BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

02-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #45
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Yeah, how about something REAL.

With 8 Million vehicles on the road, people are going to get killed in them over a 10 year period, and the cause is always going to be open for debate. There are certainly a couple of confirmed cases, but 19 isn't an official number by any real source with access to the evidence. Just because there was an investigation opened to determine the cause doesn't mean that there was actually a malfunction at the root of it.
are you for REAL toyota lover?

clearly states: NHTSA alleges " sudden acceleration" by Toyota vehicles led to 19 fatalities. just read!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #46
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I hope everything works out well and work out soon. I don't wanna see people getting hurt and I don't want to see Toyota lose too much in this predicament.

Last edited by BMW F22; 02-05-2010 at 02:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #47
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

It was a sad story. I hope all car manufacturers can learn something from it. I suggested all car manufactures should include an emergency protocal to show how people can stop their cars in a panic situation like this, like protocal 1: brake hard, put car in neutral and steer to a safe place and hold the stop button for x seconds to stop the motor; protocal 2: If protocal 1 doesn't work, taped the stop button 3 times quickly to stop the motor, brake hard and steer to a safe place for a complet stop; something like these.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #48
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335fourdoor View Post
are you for REAL toyota lover?

clearly states: NHTSA alleges " sudden acceleration" by Toyota vehicles led to 19 fatalities. just read!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key word is alleges.

As I already mentioned....Toyota was cleared of any wrongdoing in the case of the OP.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:31 PM   #49
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Key word is alleges.

As I already mentioned....Toyota was cleared of any wrongdoing in the case of the OP.
that just a precursor of things to come for Toyota. you watch and see how brave Toyota fights off these alleged accusations. the way it sounds that every member of your family drives a toyota. as you're talking the talk,you're bravely walking the walk. salute.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #50
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My thoughts go out to the family that died...but why on earth would you CALL 911 IF YOUR CAR IS ACCELERATING OUT OF CONTROL?????

Put the car in neutral. Even if the brakes fail most auto transmission have a third, second and first gear, so you can slow the car down. I just don't get it. Throw it into first, even if the engine or transmission blows, who cares.

The really should teach people this kind of stuff in drivers ed. Their lives could have been saved, very sad.
      02-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #51
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca$hOnly View Post
My thoughts go out to the family that died...but why on earth would you CALL 911 IF YOUR CAR IS ACCELERATING OUT OF CONTROL?????

Put the car in neutral. Even if the brakes fail most auto transmission have a third, second and first gear, so you can slow the car down. I just don't get it. Throw it into first, even if the engine or transmission blows, who cares.

The really should teach people this kind of stuff in drivers ed. Their lives could have been saved, very sad.
don't forget that the driver of this car that crashed was an off-duty california highway patrol officer.who would be better qualified to retake control of the car than him.
the car was a runaway monster.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #52
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:

If your accelerator is stuck last thing you wanna do is downshift lol

Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #53
my92
Rep
n/a
Drives:

They did teach this sort of defensive driving/ emergency maneuvers in driver's ed and I don't see why people can't think of putting it into neutral. I don't understand how a police officer who's probably had the most experience driving cars not to throw it into neutral.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #54
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

yeah it is all in the news here for Toyota. they said it was rare that the CEO made a press speach so you know it is serious.

i know there stock has gotten hammered since it was announced.

http://finance.yahoo.com/echarts?s=T...urce=undefined

man i hope whoever had that stock either got out or was sellin it short
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2010, 10:28 PM   #55
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
that just a precursor of things to come for Toyota. you watch and see how brave Toyota fights off these alleged accusations. the way it sounds that every member of your family drives a toyota. as you're talking the talk,you're bravely walking the walk. salute.
More typical BMW idiocy.

Ironically, I've never owned a Toyota, nor has anyone in my family. My father is a die hard BMW guy and I've just moved on to my second one. Every brand has it's flaws. This is more a case of the NA media blowing something out of proportion to create headlines.

Do some actual homework instead of just posting sensational headlines. The case involving the original post was cleared, as were several others. This is very old news and was discussed at length on the Lexus forum that I frequent.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #56
335fourdoor
Captain
Rep

Quote:
More typical BMW idiocy.

Ironically, I've never owned a Toyota, nor has anyone in my family. My father is a die hard BMW guy and I've just moved on to my second one. Every brand has it's flaws. This is more a case of the NA media blowing something out of proportion to create headlines.

Do some actual homework instead of just posting sensational headlines. The case involving the original post was cleared, as were several others. This is very old news and was discussed at length on the Lexus forum that I frequent.
home slice,you don't know squat!!
climb out of your fantasy hole and look around.
you need to spend all your time on lexus forum.no surprise there.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 12:40 AM   #57
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:

I have driven the ES before and I believe you can't just throw it into 1st. It doesn't have the old school shift gate with gear L 2 3 4 ... But just D and sport shift. The transmission is built to limit your downshift from damaging the engine.

The smartest way is to put on neutral but not many people who drives automatic would know that could also "slow" the car. Everyone is taught to stop with the brakes not with neutral.

Quote:
home slice,you don't know squat!!
climb out of your fantasy hole and look around.
you need to spend all your time on lexus forum.no surprise there.
home slice?????

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #58
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

It was the drivers fault. What was the problem with switching the car off or going into neutral? He was being a bloody idiot and it cost him his life and unfortunately, that of his immediate family.

This is a good advertisement of Americans possessing lower Intelligent quotient than the quality of Toyota cars. They sold those cars with the systems all over the world and who are the only fatalities? Americans. Some might also have wanted to get into a light accident so that they could sue Toyota for millions of dollars in "Trauma" they incurred. You can never put anything past those litigious clowns.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 01:26 AM   #59
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Ironically, I've never owned a Toyota, nor has anyone in my family.
Um... That IS-F in your signature is built by Toyota.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #60
oct1285
Captain
Rep
Drives: Out of warranty

some of you people need to get off this mass hysteria bandwagon.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:01 AM   #61
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR171 View Post
Um... That IS-F in your signature is built by Toyota.
The IS F is a Lexus. There is nothing from Toyota that even shares parts. Just because the parent company is Toyota, doesn't make it one. That's like saying a Mini Cooper is a BMW or a BMW is a Rolls Royce....or in your case a Smart car is a Mercedes.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:02 AM   #62
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oct1285 View Post
some of you people need to get off this mass hysteria bandwagon.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #63
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The IS F is a Lexus. There is nothing from Toyota that even shares parts. Just because the parent company is Toyota, doesn't make it one. That's like saying a Mini Cooper is a BMW or a BMW is a Rolls Royce....or in your case a Smart car is a Mercedes.
There are several JDM Toyota's that share its chassis and most of its parts (major ones like Transmissions) are put into service in other models one way or another.

Although there is no question from my previous post that i do not judge wildly like most 18 year olds in this site. I do laugh when Lexus owners claim that their cars are all new and different, something impossible if they want to keep prices cheap on their cars compared to the Germans.

Last edited by Schumacher; 02-06-2010 at 10:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #64
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schumacher View Post
There are several JDM Toyota's that share its chassis and most of its parts (major ones like Transmissions) are put into service in other models one way or another.

Although there is no question from my previous post that i do not judge wildly like most 18 year olds in this site. I do laugh when Lexus owners claim that their cars are all new and different, something impossible if they want to keep prices cheap as chips on their cars compared to the Germans.
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I claimed that all Lexus don't share parts or even platforms?

I stated that my IS F doesn't share anything with Toyota....and it doesn't.

I am fully aware of the Lexus line up. The ES is a glorified Camry. The RX shares much with the Highlander. So I'm not really sure what your point is and what JDM has to do with the NA market?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #65
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:

You're completely wrong about that. There are tons of shared parts that aren't obvious. Things like ABS controllers, airbag sensors, throttle position sensors, ect. They don't just go out and design new stuff every time they come up with a new model. Lots of electronics and controls are shared between models, and even manufacturers. The stability control module that's used in a lot of Mercedes is built on exactly the same production equipment to exactly the same specs as the one used by GM and Chrysler. Same goes for VW and Honda when it comes to airbag sensors.

Lexus absolutely shares parts with Toyota, across the board. The IS-F is no exception.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2010, 12:58 PM   #66
Schumacher
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure where you got the idea that I claimed that all Lexus don't share parts or even platforms?

I am fully aware of the Lexus line up. The ES is a glorified Camry. The RX shares much with the Highlander. So I'm not really sure what your point is and what JDM has to do with the NA market?
Wrong.

1. A 4.6L version of your engine goes into the US Tundra, Sequoia and Land Cruiser. (So, you've actually got a Pickup engine that's been breathed on by Yamaha )

2. Your Transmission is used on the Toyota Crown.

3. The chassis is shared with the Mark X and the Crown.

I thought i heard you say Toyota. Nothing about the US or Japanese markets. Surely, everything is a Toyota.
Appreciate 0