BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

12-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #155
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5, 2010 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post

Heard about that…the UGR guys right?

Then Attend http://tx2k.com/
This will let you know EXACTLY and CLEARLY where you stand.
You might lose to GTRs A LOT more than you have ever imagined you could. Not just GTRs either…Lambos, Supras…leave your ego on these forums when you attend.
Butt-hurtess and depression mixed with ego deflation may ensue afterwards.
for the most part the UGR guys wont run from a dig. Ever. But i understand why. Broken gallardo trans = 40k.

Im registered for the tx2k roll event, will be running the tx2k drag event and registered for the texas invitational also. If any of the m3s in here think they are fast you are more than welcome to try it
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #156
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaBomber View Post
for the most part the UGR guys wont run from a dig. Ever. But i understand why. Broken gallardo trans = 40k.

Im registered for the tx2k roll event, will be running the tx2k drag event and registered for the texas invitational also. If any of the m3s in here think they are fast you are more than welcome to try it
40k?

I think I posted with you last year...but still on these forums...im hearing the same stuff about M3s and what they'll do to a GTR.

I honestly don't think that many of the posters here realize what beasts are out there let alone modified.

I understand being enthused. I get it. Totally, but lets not be delusional either. That's why I keep pushing 2k shamelessly

Honestly dude, I think they just don't know any better.

I just advise everyone on here to attend ONE 2k meet.
They just may come back a very changed (albeit humbled) person.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #157
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Serious question here for the GTR guys--particularly former (or maybe even still current) M3 owners, who can compare. I don't care about drag racing. I get it, the GTR is faster than thought itself. But can you guys lay down for me what the GTR feels like, in comparison? What about those twisty canyon roads? What about interior (and even exterior, as has already been discussed somewhat) aesthetics? What about driving feel? Can you help me understand these differences, and anything else that may be related? I'm very happy with my M3 at the moment, but I can't say that--if the opportunity presented itself--I wouldn't roll with Godzilla at some point. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 12:48 AM   #158
Skooterbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 alpine white dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBlitz76 View Post
Serious question here for the GTR guys--particularly former (or maybe even still current) M3 owners, who can compare. I don't care about drag racing. I get it, the GTR is faster than thought itself. But can you guys lay down for me what the GTR feels like, in comparison? What about those twisty canyon roads? What about interior (and even exterior, as has already been discussed somewhat) aesthetics? What about driving feel? Can you help me understand these differences, and anything else that may be related? I'm very happy with my M3 at the moment, but I can't say that--if the opportunity presented itself--I wouldn't roll with Godzilla at some point. Thanks.
Im finishing up a huge write up comparing the 2. I linked the beginning part a few posts back comparing engine and tranny, both from stock to both at 700hp. (I currently own a ESS/AR 700 M3 and a SBD E700 GTR)
Jacks 3.8 - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - DPE ST7's - Ecutek via Visconti - 9.4 @150mph 7200ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #159
Mthrice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 M3 Tanzanite/Blk, 15 GT3

Quote:
Its a bigger car, no doubt about it. Reminds me of my old 3000GT VR-4 size wise. You can feel its a heavier car going thru the turns, but that doesn't take away from the feel or grip. AWD has a totally different feeling than RWD thru the twistys, the weight shifts away from the direction your turning in a way that's a bit unnerving until you realize its not gonna break loose, ever. Its an excellent handling car as the magazine tests have proven. One negative is the paddles aren't attached to the steering wheel, so you gotta take a hand off the wheel to shift mid turn.

Most people believe the interior is understated, which I suppose it is. But compared to a Corvette or any other American car its far superior. The recarro seats are much better (at least compared to the leather seats in the M3) for spirited driving, though not as comfortable on long drives. The Bose system sounds good, but isn't up to par with the Logic 7 in the M3.

The exterior seems to be love or hate on this forum, though I haven't heard any negative comments at the gas station yet. The GT-R gets a lot more looks and questions than the M3 did, though its still a dick magnet.

The throttle response is not instant like the M3, but when it spools up there really is no comparison to the rush. Cant imagine what the SBD700 feels like

In short, there pretty much polar opposites. I wouldn't suggest driving one until your ready to buy, or at least thinking of it. I made the mistake (not really) of riding in one at the track one day, and couldn't stop thinking of it till I owned one!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #160
MFL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [9.00]
Wait until you meet a random AMS Alpha 9 on the freeway. Those cars are SICK.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #161
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL View Post
How about a alpha14
8.97@164 - 206.99 half mile - 1401whp 1095tq Road Race Prepped Monster Killed on Hellbender 28
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #162
fbm3cab
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthrice View Post
I made the mistake (not really) of riding in one at the track one day, and couldn't stop thinking of it till I owned one!
Great write up of the differences.

Do you still own the GTR?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #163
Mthrice
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm3cab View Post
Great write up of the differences.

Do you still own the GTR?
Sold my M3 6 weeks ago. Only had the GT-R for a couple weeks, but drove it home from Virginia, so already put 3k miles on it. Stock except for HKS exhaust and midpipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #164
Mthrice
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not really a freeway racer, ill give it a go on the track though Not an airstrip, I know what that result would be, one that has turns!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 03:59 PM   #165
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Any of you guys DD your GT-R? I read that the new 2015 model may have a more comfortable ride. I really need the car for DD and not for the track. It would basically replace the M3. I was OK daily driving my GT3RS until the suspension and exhaust changes. So I can tolerate some but abuse, but not entirely masochistic either.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 05:35 PM   #166
Skooterbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila View Post
Any of you guys DD your GT-R? I read that the new 2015 model may have a more comfortable ride. I really need the car for DD and not for the track. It would basically replace the M3. I was OK daily driving my GT3RS until the suspension and exhaust changes. So I can tolerate some but abuse, but not entirely masochistic either.
Thanks
The 2012s suspension is stiff, but still a better ride then my M3 w/ KW Variant 3's. A stock M3 will ride a little more comfortable, but it's honestly not that bad. If I didn't mind putting tons of miles on my GTR, I would daily the shit out of it.
Jacks 3.8 - Jacks Drag 800 w/ billet gears - AAM GT-900R - Swift - DPE ST7's - Ecutek via Visconti - 9.4 @150mph 7200ft DA - 185.5mph 1/2 mile 9240ft DA
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #167
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooterbrah View Post
The 2012s suspension is stiff, but still a better ride then my M3 w/ KW Variant 3's. A stock M3 will ride a little more comfortable, but it's honestly not that bad. If I didn't mind putting tons of miles on my GTR, I would daily the shit out of it.
Thanks,
So with the added refinement the 2015 should be OK as a DD!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #168
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthrice
Quote:
Not really a freeway racer, ill give it a go on the track though Not an airstrip, I know what that result would be, one that has turns!
Good stuff! I'll be signing up for chuck on the 15th!! Now I need to decide to buy wheels and tires for the gt3 by then or take my r53...

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #169
avol3xo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
I only read the first 3 pages but this thread reminds me a lot of the 335i vs m3 threads. Two different cars in two different classes designed for different purposes.
      01-02-2015, 01:11 PM   #170
SQ5
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10 Gen 2, Tesla Plaid

This race looks similar to the GT-R Vs M3 race.

The future of electric performance cars is bright!

Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 11:01 AM   #171
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by attila
Thanks
My dad bought his 2014 BE back in mid-September and DDs it to the hospitals every day (he's a physician). He's already put 4k miles on it and his only complaint is that the cabin can get pretty loud but it's nothing annoying. It's a fine daily driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2015, 10:33 PM   #172
krzykk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: like a sissy

I dd'd my first GT-R. Loved it but it was not the most comfortable car.
M3 and GT-R are in different leagues. I have great passion and respect for both cars.
Driving experience is quite different between two, unique and rewarding for each of cars. To me they are both great cars and very special.
Don't judge them on speed. Don't judge them on handling. Don't judge them on looks or even sounds they make. Appreciate them for all of the above.
      02-15-2015, 10:04 PM   #173
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mthrice View Post
Its a bigger car, no doubt about it...In short, there pretty much polar opposites. I wouldn't suggest driving one until your ready to buy, or at least thinking of it. I made the mistake (not really) of riding in one at the track one day, and couldn't stop thinking of it till I owned one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krzykk View Post
I dd'd my first GT-R. Loved it but it was not the most comfortable car.
M3 and GT-R are in different leagues. I have great passion and respect for both cars.
Driving experience is quite different between two, unique and rewarding for each of cars. To me they are both great cars and very special.
Don't judge them on speed. Don't judge them on handling. Don't judge them on looks or even sounds they make. Appreciate them for all of the above.
Hi guys, I'm back, and well, Godzilla is SERIOUSLY on the brain now. I had only thought about him before, but now I'm obsessed. I have to have one. I know the answer to the next question that I have will likely generate a very seriously polarized response, but here goes anyway.

Do you all think that I would regret giving up my e92 M3 (2013, just a shade under 10k miles, still 2 yrs warranty and free maintenance remaining, last NA M, only V8 M3 ever, and all that good stuff in mind), if I sold it or traded it now, to get in a GT-R?

I have quoted you two guys above, because I really appreciated your responses, and I think you guys might have the most to be able to offer me, in terms of advice, condolences, or whatever.

I still have not driven one, and at the rate I am going, it looks like nobody is going to let me until I have signed paperwork. I did get a chance to finally sit in one on Saturday, and I did notice that the seatback wasn't as comfortable as my M's (and, apparently, isn't adjustable--like the Ms is), but the seat bottom was probably more comfortable. So I think I see what you mean, krzykk.

If I do get a GT-R, I hope I don't get bored with it as quickly as I have my M3 and my S5. Alas, I'm afraid I MIGHT be a serial car-changer...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 11:39 PM   #174
Skooterbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys, I'm back, and well, Godzilla is SERIOUSLY on the brain now. I had only thought about him before, but now I'm obsessed. I have to have one. I know the answer to the next question that I have will likely generate a very seriously polarized response, but here goes anyway.

Do you all think that I would regret giving up my e92 M3 (2013, just a shade under 10k miles, still 2 yrs warranty and free maintenance remaining, last NA M, only V8 M3 ever, and all that good stuff in mind), if I sold it or traded it now, to get in a GT-R?

I have quoted you two guys above, because I really appreciated your responses, and I think you guys might have the most to be able to offer me, in terms of advice, condolences, or whatever.

I still have not driven one, and at the rate I am going, it looks like nobody is going to let me until I have signed paperwork. I did get a chance to finally sit in one on Saturday, and I did notice that the seatback wasn't as comfortable as my M's (and, apparently, isn't adjustable--like the Ms is), but the seat bottom was probably more comfortable. So I think I see what you mean, krzykk.

If I do get a GT-R, I hope I don't get bored with it as quickly as I have my M3 and my S5. Alas, I'm afraid I MIGHT be a serial car-changer...
I went from a 600+hp supercharged E92 M3 into a DBA GT-R, and I haven't looked back once..... Just be advised.... don't drive it until you are 100% ready... i made the mistake and purchased one 2 days later.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #175
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooterbrah View Post
I went from a 600+hp supercharged E92 M3 into a DBA GT-R, and I haven't looked back once..... Just be advised.... don't drive it until you are 100% ready... i made the mistake and purchased one 2 days later.
Wow, very cool. So what are some of the things that you enjoy so much more about your GTR that maybe you were missing in your M? I imagine that wall of torque comes to mind, for one.

Also, and I am still reading and learning about all the GTR "lingo", but could you please tell me what exactly DBA means? I've seen the term quite often on gtrlife, but haven't quite figured it out yet...
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 01:53 PM   #176
UnaBomber
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Its an overcast shitty monday here. I drove my gtr to work because 3 years and 40000 miles later it puts me in a better mood every single time i drive it
Appreciate 0