kobe. The rest look like a bunch of players playing street ball at the local Y.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #928
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Steve Nash is way too brittle at his age to last for an entire season, and a long playoff hunt for a title. He's maybe good for 40 games a season, and 20-25 minutes, kind of like Ginobli is now (except Ginobli is younger).

Plus the D'Antoni system just produces a lot of wear and tear on starters. It literally grinded Kobe into the ground.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #929
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Exactly why Kobe is injured.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #930
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

You cannot go into rebuild with Kobe contract still out there. And wiping out the whole team is a huge mistake.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #931
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

All contracts except for nash expire after next season. They just need to play out next season and plan for 2014. Even if they don't sign dwight, nash, kobe, and gasol can still lead a team to the playoffs when healthy. Worst case you get a lottery pick and have a ton of money to waste right after. I really hope they don't give dwight the max and really just focus on the year after next.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #932
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lakeshow just gotta be HEALTHY next season. Kobe, Nash, gasol, Howard, and MWP played like 7 games together out of 82 that's why their chemistry was all f'd up playing with d leaguers off the bench. Hopefully Dwight doesn't be a money whore and takes a decent salary in order to win a championship
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #933
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Steve Nash is way too brittle at his age to last for an entire season, and a long playoff hunt for a title. He's maybe good for 40 games a season, and 20-25 minutes, kind of like Ginobli is now (except Ginobli is younger).

Plus the D'Antoni system just produces a lot of wear and tear on starters. It literally grinded Kobe into the ground.
Him and kobe are prob more fit than half the league and look at their age... If they come back healthy next season they could be the best backcourt in the league
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #934
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

I wasn't big on Howard at the beginning of the season, but he was really playing well towards the end of the season. Like him or not, he's a top 5 player in the league when he's healthy. If you're a laker fan, you better hope he resigns or the Lakers will be a lottery team (or mediocre at best) for awhile.

Nash broke down at the end of the season like a lot players on the team, but his injury at the beginning of the season was more of a freak thing. He's signed and even if he wasn't, they gave up way too much just to give up on him.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #935
socalbreeze
Obey This
Rep
Drives: Audi Etron, G63, 19 NSX, 600LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Dwight didn't give two shits about being ejected. Looked like he wanted to. I like the guy but damn, I doubt he'll ever get a ring. Not with any team...

He copped out. He didn't want to be there when the Lakers are getting hammered and answer 4438858394 questions about them getting swept.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #936
socalbreeze
Obey This
Rep
Drives: Audi Etron, G63, 19 NSX, 600LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
Lakeshow just gotta be HEALTHY next season. Kobe, Nash, gasol, Howard, and MWP played like 7 games together out of 82 that's why their chemistry was all f'd up playing with d leaguers off the bench. Hopefully Dwight doesn't be a money whore and takes a decent salary in order to win a championship

No. They need to get young and athletic. Look at SA. They were able to use their aging stars along with their younger athletic role players. The lakers are also horrible at developing young talent. Look what came out of SA system: George Hill and Gary Neal. These guys weren't high draft picks but they were smart in drafting in what they actually need. Think about it, lakers drafted Patrick Beverly in round 2 in 2009 and now he is starting for Houston in the playoffs and knocking out Westbrook out of playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #937
KittyBooBoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 sDrive 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
Get rid of them all and rebuild now. DH is no superstar. The old guys need to go. Keep Kobe for the championship experience and build a new team. They all have no heart except Kobe. The rest look like a bunch of players playing street ball at the local Y.
That's exactly what my husband says too. "They look like a bunch of guys playing pick up".
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 09:12 AM   #938
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

watchya know bout that Carlos Delfino - yes, that bench player on the 8th seeded Rockets team HAHAHA !!!!

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #939
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkhan23 View Post
Him and kobe are prob more fit than half the league and look at their age... If they come back healthy next season they could be the best backcourt in the league
Yes they are fit, so is Steve Nash. Age catches up with everyone.

Kobe is 34 going on 35 with lots of mileage. He came into the league right out of high school, and now has 17 seasons under his belt. Had he done 4 years in college, and done 17 seasons, he would be 39. He has the same amount of seasons under his belt as Steve Nash. A lot of wear of tear.

Dwight is young, but he had major back surgery before the season and it hobbled him. Some people never get back their flexibility, and strength 100% after major surgery.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #940
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
watchya know bout that Carlos Delfino - yes, that bench player on the 8th seeded Rockets team HAHAHA !!!!

That was great.

Am I the only one that noticed that Harden has choked hard in the playoffs? Harden is one hell of a player in the regular season but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Terrible shots, consistently turnovers, low FG %, can't make any clutch shots, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #941
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
That was great.

Am I the only one that noticed that Harden has choked hard in the playoffs? Harden is one hell of a player in the regular season but he hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Terrible shots, consistently turnovers, low FG %, can't make any clutch shots, etc.
Nope, being the OKC fanboy that I am...I know what Harden does. Just like last season, when he was with OKC, he did not do jack shit. 6th man of the year but not in the clutch I guess.

Like you said, terrible shot selection...last two possessions instead of driving in or even attempting a better shot he stayed around the three point. 1 - air ball, 2 - brink.

They were lucky Ibaka missed that point blank shot at the end but then again...I had a feeling OKC would lose yesterday. If you look closely through out the game, they were running different sets...getting different guys involved...Durant wasn't always at the top like the previous game they won in Houston.

OKC will win the series on their home floor. No way Houston takes it from them. Also, everyone is over reacting on the Westbrook injury...they have no idea how effective Reggie Jackson is. In fact, more games, the guy is better at running the point in facilitating and not causing careless turn overs that Westbrook deals on a nightly basis.
      04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #942
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Who's a Warrriors fan here. Everyone is ecstatic that they have a shot at beating Denver but look who's coming up next.

SPURS

Oh but wait...most Warrior fans are clueless they think they can beat the Spurs as well.
      04-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #943
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post

lmao at Parson's face. friggin guy...
      04-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #944
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbreeze View Post
No. They need to get young and athletic. Look at SA. They were able to use their aging stars along with their younger athletic role players. The lakers are also horrible at developing young talent. Look what came out of SA system: George Hill and Gary Neal. These guys weren't high draft picks but they were smart in drafting in what they actually need. Think about it, lakers drafted Patrick Beverly in round 2 in 2009 and now he is starting for Houston in the playoffs and knocking out Westbrook out of playoffs.
Patrick Beverly looks so much better than darius Morris, but in '09 the Lakers still had fisher, Shannon brown, farmar, and I guess even Sasha played some guard. So no room for him. The players they've tried to develop recently like morris, goudelock and maybe caracter just haven't panned out

Looking at that Houston roster, Aaron Brooks seemed like he would have been a nice pickup after he was waived by the kings. Brooks did back up Nash in Phoenix so maybe that didn't work out well there.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #945
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBooBoo View Post
That's exactly what my husband says too. "They look like a bunch of guys playing pick up".
When your top 4 guards are out and your back ups are out and you have a couple D-leaguers two seven footers can't play for 48 mins and your playing a veteran spurs team, your going to look like a fool.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #946
Dkhan23
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Yes they are fit, so is Steve Nash. Age catches up with everyone.

Kobe is 34 going on 35 with lots of mileage. He came into the league right out of high school, and now has 17 seasons under his belt. Had he done 4 years in college, and done 17 seasons, he would be 39. He has the same amount of seasons under his belt as Steve Nash. A lot of wear of tear.

Dwight is young, but he had major back surgery before the season and it hobbled him. Some people never get back their flexibility, and strength 100% after major surgery.
I think kobe and nash can come back pretty strong. After surgery he just hasn't played strong. Even though he averages a double double and a good amount of blocks per game, he's playing too soft, not driving hard or backing down and it's also affected his vertical. He prob doesn't play strong down low because of how soft the NBA has become and thinks he's going to pick up an offensive foul.
Appreciate 0