BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #45
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
Oh that's quite good. I look up to me too! Just kidding! Let's deflate my ego for now.
LOL
I went from software engineering, to biology, and then ended up in business Finance/Marketing haha
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsrunem8 View Post
LOL
I went from software engineering, to biology, and then ended up in business Finance/Marketing haha
Ah, another man of every faculty. Just like Da Vinci's, you and I are.
      01-17-2012, 11:12 PM   #47
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ah, another man of every faculty. Just like Da Vinci's, you and I are.
I had to get the best of all worlds, ha
So how exactly did you start trading, and where did you gain the knowledge..I need some starters
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #48
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I had to get the best of all worlds, ha
So how exactly did you start trading, and where did you gain the knowledge..I need some starters
Well, someone else actually just PM'd me asking the same question, lol. I actually post frequently in the Stock Market thread we have on here, if you ever want to come in and read up about our opinions and everything, doomsday scenarios and why the world isn't as good as it once way, you know that kind of stuff,

Btw:

Think about the credentials of Candidates who have career's in this company. Now imagine what kind of credentials and accomplishments of those in Goldman Sachs, cause I guarantee you Goldman Sachs rules the world.
      01-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #49
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

Damn,
Yeah I lurk that post here n there, but don't understand half the stuff you guys say lol...Guess ill stick to my finance courses
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #50
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Damn,
Yeah I lurk that post here n there, but don't understand half the stuff you guys say lol...Guess ill stick to my finance courses
If you really want to work in the financial sector, you really ought to take the time and understand what we're talking about. It's how everyone in the industry speaks, especially in GS. You wont learn an environment of dialogue inside the covers of a textbook. You gotta go to the environment and fumble, and learn it. Most office monkeys just read their finance textbooks and probably have no clue what their managers are discussing.
      01-17-2012, 11:38 PM   #51
Letsrunem8
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you really want to work in the financial sector, you really ought to take the time and understand what we're talking about. It's how everyone in the industry speaks, especially in GS. You wont learn an environment of dialogue inside the covers of a textbook. You gotta go to the environment and fumble, and learn it. Most office monkeys just read their finance textbooks and probably have no clue what their managers are discussing.
I'll do that, and I will join you guys soon in discussion!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #52
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Well, someone else actually just PM'd me asking the same question, lol. I actually post frequently in the Stock Market thread we have on here, if you ever want to come in and read up about our opinions and everything, doomsday scenarios and why the world isn't as good as it once way, you know that kind of stuff,

Btw:

Think about the credentials of Candidates who have career's in this company. Now imagine what kind of credentials and accomplishments of those in Goldman Sachs, cause I guarantee you Goldman Sachs rules the world.
hope its not a repost:

BTW why else would GS get paid 100 cents on the dollar when AIG went bust, where banks like Lehman brothers went down the drain and didnt get a penny. Also, kind of funny how the past two CEOs of GS went straight to the white house after their careers at GS, funny how that works our right? i think not.

Quote:
Damn,
All those courses will not get you anywhere, but they will however build you a solid foundation for everything else youll learn. Honestly if you want to learn turn on the news, start reading the news paper, do some research on your own etc.. thats how I learned what I know. See what interests you in the market at pursue that

Quote:
I'll do that, and I will join you guys soon in discussion!
after you do what i stated above, i look forward to your future insight to the stock market thread, the more people the better
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisam135i View Post
hope its not a repost:

BTW why else would GS get paid 100 cents on the dollar when AIG went bust, where banks like Lehman brothers went down the drain and didnt get a penny. Also, kind of funny how the past two CEOs of GS went straight to the white house after their careers at GS, funny how that works our right? i think not.

All those courses will not get you anywhere, but they will however build you a solid foundation for everything else youll learn. Honestly if you want to learn turn on the news, start reading the news paper, do some research on your own etc.. thats how I learned what I know. See what interests you in the market at pursue that

after you do what i stated above, i look forward to your future insight to the stock market thread, the more people the better
Yeah, no kidding! We need more opinions in there
      01-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #54
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
GS is the dirtiest, slimiest group out there. Take a job there and you might run the world or go to jail forever.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #55
Grauss
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Flintmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
GS is the dirtiest, slimiest group out there. Take a job there and you might run the world or go to jail forever.
I'm the wrong person to ask on why it's so hard to get a job there, I got an offer
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #56
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Companies like the ones in the title expand and contract on a whim and they axe off large branches at a clip. You mean NOTHING in an organization like that. You're much better off getting into a boutique firm that you've likely never heard of. You'll have a better quality of life and much better job security, and likely make more money in the process. Just don't expect to toss off your graduation cap and expect to be VP in year one. I can't tell you how many of the recent crop I've seen who walk in expecting to have their own assistant and corner office.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #57
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000....html?mod=e2tw

Average GS compensation $367,057 down 15% from $430,700
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #58
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapesta206 View Post
VP Branch Manger at a dt Seattle location.
Title bloat in bank branches is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #59
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
Title bloat in bank branches is amazing.
Noticed that too
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #60
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
This is the only finance textbook that I think actually speaks in the right dialogue. It's a miserable read, but the content is really good. http://www.amazon.com/Financial-Acco...dp/0324651147/
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #61
Blayne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Escalade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
I'd be shocked if you had connection problems at that point... you either sold the company to someone at that point or you have venture capitalists lining up at your door when they see your success.

As far as the second paragraph, all true except IMHO; there are much better uses of your talents, time and resources at that point that working for a large financial services company.
To be honest, I could never see myself working undersomeone, cause there's always someone to talk to. I just want to make enough and leave it in the bank and go travelling for the rest of my life. I got one life, and I don't really care for seeing the innards of GS's concrete and glass castle for it's eternity. The world is a much better view

Maybe on a ship... on the Riveria.... daydreams
UofA or UofT, it has to be one lol and I'm almost 100% sure it's not the Frenchy one lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #62
drewh130
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i vert

Quote:
Btw OP, if you're looking for a good connection list, try asking your professors. I know the professor at my Business school in University had previously worked a career before assuming professorship. Some even worked at places like Morgan Stanley. Try asking them.
Wow! this guy made a million dollars with his family's money! whos to say how much you even started out with. so full of it its coming out your eyeballs. I work for a large money manager. It's all about who you know.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #63
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh130 View Post
Wow! this guy made a million dollars with his family's money! whos to say how much you even started out with. so full of it its coming out your eyeballs. I work for a large money manager. It's all about who you know.
Yep, that's what I said early. But thanks for a personal attack on me, that was called for. Classy
      01-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #64
drewh130
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i vert

Quote:
Yep, that's what I said early. But thanks for a personal attack on me, that was called for. Classy
almost as classy as telling students that if they dont make 1 million dollars investing by the time theyre out of college then investment banks wont be interesting in them

not everyone has a large chunk of money to play with when theyre in college. reality check man
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #65
Vanity
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
almost as classy as telling students that if they dont make 1 million dollars investing by the time theyre out of college then investment banks wont be interesting in them

not everyone has a large chunk of money to play with when theyre in college. reality check man
If you did manage to actually read my posts, I said if they wanted a career reaching high-up in the corporate, real-world experience is much more valid than high GPA (as they were frustrating about earlier on in the thread). I've also said in those posts that these were just my opinions. And yes, I believe your point was already taken up by another poster, so tell me why is that you're reviving this issue again?

To attack me? Do you not like me? I don't really care, tbh. How about you keep doing what you're doing, and I'll keep doing what you're not doing. Seems to be working just fine for me. Stay Classy. Back-off with the personal attacks that were uncalled for, okay? Because, truth is, you have no idea how I started up.
      01-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #66
Grauss
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: The Flintmobile

Quote:
If you want to make a million, start with a hundred million. I'm pretty sure an unemployed guy in a bathrobe living in a doublewide with a free trial to bloomberg can make 1%.
Appreciate 0