BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

12-29-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Help with detailing products!

I need a little advice.... as I want to use the BEST products available.

Recently purchased a Jerez Black M3 sedan, and I have a few questions on detailing.

Is the Chemical Guys citrus wash too harsh for a once or twice a week wash? Will it strip off Zymol Concourse wax?

What is the best clay bar? Since it is a new car (854 miles) I want a very mild or non aggressive clay.

I plan on using the Adams detail spray as a clay lubricant. Is that stuff really as good as they say it is?

I have already purchased Zymol HD cleans as a cleaner/polish... have used it many times before and like the result.

I have used Zymol Carbon in the past, but upgraded that to the Zymol Concourse as mentioned before. I hope that it does not disappoint. My local auto supply store sold me the jar for $145, less than I had seen it anywhere else. I understand the concourse wax needs to be applied with your bare hands.... will need to do that when no one is watching! as the family will think I had really lost my mind.

Last, if anyone could recommend a good tire black that will not spin off the tires all over the care. Any other suggestions would bel welcome.

THANKS!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
dillon733
Major
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e92 M3

although i have never used it i have heard that blackfire long lasting tire gel i heard it is excellent. However I am currently using meguires gold class (purple liquid) and it provides a very good shine but does give an ok amount or sling but it really doesnt show unless you look closely because my car is jet black.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Thanks Dillon. I will give that stuff a try. Anyone have thoughts one way or the other on a good clay product?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
ddbiii
Rep
Drives: 2018 m4

i have the jez black also ...... really like DP extreme foam auto shampoo and just got the DP gloss tire gel and its best i have used i don't think you will be dissapointed especially with that soap tons of foam look on autogeek.net ordered stuff come qutheick too
Appreciate 0