BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #45
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
When I smoke in the morning
Dude, you're high during the day? Do you have a job? If so, seek help.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #46
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Classic definition of an addict, needs to start his day with the drug

Imagine if he operates machinery or is responsible for other people
Lol. Marijuana is not addictive. In fact I haven't smoked for nearly a week, because I'm visiting family and I'd rather not smoke around them. Marijuana does not impair you to the level that alcohol does, there are studies to back that up.

Medical patients use the "drug" just as often and function fine. As far as I am concerned I am using it medically. As a prevention, rather than a cure.

"An ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure."

Everyone have a wonderful Easter Sunday.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #47
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Except that people that use it medicinally usually don't smoke it...
      03-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #48
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
That is incorrect and even if it was true, it is irrelevant. Eating cannabis actually makes the effects last much longer. Vaporizing is just a cleaner way to smoke. Medical patients usually just choose whatever method works best for them.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #49
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i
Quote:
That is incorrect and even if it was true, it is irrelevant. Eating cannabis actually makes the effects last much longer. Vaporizing is just a cleaner way to smoke. Medical patients usually just choose whatever method works best for them.
No, it's not incorrect, but I'm not going to argue with you, because as shown from other posts you're never wrong.

Last edited by Templar; 03-31-2013 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #50
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
No, it's not incorrect, but I'm not going to argue with you, because as shown from other posts you're never wrong.
I've been wrong before, I will admit that. It happens to the best of us, and life goes on.

You would be right in saying some medical marijuana patients don't smoke. But for some people smoking or vaporizing is the best way to treat their conditions. For example, someone suffering from chronic pain would most likely choose to light up, because it takes away the pain instantly rather than in half an hour.

On the other hand for a cancer patient, edibles and concentrates are the way to go.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #51
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

It may be a valid point that we "waste' a lot of money on the war against pot, and I do agree that some of the penalties are too strict.

But the taxation argument is completely stupid. If it's legalized you'd be an idiot to actually buy it. Everyone will just grow it.

The reason it works for alcohol is because you can't home-distill Woodford Reserve or XO cognac, making taxation a valid revenue stream.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #52
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
It may be a valid point that we "waste' a lot of money on the war against pot, and I do agree that some of the penalties are too strict.

But the taxation argument is completely stupid. If it's legalized you'd be an idiot to actually buy it. Everyone will just grow it.

The reason it works for alcohol is because you can't home-distill Woodford Reserve or XO cognac, making taxation a valid revenue stream.
Now thats a good argument right there. I never really thought of that.

I do think there would still be a market for it though. Marijuana users typically like to try a variety of marijuana, and a dispensary is the best place to go for that. Also I don't think the entire U.S. population is capable of producing high grade marijuana.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #53
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Now thats a good argument right there. I never really thought of that.

I do think there would still be a market for it though. Marijuana users typically like to try a variety of marijuana, and a dispensary is the best place to go for that. Also I don't think the entire U.S. population is capable of producing high grade marijuana.
It will be an extremely small market, insignificant in terms of tax revenue.

The entire U.S. population doesn't want high grade marijuana. They want any grade marijuana. It's no different than how Keystone beer is more popular than Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA.

99% of people will grow whatever grade they can since it's good enough to get high off of. A SELECT FEW people will pay for higher grade than they can grow themselves. Again, insignificant for tax revenue - especially since with a modest investment you'll be able to grow pretty high grade stuff and resell it yourself, further undercutting taxable agencies.

Legalization would be a clusterfuck from a taxation standpoint.

I don't smoke personally and never have (not necessarily philosophically against, I just didn't see how smoking pot was a behavior that would help me get to where I want to be) but the entire situation is ridiculous on both sides. You have the pot smokers holding on to this terrible legalization arguments for deal life, while those far to the right think having a single puff will be the downfall of humanity.

In reality, the truth is somewhere in between - but for either side to acknowledge that is a "betrayal" of their cause.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #54
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

god bless the dutch
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #55
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It will be an extremely small market, insignificant in terms of tax revenue.

The entire U.S. population doesn't want high grade marijuana. They want any grade marijuana. It's no different than how Keystone beer is more popular than Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA.

99% of people will grow whatever grade they can since it's good enough to get high off of. A SELECT FEW people will pay for higher grade than they can grow themselves. Again, insignificant for tax revenue - especially since with a modest investment you'll be able to grow pretty high grade stuff and resell it yourself, further undercutting taxable agencies.

Legalization would be a clusterfuck from a taxation standpoint.

I don't smoke personally and never have (not necessarily philosophically against, I just didn't see how smoking pot was a behavior that would help me get to where I want to be) but the entire situation is ridiculous on both sides. You have the pot smokers holding on to this terrible legalization arguments for deal life, while those far to the right think having a single puff will be the downfall of humanity.

In reality, the truth is somewhere in between - but for either side to acknowledge that is a "betrayal" of their cause.

I personally think there would still be a decent market for high end marijuana. Personally, I like only the best organic marijuana. Prices will be better since there will be more supply than demand, also it will be ready to smoke instantly rather than in 4-5 months. We could all grow our own food, but instead we choose to buy it at a grocery store.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #56
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:

The reason it works for alcohol is because you can't home-distill Woodford Reserve or XO cognac.
yum
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #57
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i work car...

This idiotic argument is still going on? What is the actual % of the population that actually wants to legalize pot? Obviously it is so small and insignificant that this will never happen. Well I guess you can't say never but not in the immediate future. I would imagine 90% of the population could care less 5% are for it and 5% are against it. So in reality who the hell cares?
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Breakout - Wifey
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #58
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrus14 View Post
This idiotic argument is still going on? What is the actual % of the population that actually wants to legalize pot? Obviously it is so small and insignificant that this will never happen. Well I guess you can't say never but not in the immediate future. I would imagine 90% of the population could care less 5% are for it and 5% are against it. So in reality who the hell cares?
Your numbers are way off.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #59
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your numbers are way off.
Well what are the numbers since i am way off... I prefaced it all with questions... Or did you forget where you left the statistics... Hint Hint... check the Cheetos bag!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #60
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well what are the numbers since i am way off... I prefaced it all with questions... Or did you forget where you left the statistics... Hint Hint... check the Cheetos bag!
Well since you asked, here are the actual results from random surveys.

"A solid majority of the American public now agree with NORML that responsible marijuana smokers should not be treated like criminals. Eight out of ten Americans support the medical use of marijuana, and nearly 3 out of 4 Americans support a fine-only (no jail) for recreational smokers. 52% of Americans now favor legalizing and taxing marijuana, which is the first time we have enjoyed the support of a majority of the American public. Our challenge now is to convert this public support into public policy."

http://norml.org/component/zoo/category/surveys-polls

There are plenty of other polls you can look up, and most will tell you we are the majority. More people in Colorado voted for marijuana than Barrack Obama in November.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #61
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

Well Colorado is a Tree hugging Hippy state... Believe me you...I have been many times and seen what goes on there. I am not sure Colorado would be a good place to take a survey like this nor Seattle. Or Hermosa beach. Go into corporate america and take this survey and I would be willing to bet you will find way less than 50% agree to legalize it. You will get more to agree if we tax it... cause hell if we can make money off of people making them selves dumber and slower then why not.
Go into a church where you have people from all walks of life together, and I bet you will not have 50% acceptance.
The thing is, I can pick and choose my so called "random" survey people from a certain demographic and get it to turn out exactly how I want to.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #62
chibich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Would highly recommend watching "The Union", a documentary on prohibition of marijuana in the U.S. and canada. Won a ton of awards and brings up a lot of good points
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:33 PM   #63
bmw325i
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Well Colorado is a Tree hugging Hippy state... Believe me you...I have been many times and seen what goes on there. I am not sure Colorado would be a good place to take a survey like this nor Seattle. Or Hermosa beach. Go into corporate america and take this survey and I would be willing to bet you will find way less than 50% agree to legalize it. You will get more to agree if we tax it... cause hell if we can make money off of people making them selves dumber and slower then why not.
Go into a church where you have people from all walks of life together, and I bet you will not have 50% acceptance.
The thing is, I can pick and choose my so called "random" survey people from a certain demographic and get it to turn out exactly how I want to.
Support for marijuana mainly depends on age groups. Older generations tend to have less support.

Isn't it kind of funny that a state that is in favor of marijuana, actually cares about the environment.

If you actually think marijuana makes you dumber, you obviously have never tried it. I am actually more logical when I am high. I can smoke a bowl, just sit there, and think. It makes you more open minded, and it just changes your way of thinking.

Quote:
http://www.thedailychronic.net/2013/...ana-legalized/
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #64
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

I have smoked it... and it made me an idiot. There is not one person that I have ever been around that smoked it that thought more rationally or was "Smarter". Yes it opens your mind up to hoaky things like... "wow, that painting on the wall looks like a clown riding a bicycle on top of a snake all while the snake is juggling" if that is making your mind more open then WOW!!!! what an amazing herb pot is... You should be so smart now. why aren't you teaching at MIT? You can just sit in a room and think shit up. How much of it makes sense and is actually reality based?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #65
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

It is so funny... all these idiots that drive prius' think they are saving the environment etc... there are straight facts and tests that show a prius to be worse for the environment over a 10 year period than a H2 Hummer. All these idiot for the earth people are so short sided. I can get 50 MPG but to dispose of my car and keep it running after 7 years and to make the actual battery is way more harmful to the environment over the long haul... there is no replacement for the combustion engine...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #66
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep

Psychological Effects of Marijuana

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the main effects of marijuana on mood vary and may include euphoria, calmness, anxiety, or paranoia. Getting high or "stoned" is the reason most pot smokers use marijuana.

Other short-term psychological effects of pot include:

Distorted sense of time
Paranoia
Magical or "random" thinking BMW325i
Short-term memory loss
Anxiety and depression
These psychological signs of using pot also generally ease after a few hours. But residual effects can last for days.

Risks of Marijuana Use

The risks of smoking marijuana go up with heavy use. Although the link has never been proven, many experts believe heavy pot smokers are at increased risk for lung cancer.

Heavy marijuana use lowers men's testosterone levels and sperm count and quality. Pot could decrease libido and fertility in some heavy-smoking men.

Contrary to what many pot smokers may tell you, marijuana is addictive, at least psychologically. Even among occasional users, one in 12 can feel withdrawal symptoms if they can't get high when they want to. Among heavy pot smokers, the rates of dependence are higher.

Many experts also believe that marijuana is physically addictive. Symptoms of withdrawal from pot might include:

Aggression
Anxiety
Depressed mood
Decreased appetite
Appreciate 0