BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

EXXEL Distributions

02-04-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
Ur84wr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

upholstery trimmer in Brisbane

Hi all,

I have some bad scratches on the base of my drivers seat from keys that have been ground into the leather.

I would like to get the seat base and backs trimmed in alcantara like the attached car and need someone decent in Brisbane to do the job.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with any good auto trimmers out there?

Thanks,

Max

Name:  9519244990_958631afff_b.jpg
Views: 798
Size:  276.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

You have two options IMHO:
One, go to BMW - they will have reccomended BMW people to do it for you, where they will rip out your seats and bring in new ones with the alcantara in it, this will cost huge $$ but the fitment will be near perfect as they are made for your car
Your second option is to 'google' a trim place and get a quote from them, they will be used to also doing high end cars, restore jobs etc (we are restoring a FJ Holden & this is what we did) but you run the risk of it not looking as amazing as the OEM one.

The REAL questions is, what are the scratches really worth to you? how much $ is too much

Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #3
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur84wr View Post
Hi all,

I have some bad scratches on the base of my drivers seat from keys that have been ground into the leather.

I would like to get the seat base and backs trimmed in alcantara like the attached car and need someone decent in Brisbane to do the job.

Does anyone have any firsthand experience with any good auto trimmers out there?

Thanks,

Max
Hi Max

You can touch it up with some leather colour. Leatherique have them. I think it will be close and will not show unless you look close. I don't think it's worth the big $$$ you'll end up spending. Good luck with whatever you do.

Have a look at the bottom of the page.

http://www.ppc.au.com/leathers.htm#dye
      02-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #4
Ur84wr
Private First Class
Rep

I've actually got the leather dye from PPC for some other leather wear.

Has anyone heard of heritage auto trimmers in geebung? Apparently the guy in charge is jaguar trained from England.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur84wr View Post
Hi all,

Thanks,

Max

Attachment 973618
Give Jayde a call Max, he would know the best in the business who don't charge rip off prices
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #6
rsv4dan
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT Sparkling Graphite

Let me know who you go with and your results, if you will please! I've got a patch on the drivers side right hand bolstering that has been scuffed by the previous owner. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and will look at getting it re-trimmed at some point.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
jmo
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsv4dan View Post
Let me know who you go with and your results, if you will please! I've got a patch on the drivers side right hand bolstering that has been scuffed by the previous owner. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and will look at getting it re-trimmed at some point.
Exactly the same here... interested for recommendations for right hand bolster repair
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 12:33 AM   #8
Ur84wr
Private First Class
Rep

i have been recommended a place called Trim FX in labrador. I'll get my seats down to him to have the alcantara centres done. My bolsters are a little worn too (the dye has been stripped out of it from squeezing out of the seat in tight parking spots) and i mentioned this to him and he said he'll need to have a closer look to see if that can be fixed also so i shall report back.
Appreciate 0