BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Dealer Forgot Intake Piping - Issue?

When changing out my ICV the dealer neglected to reinstall the piece that connects the airbox to the air scoops in the grilles. I have been driving like this for a couple thousand miles. Other than decreased performance due to sucking in hot air from the engine bay could this cause any issues?
Attached Images

Last edited by W Cole; 06-29-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
Longwong
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 catless

Dealers I tell you. I did my own oil change last month and found a friggin paper towel in the oil filter housing left there from last change by them. Amazes me. Too bad we need the dealer for stuff due to the cars cost and complexity but they are so incompetent. I always now thoroughly check under the hood anytime my car is there.

Like you said there is probably not much difference in anything but performance at full throttle due to maybe not quite getting the same air but I think the redundancy of the m3's air intake system (3 separate paths at full throttle) I am sure minimal. Hot air however likely was knocking a few horsepower off and raising IAT's.

Reconnect but unfortunately involves removing the entire airbox (not just the top so a bit of a pain
Appreciate 0