BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #23
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
My prayers have finally been answered.

You post Fatties pics and I am gonna go Volunteer State on you ......
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #24
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
I wouldnt call one of the richest people in the South ignorant, do some research on the Haslam Family

When I get out of Law School this will be my first objective, save the trolling
I don't need to do research to recognize an ignorant decision when I see one. The law will not last. When you get out of law school in 2017 this law will be long forgotten.

Cyber bullying laws are already treading on thin ice. This is on a whole other level. Old people making decisions about things they don't understand is ignorance plain and simple.

Or do I have to research Gov. Haslem's daily internet habits to justify my claims of his ignorance?

Wealth does not dictate whether or not you are ignorant. A perfect example being Donald Trump.
      06-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #25
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

1. Someone post a picture of the text of the law.
2. Someone in Tennessee view the picture. Poop yourself. Start sobbing wildly.
3. Arrest governor of Tennessee under the new law.
4. ???
5. Profit!
      06-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #26
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I don't need to do research to recognize an ignorant decision when I see one. The law will not last. When you get out of law school in 2017 this law will be long forgotten.

Cyber bullying laws are already treading on thin ice. This is on a whole other level. Old people making decisions about things they don't understand is ignorance plain and simple.

Or do I have to research Gov. Haslem's daily internet habits to justify my claims of his ignorance?

Wealth does not dictate whether or not you are ignorant. A perfect example being Donald Trump.
this
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post

You need to research politics, you also need to research the South. When you are in the Bible Belt you do what is necessary to make people happy to keep yourself in the office. He isnt looking for recognition for this one bill, he is looking for the Oval Office and making the people who has got him where he is at happy first, he will then move on to running for President and making the country as a whole happy, or atleast enough to give him more votes than the opponent. Who cares if it gets thrown out, people down here that are ignorant are happy he has done it and he knows it will get thrown out too.

He will run for President one day you mark my words, and I bet he wins.

He owns a television broadcasting company that will make his campaign advertisements look very good compared to others, and that is just one of his smaller investments. All it takes is a good speaker with a lot of advertisements to win an election in this day and age.
      06-10-2011, 04:43 PM   #28
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
burn down babylon system, deliver us from evil. This is fuckery.
      06-10-2011, 05:23 PM   #29
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You need to research politics, you also need to research the South. When you are in the Bible Belt you do what is necessary to make people happy to keep yourself in the office. He isnt looking for recognition for this one bill, he is looking for the Oval Office and making the people who has got him where he is at happy first, he will then move on to running for President and making the country as a whole happy, or atleast enough to give him more votes than the opponent. Who cares if it gets thrown out, people down here that are ignorant are happy he has done it and he knows it will get thrown out too.

He will run for President one day you mark my words, and I bet he wins.

He owns a television broadcasting company that will make his campaign advertisements look very good compared to others, and that is just one of his smaller investments. All it takes is a good speaker with a lot of advertisements to win an election in this day and age.

I read this in a hick accent....

I like how u think nobody understands the south and u know everything about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:40 PM   #30
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Noone knows an area unless they have lived in it, and I never said "noone", I said he didn't.

The Bible Belt is a tough crowd to please, they have their beliefs and don't want any change. He wants to be president and he is doing his ground work for later. Man is far from ignorant, he is just playing their game until he is in the White House. This coming from someone who lives in his fuckng town, has met him a few times, and even listened to him speak at UT business.
      06-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #31
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Noone knows an area unless they have lived in it, and I never said "noone", I said he didn't.

The Bible Belt is a tough crowd to please, they have their beliefs and don't want any change. He wants to be president and he is doing his ground work for later. Man is far from ignorant, he is just playing their game until he is in the White House. This coming from someone who lives in his fuckng town, has met him a few times, and even listened to him speak at UT business.
Every politican does the same shit no matter where their from.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #32
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

I know that, which is why my first statement was research politics, V did what typical people do and jumped to the ignorant conclusion of a southerner. But he isn't a typical Governor or southerner, he is filthy rich and probably going to be the next southern presidential candidate. Not all governors have the ability to run for the WH, some just do what they believe in office. He does, so he is just doing groundwork right now.
      06-10-2011, 05:58 PM   #33
Scrubber
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i Coupe (former)

Good luck enforcing this. MAC Spoofing, proxy servers, blah, blah, blah. Maybe the writer of the bill should know how the Internet actually works.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:57 PM   #34
Tortfeasor 335xi
Corporate Hack
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi Coupe

The law likely wont last through a single law suit. Images have been considered a form of speech for years, and we are guaranteed freedom of speech under the constitution. There are other clauses you could use to invalidate this law too. Due process under the void for vagueness doctrine comes to mind. After all WTF is "offensive" now a days, given that goatse is an internet meme for Christ's sake.
Really Much Earlier Car: 1988 Mazda 626 TURBO
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:03 PM   #35
BobKingerman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i, 1969 Mustang

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
What if a news channel posts a video of a violent crime or accident?
That could be considered to cause emotional stress.

2007 335i E90 BSM Depo Tail, Matte Grill, AFE DCI, JB4, Debadge, Matte Black Avant Garde M310, Blacked Out Trim, Mtech v3 AE
Future Mods: Tint, Catless DPs
E90post.com E9x Picture GAME!!! 2 Points Challenges Girl, Office Space
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 11:57 PM   #36
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

And what if you post a pic of a girl passed out with shit on her face on facebook. Yeah, it may cause her distress, but think about the thousands of people you made laugh. Sometimes you have to think about the greater good.
St Augustine - "An unjust law is not law at all."
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 03:45 AM   #37
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
I read this in a hick accent....

I like how u think nobody understands the south and u know everything about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #38
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKingerman View Post
What if a news channel posts a video of a violent crime or accident?
That could be considered to cause emotional stress.