BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

04-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
BlitzM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

I don't like Irvine BMW.

I'd say about 8 years ago I went to Irvine BMW with my mom to buy a car. Since she didn't know anything about cars I said she should try a BMW. She's never owned a BMW only Cadillac/Mercedes and Range Rovers. We pulled up in a Nissan Pathfinder and walked into the show floor. Didn't get any attention or salesman whatsoever. We walked around the whole show floor for atleast 20min and started walking out. On the way to the car a saleman outside standing finally asked if we needed help. I told him we were interested in maybe a 5series. Anyways he automatically told me where the used section was.... WTF! Anyways we went to Lexus right after and was approached by a salesman soon as we parked. We bought a Lexus 1hr later.

Present day. A few months ago bought a used 08 E92 M3 6MT with 12.5K miles. A few weeks ago the oil warning light came on and said 1qt on the screen. We didn't know that you can go to a dealer and tell them to top it off and ended up buying a qt for $11-13 and added it ourselves. I told my friend that these eat oil and how expensive the oil was and he told me dealers are suppose to top it off for free since I still have the free maintenance thing. Today we did our first scheduled maintenance at 16K (keep in mind the previous owner did the other services) and he mentioned to them that he had to buy a qt of oil and it was expensive. Service guy does NOT mention anything about he should have just got it topped off or that it is covered by the free maintenance program or whatever. He just said "yeah they do burn oil and the oil is expensive"...

Fuck Irvine BMW and their whole crew...!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
davedave
Captain
Rep
Drives: Godzilla

BMW free maintenance program don't cover burn oil.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Topping off your oil is optional service.
Some dealers do it as service. Some don't. But it's not required by BMW NA.
I had to buy a qt. as my dealer refused to add it for free.
But took a while to get rid of that shitty feeling.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #4
wgf77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi A5

Yeah, I had one dealer in Chicago top off for free and another charge me. Unfortunately it was in that order so I expected it at the second dealer but it is definately not included as I inquired and was kinda annoyed. Oh, well, small price to pay.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
NoSoupForU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 LCI 335i

Yeah, Irvine BMW sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
BlitzM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

ok... thought it was included... either way screw them. It sucks that the closest one is them. 2 miles. btw I got a camry as a loaner...ugh but figures since they get alot of cars for service so doubt they have another bimmer to loan for everyone. I think I will try Crevier next time...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
RevFreak14
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 DCT

Haha, I had a similar experience years ago with Braman BMW in Miami. I pulled up in my Toyota 4Runner at the time and got no help. Saw several people come in after me that were attended to in a timely fashion. When I finally asked for someone to help me ( I was looking to get into an E46 M3 at the time ) they gave me some guy who I don't even think was a salesman, I saw him go on to www.bmwusa.com, and give me the price straight off the website. I told him I could've done that garbage from home and asked him if he was joking. Needless to say I got up and left pretty upset about being treated that way. About a week later I ordered my new M3 from South Motors BMW. To date we have bought/leased over 20 cars thru the company from South Motors BMW and we currently have 6 cars with them right now, my E92 M3 being the least expensive of the 6. Their loss.
99 Lexus GS400 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:50 PM   #8
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzM3 View Post
I'd say about 8 years ago I went to Irvine BMW with my mom to buy a car. Since she didn't know anything about cars I said she should try a BMW. She's never owned a BMW only Cadillac/Mercedes and Range Rovers. We pulled up in a Nissan Pathfinder and walked into the show floor. Didn't get any attention or salesman whatsoever. We walked around the whole show floor for atleast 20min and started walking out. On the way to the car a saleman outside standing finally asked if we needed help. I told him we were interested in maybe a 5series. Anyways he automatically told me where the used section was.... WTF! Anyways we went to Lexus right after and was approached by a salesman soon as we parked. We bought a Lexus 1hr later.

Present day. A few months ago bought a used 08 E92 M3 6MT with 12.5K miles. A few weeks ago the oil warning light came on and said 1qt on the screen. We didn't know that you can go to a dealer and tell them to top it off and ended up buying a qt for $11-13 and added it ourselves. I told my friend that these eat oil and how expensive the oil was and he told me dealers are suppose to top it off for free since I still have the free maintenance thing. Today we did our first scheduled maintenance at 16K (keep in mind the previous owner did the other services) and he mentioned to them that he had to buy a qt of oil and it was expensive. Service guy does NOT mention anything about he should have just got it topped off or that it is covered by the free maintenance program or whatever. He just said "yeah they do burn oil and the oil is expensive"...

Happens everywhere man. I went to a BMW dealership in a damn Cayenne Turbo S and not one salesperson talked to me..it's bs, but it's life.
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

not sure what's going on, but i've gone there twice already to get my oil topped off. i just went to the service dept and asked them. no questions asked.
      04-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #10
gongju
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3

I thought Crevier and Irvine were under the same affiliation. I had a horrible (negotiating) experience with Crevier... they suck in my book afaik
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

BMW Irvine sucks for everything but service. They have a good shop with educated people.

The receptionists are complete tools. This ***** probably doesn't even know her ABC's.

The sales people suck too. I walked in last year to pick up an M3. Walked in and asked for a test drive. I waited 40 minutes with not a salesman to be seen. I asked the receptionist twice to page someone. Finally the salesman came up. I asked if I could test drive an M3 and perhaps make a purchase. He asked "Would you be buying it today?" I said "no" he then responded "with sorry I can't", "well can I come in later and get a feel for it?" "nope" .. Listen man you're not going to make any sales with that attitude!

When I moved to Toronto three weeks later I bought my M3. Almost 90K Canadian out of pocket and over sticker. When I shipped it to the US the first thing I did was drive it to the dealer and made sure that stupid salesman saw it, and he did!
Me and my brother croozed in the parking lot, parked up front right but the showroom door.. I was in my M3 and my brother in his M6, BOOM!
He walked up right away and said "so you got your M" I just walked passed him.. foolish old man.

-I'm paying for the service, respect, and customer service more than I am the product.

I'm thinking about selling my 6MT M3 for a DCT coupe but because most BMW dealerships are like this I'll probably go with a Mercedes. The products not as good but at least I will have happier days.

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey

Last edited by saeedg48; 04-21-2010 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #12
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave View Post
BMW free maintenance program don't cover burn oil.
After 13K you wont get top offs.
Buy wholesale on the internet.

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
chumpion
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe; DCT

This is what happens when dealers go from commissions to quotas. If you had met your monthly quota and then some, and there is zero incentive for another sale, would you offer to help someone out?

I think I would, but I tend to be a company man.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
tunawi7cheese
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Power by dead dinosaurs

if you guys really want to make your voice count. stop buying from these dealers that treat their customers poorly. vote with your $. they might not listen you to, but when you stop giving them your hard earned $, you'll start seeing changes.

if you want to really hurt a man, don't hit him, hit his bank accounts, his retirement funds, his kids college funds, ect...

Thanks for the warning to stay away from BMW of Irvine. I had an unpleasant experience with Crevier too, but hope you guys have a better one.

Melborne Red 08' E90 M3 6spd
Hockenheim Silver 20' F87 M2 CS MDCT
White 21' Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 05:56 PM   #15
EJ_92606
Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F10 550i; '11 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzM3 View Post

If you want a salesman, go up to the reception desk and ask to talk to one. Frankly I hate salesman that are all over you when all you want to do is look around. I say its a plus that they lay off you. Get the chip off your shoulder...it doesn't matter what car you drive up in.

In regards to the oil...did you go to the dealer and ask them to top it off? Stop your whining...you expect them to read your mind? It's not part of the maintenance plan and I think the dealer eats the cost if they do provide it. You have a $50k car and you're posting about a few dollars of oil and getting all uptight about when you never even asked for it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2010, 07:49 PM   #16
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
If you want a salesman, go up to the reception desk and ask to talk to one. Frankly I hate salesman that are all over you when all you want to do is look around. I say its a plus that they lay off you. Get the chip off your shoulder...it doesn't matter what car you drive up in.

In regards to the oil...did you go to the dealer and ask them to top it off? Stop your whining...you expect them to read your mind? It's not part of the maintenance plan and I think the dealer eats the cost if they do provide it. You have a $50k car and you're posting about a few dollars of oil and getting all uptight about when you never even asked for it.
sure he bought the car for a bit more than 50k lol
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #17
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongju View Post
I thought Crevier and Irvine were under the same affiliation. I had a horrible (negotiating) experience with Crevier... they suck in my book afaik
irvine and shelly are the same affiliate. crevier is not.
      04-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #18
gongju
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 JBMetallic e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
irvine and shelly are the same affiliate. crevier is not.

Oops, yes, that''s right... brain fart...
Appreciate 0