BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-26-2007, 12:13 PM   #111
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriFix View Post
Fully agree. The animosity towards success in Australia is oddly both typically Australian and un-Australian. I find it churlish and embarassing, except when directed towards corporate crooks (who will presumably surface again now we have a Labour Government). The American attitude is far more healthy, but it doesn't matter where you are, arrogant pricks and social climbing braggers deserve little respect.

We get some of this crap in Kanada too. A legacy from the old English class system that we share with other colonies. Total bullshit.

You can do whatever you want in North America regardless of your background or lineage. Try to ascend quickly in some older societies....God help you if you have the wrong accent / dialect....Have a butcher's eh?
      12-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #112
Filthy Monkey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I'm almost a little bit ashamed to admit that after watching Top Gear I like my M3 just a little bit more. It feels good to finally have a review that puts the M3 on the platform it deserves. There have been many articles singing its praises, but they have always been a little bit tainted, so it's nice to see some genuine car nuts running it head to head against its main competition and loving it as much as those of us lucky enough to already own it do...!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 06:50 PM   #113
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
I'm almost a little bit ashamed to admit that after watching Top Gear I like my M3 just a little bit more. It feels good to finally have a review that puts the M3 on the platform it deserves. There have been many articles singing its praises, but they have always been a little bit tainted, so it's nice to see some genuine car nuts running it head to head against its main competition and loving it as much as those of us lucky enough to already own it do...!

and IMO it was the most enjoyable review I've seen since your own review, Filthy!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:33 PM   #114
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
+1. Although I do understand why folks want to buy an M and never track it. Heck many even buy the M and never take it for Sunday afternoon romps through their local woods, canyons, twisities, etc. I don't agree with the waste nor is it my way of doing things. The car is really designed and finely engineered, pretty much from the ground up, for performance in these situations and it NEVER gets used. It really is a shame. The same is absolutely true for a great variety of cars with fantastic handling as well.
Hell, I bought my 05 M3 just for the looks. Just how often will I ever be able to exploit the M3's capabilities in Los Angeles without getting a ticket? Basically never, unless it's through the Malibu canyons.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #115
kishg
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2003 540i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Hell, I bought my 05 M3 just for the looks. Just how often will I ever be able to exploit the M3's capabilities in Los Angeles without getting a ticket? Basically never, unless it's through the Malibu canyons.
which is why you take it to the track.. also, speed isn't the only aspect of it's performance, there's the precise steering and balance that should make freeway on-off ramps a delight..
BMWCCA #360858 SCCA# 374179 NASA # 128290
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #116
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Man you guys are obviously confused what M stands for. It stands for More Money.
Appreciate 0