BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

Matte or Painted kidney grills on SG?

What do you guys think will look best? Pics would be appreciated? Also, should i get side grills to match?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
DadzM4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I had the matte with the trim painted SG to match then switched to the "Edition" grills. Like them both but think I prefer the matte with the painted trim to match. Sorry I dont have any photos with the painted/matte grills but here are the edition.
      09-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

I prefer matte but if you have the gloss black theme on the car or want to match the mirror trim, then go with gloss. Just make sure you match the theme throughout the car with side gills and rear emblems.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #4
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I prefer matte but if you have the gloss black theme on the car or want to match the mirror trim, then go with gloss. Just make sure you match the theme throughout the car with side gills and rear emblems.
Thanks! dont even have the car yet...just planning my initial mods. So, if i went matte, what else would i need besides matte grills and gills to complete the theme on a 100% oem car? Is it going to look weird w/ the mirror trim being gloss?

got any pics of matte on an SG car?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #5
Space Ghost
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If you are going to Bimmerstock tomorrow I'll throw my set in the trunk. I have the space grey painted kidney surround with matt black fins. I switched to the edition grills and gills.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #6
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
If you are going to Bimmerstock tomorrow I'll throw my set in the trunk. I have the space grey painted kidney surround with matt black fins. I switched to the edition grills and gills.
No thanks. I'm between full matte or edition now. Do you have pics of yours with edition grills and gills? Change anything else to complete the theme?
Appreciate 0