BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

01-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Ess vt-535 kit owners...

Im really eager to get this kit, and wanted to get owners insights. How do you guys like kit? Is it a big difference from stock? Does the car pull way harder? Any problems? How much wheel/crack hp and torque should i expect.

I know the kit cost 8000 dollars , how much extra is the tune? What exactly does not having the intercooler mean? Is this bad? Do i need an intercooler? Will my car over heat? What is the best place to get it installed in Socal? Rennspec..autotalent? Does the kit come with EVERYTHING needed? Or is there other things needed to install.

What is the difference between the 535,575,600, 625 kits besides the intercooler and power. I see theres a big jump from the 535 to 575 in pricing.

How does the dealer treat you guys, did they automatically void the drivetrain warranty?

The ones with big brakes kits and not, do you guys think its a must or must not.

This is a big step for me for obvious reasons, not really the money. I dont want to deal with issues/headaches and stuff like that because I have no time for this stuff right now in my life. I want something that is headache free and ive heard gintani and ess are the ish. However Gintani kits are more $$. Not trying to start a war here between the two so dont get into that. Please only honest answers from owners or owners friends and such, I know theres a lot of ESS fan boys here (m33) , please keep this decision peaceful. Ess i would greatly appreciate a comment . I havent heard one thing negative about ESS and after speaking with Romen at one of the meets, im convinced.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by 1cleanm6; 01-27-2011 at 08:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I'm pretty interested in the answers as well, but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the stock brakes though.
i love your brembos
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
AJ@ESS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

All ESS SC kits include injectors and matching software.

VT1-535 is night and day difference from stock. Typically 110+WHP over stock.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If one were to install it themself, does the warranty coverage still apply?

Is the coverage transferable?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
All ESS SC kits include injectors and matching software.

VT1-535 is night and day difference from stock. Typically 110+WHP over stock.
I would appreciate it if you spent more then 30 seconds on a reply post and answer the other questions.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 08:53 PM   #6
AJ@ESS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
I would appreciate it if you spent more then 30 seconds on a reply post and answer the other questions.

You asked for inputs from owners I assumed, not manufacturer. I just cleared up the factual questions.

The kit is virtually maintenance free, change SC oil and basically forget about it.

The VT1-535 is a low pressure kit that is extensively tested in 120+F heat with no issues whatsover. In fact it is one of my favorite kits as it gives so much power with no headache and top build quality at a reasonable price point.

The warranty is valid for self installers, and this kit is actually very easy to install so anyone with basic wrenching skills can easily install it themselves.

The major difference between VT1 and VT2 is the intercooler system and boost pressure. Personally I find the VT1-535 more than quick enough.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #7
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Im really eager to get this kit, and wanted to get owners insights. How do you guys like kit? Is it a big difference from stock? Does the car pull way harder? Any problems? How much wheel/crack hp and torque should i expect.

I know the kit cost 8000 dollars , how much extra is the tune? What exactly does not having the intercooler mean? Is this bad? Do i need an intercooler? Will my car over heat? What is the best place to get it installed in Socal? Rennspec..autotalent? Does the kit come with EVERYTHING needed? Or is there other things needed to install.

What is the difference between the 535,575,600, 625 kits besides the intercooler and power. I see theres a big jump from the 535 to 575 in pricing.

How does the dealer treat you guys, did they automatically void the drivetrain warranty?

The ones with big brakes kits and not, do you guys think its a must or must not.

This is a big step for me for obvious reasons, not really the money. I dont want to deal with issues/headaches and stuff like that because I have no time for this stuff right now in my life. I want something that is headache free and ive heard gintani and ess are the ish. However Gintani kits are more $$. Not trying to start a war here between the two so dont get into that. Please only honest answers from owners or owners friends and such, I know theres a lot of ESS fan boys here (m33) , please keep this decision peaceful. Ess i would greatly appreciate a comment . I havent heard one thing negative about ESS and after speaking with Romen at one of the meets, im convinced.

Thanks guys!
1) IMO The M3 with a supercharger is a super car ! It puts a smile on your face every time you drive it ( i call it therapy )
2) It's a big difference from stock it's a totally different car .
3) i have never experienced any issues with my kit.
4) I personally would recommend getting a inter cooled kit ( power is more efficient & keeps temps down )
5) The difference in the ESS staged kits are Software, injectors , intercooler & pulley/boost .
6) I get my oil changes and services as i would with out the blower with out any problems ( I've went to 4 different dealer's with out any problems whatsoever )
7) They won't void your warranty just because they see a blower now if you came across a problem due to the blower that's a different story .......
8) Choose the Kit/company that best suits your needs "" Peaceful""
9) BBK is not really needed if your a spirited driver , now if you have a heavy foot then yeah get BBK ( although it's smart if you equally upgrade all levels on the car Power/Brakes/Suspension )
10) you said it yourself their is not one unhappy ESS SC'r owner ( problem free and that's with 150+ kits sold )

Good Luck on your Purchase
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #8
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty interested in the answers as well, but I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with the stock brakes though.

I would like to add a question regarding the service... I'm in Bumblef#ck Upstate NY, what kind of issues could I run into in terms of service? Are these kits failry maintenance free?

Thanks as well!
You have to change the oil in the blower every 7,500 miles and it takes about 15 min to do ( real simple )
If you want a ride in mine i'm in Stamford CT & your more than welcome to come by for a ride, probably a 30 min ride from your neck of the woods to mine .
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #9
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ@ESS View Post
You asked for inputs from owners I assumed, not manufacturer. I just cleared up the factual questions.

The kit is virtually maintenance free, change SC oil and basically forget about it.

The VT1-535 is a low pressure kit that is extensively tested in 120+F heat with no issues whatsover. In fact it is one of my favorite kits as it gives so much power with no headache and top build quality at a reasonable price point.

The warranty is valid for self installers, and this kit is actually very easy to install so anyone with basic wrenching skills can easily install it themselves.

The major difference between VT1 and VT2 is the intercooler system and boost pressure. Personally I find the VT1-535 more than quick enough.
How much do you think one would save by installing on their own then going to a shop for tuning. Rather than going for a shop for everything?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #10
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
1) IMO The M3 with a supercharger is a super car ! It puts a smile on your face every time you drive it ( i call it therapy )
2) It's a big difference from stock it's a totally different car .
3) i have never experienced any issues with my kit.
4) I personally would recommend getting a inter cooled kit ( power is more efficient & keeps temps down )
5) The difference in the ESS staged kits are Software, injectors , intercooler & pulley/boost .
6) I get my oil changes and services as i would with out the blower with out any problems ( I've went to 4 different dealer's with out any problems whatsoever )
7) They won't void your warranty just because they see a blower now if you came across a problem due to the blower that's a different story .......
8) Choose the Kit/company that best suits your needs "" Peaceful""
9) BBK is not really needed if your a spirited driver , now if you have a heavy foot then yeah get BBK ( although it's smart if you equally upgrade all levels on the car Power/Brakes/Suspension )
10) you said it yourself their is not one unhappy ESS SC'r owner ( problem free and that's with 150+ kits sold )

Good Luck on your Purchase
Never a dull answer from you broski
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 10:09 PM   #11
AJ@ESS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
How much do you think one would save by installing on their own then going to a shop for tuning. Rather than going for a shop for everything?
750-1000 for VT1
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #12
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart@AUTOcouture View Post
Never a dull answer from you broski
Why thank you Bart
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:19 AM   #13
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: OE Tuned C63

Im not too familiar with the M3 SC kits but, I would definitely get the intercooled kit along with Water/Meth injection. This would GREATLY reduce heat.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:39 AM   #14
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

if the price is not a huge difference get the kit will the cooler.

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:51 AM   #15
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

I have had the intercooled ESS S/C kit for over a year and have had no issues. I have tracked the car and the temps have been normal at all times. The reliability of this kit speaks volumes for its tuning, craftsmanship and design. It just works!

As for the dealer questions, I speak to the service manager before I take my car to a new dealer. After a quick conversation they let me know which service advisor to work with and then we are all set. I have had warranty work performed no problem.

... and the BBK. It would help, but it is not required. I mean if you track the car you will need to get some track pads for the stock brakes or a BBK would greatly help.

The added power in the car is just amazing! I have a smile ear to ear every time I drive it. When I give people rides they are amazed how fast the car is and how hard it pins them in the seat. I could not imagine my M3 without it now!

I would highly recommend the ESS S/C for your M3. I hope this helps!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:54 AM   #16
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Having a SC is like having your penis enlarged.

Would you like 2 inches or four mate???

535 < 600

Just get the 600 VT2 kit with the inter cooler. You wont be sorry.

I started with 575 and then upgraded virtually immediately to 600 since power is addictive and unless you have the most you can have you wont be happy for long.

If on the other hand you only have 8000, then its a money thing and we all understand.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #17
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:

Don't be so hard on AJ dude!! He is the one that does those special tunes if he really likes you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
Rshane
M-Flight Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

How dıffıcult would ıt be to upgrade from the 535 to the 575, and any ıdea of the cost?

2015 Audi S4 Prestige, Brilliant Black S-tronic
2012 Le Mans Blue 135i M Pkg DCT
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 07:14 AM   #19
AJ@ESS
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshane View Post
How dıffıcult would ıt be to upgrade from the 535 to the 575, and any ıdea of the cost?
Quite easy: You replace the intake manifold, install the IC circuit, change pulley/belt and load new software. Around 5K in cost.

Personally I am a big VT1-535 fan, the kit is so simple to install and provides a massive power gain at reasonable cost. Since it is only 4.5PSI, and our SC air intake system is very efficient, heat development is not an issue at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #20
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Having a SC is like having your penis enlarged.

Would you like 2 inches or four

You really know how to put it down on paper

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:45 AM   #21
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Quote:
Now I know how to sell it to the wife! Thanks!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
g2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 24V

Do the SC cars pass emission inspections with stock cats?

What about these high flow 100 cell cats?
Appreciate 0