BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #683
exmowner
Major
Rep
Drives: 22 M3X / 14 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Got meth today.
Longboarder, send in your oil for analysis I'd like to know how the 8600 rpm limit is holding up!
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #684
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmowner View Post
Longboarder, send in your oil for analysis I'd like to know how the 8600 rpm limit is holding up!
what all do they tell you with the oil analsis. just ordered a kit from blackstone for my e46. worried about rod bearing primarily.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #685
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Good idea.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #686
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Leatherique applied to my interior, what a difference!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #687
exmowner
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
what all do they tell you with the oil analsis. just ordered a kit from blackstone for my e46. worried about rod bearing primarily.
Bearings show up as cooper and lead in oil!

Take a look at my last sample.
Attached Images

2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #688
Parrots
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Convertible

Delete

Last edited by Parrots; 06-20-2013 at 01:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #689
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Sheesh. Can you two please play nice so this fine thread doesn't devolve into a pissing match and get locked?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #690
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrots View Post
You seem to chuckle about everything don't you, even when i posted to ask about a genuine fault with my DCT and possibly engine, you even found that funny.

Then again, i can understand why you would have found my thread funny, as your own are always so much more important, such as asking if you should top up your oil or change it, a thread to let everyone know you got new reflector lol, what tyre pressure to have, not forgetting, a thread asking people what you should do about the dent in your car. And wait for it, a thread to ask how to use the windshield wipers lol You ever heard of a manual or even Google or maybe just some common sense.

I guess all those are less funny then my DCT/engine having a fault.

You're just a pr!ck mate.

This is my first car since i passed my test 2 weeks ago, so i'm trying new things to see what would look nice on the car, if i don't like something, it comes back off, like the plates as i already stated but you still decided to make fun of it, even after i had already said that i didn't like them.
Color matched reflectors > M3 logos everywhere
Still chuckling

Having a stalker go out of his way to read my threads from 1Addicts, F30post, and M3post to talk shit on me.
Not chuckling.

HAHAHA this is the funniest posts I've read on here.

PS - please don't let what I say offend you. You're right it is YOUR car and MY opinion. Who cares what others say!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:08 PM   #691
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Bearings show up as cooper and lead in oil!

Take a look at my last sample.
While this is a good oil analysis I do hope it gave you the feedback you where looking for. I am somewhat confused why you would use a American NDT (Non Destructive Test) company when you have the right organizations right there in Montreal unless they provide you with information you needed.

I've used many NDT organizations in my professional life and when it came to oil analysis I've always had one made of the clean oil (new oil prior to use as a BASELINE). Then comparing it with the analysis report made life easier to intrepid the result.

For your benefit and future use I am attaching a screen shot and a link to a NDT Company in Montreal (one of many you can check out in future).

Hope your engine is okay and in tip top shape

Here is the link to the Montreal NDT Co. ---> Click to open then explore

Here is a simple write up (screen shot)
Attached Images

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #692
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
Sheesh. Can you two please play nice so this fine thread doesn't devolve into a pissing match and get locked?
Thanks for typing exactly what I was thinking about when I read the two posts

I hope one of the two Gentlemen realizes where this might lead if they continue with this, for the Moderators will not tolerate this here in this fine forum.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #693
Parrots
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
Thanks for typing exactly what I was thinking about when I read the two posts

I hope one of the two Gentlemen realizes where this might lead if they continue with this, for the Moderators will not tolerate this here in this fine forum.
My apologies for derailing the thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #694
xSOULJAHx
and ZOEY!
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Pressed the "M" button and smiled.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #695
exmowner
Major
Rep

Quote:
While this is a good oil analysis I do hope it gave you the feedback you where looking for. I am somewhat confused why you would use a American NDT (Non Destructive Test) company when you have the right organizations right there in Montreal unless they provide you with information you needed.

I've used many NDT organizations in my professional life and when it came to oil analysis I've always had one made of the clean oil (new oil prior to use as a BASELINE). Then comparing it with the analysis report made life easier to intrepid the result.

For your benefit and future use I am attaching a screen shot and a link to a NDT Company in Montreal (one of many you can check out in future).

Hope your engine is okay and in tip top shape
Im not sure what other feedback I'd need? I used an American company because i've heard a lot about them and trust their analysis.

As for the comment about my engine, are you seeing something I missed? From the content of lead and cooper vs universal averages i'd say its running perfectly.

Lastly this local NDT company you linked too would not have the added benefit of comparison to universal averages of other m3's.

Thanks for the heads up!
ALex
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #696
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Parrot do you want matte black side gills with led (clear) side markers as a gift?

This is to show you that im just having fun on here and do not mean any disrespect. I have them and am not gonna put them on my car. My car is jet black and i dont like too much black on my car. Pm me if you want them.

Good things come out of everything!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #697
Parrots
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Parrot do you want matte black side gills with led (clear) side markers as a gift?

This is to show you that im just having fun on here and do not mean any disrespect. I have them and am not gonna put them on my car. My car is jet black and i dont like too much black on my car. Pm me if you want them.

Thank you for the offer, i actually already put carbon fibre ones on the car, i totally forgot about those, the current one is not the best of fit, so i have another set on order. Thanks anyhow.

I replaced the steering cover also, not looking for a carbon steering wheel. I also put on a carbon handbrake lever, but don't have a picture of that. These are from my phone, took them after i put them on.

Also got the carbon shift thingies, but going to have these put on professionally as i am not as confident taking the whole wheel apart. Going to have it done, when i get my carbon front spoiler and rear diffuser installed.

Last edited by Parrots; 06-20-2013 at 12:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #698
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Tint!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #699
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Im not sure what other feedback I'd need? I used an American company because i've heard a lot about them and trust their analysis.

As for the comment about my engine, are you seeing something I missed? From the content of lead and cooper vs universal averages i'd say its running perfectly.

Lastly this local NDT company you linked too would not have the added benefit of comparison to universal averages of other m3's.

Thanks for the heads up!
ALex
No worries, I was just thinking out loud here and passing on some info to you.

There is nothing wrong in the report you posted or your engine for that matter, I was just trying to make a point about the clean sample as a baseline and that there are plenty of NDE organizations in Quebec as well as Ontario then I'm sure you know this.

As you noted, I was trying to give you "heads up" and save you some dollars.

Have a great Summer!

PS. I'm a fellow from the old school ... I go by sight, touch and smell of the oil, it tells me a lot (on my 1969 and 2011 Benz anyway where I have a dip stick ~grin~) on the M3 I have 4 years warranty and get regular oil changes at Budd's BMW. I do miss the dip stick on the M3 then this is BMW's technology. There are pros and cons on that subject about the dip stick, I'm sure you read about it on this forum.

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #700
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post

I can just feel the .
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #701
exmowner
Major
Rep

Quote:
No worries, I was just thinking out loud here and passing on some info to you.

There is nothing wrong in the report you posted or your engine for that matter, I was just trying to make a point about the clean sample as a baseline and that there are plenty of NDE organizations in Quebec as well as Ontario then I'm sure you know this.

As you noted, I was trying to give you "heads up" and save you some dollars.

Have a great Summer!

PS. I'm a fellow from the old school ... I go by sight, touch and smell of the oil, it tells me a lot (on my 1969 and 2011 Benz anyway where I have a dip stick ~grin~) on the M3 I have 4 years warranty and get regular oil changes at Budd's BMW. I do miss the dip stick on the M3 then this is BMW's technology. There are pros and cons on that subject about the dip stick, I'm sure you read about it on this forum.
Thanks I appreciate it! They charge 25$ plus another 10$ for shipping, not hat bad

I'm in Toronto often we should get a meet together.

I'd love to have a dipstick on this engine but that unfortunately has become obsolete these days.....

I know 4000km oil changes are overkill, It's more for peace of mind than anything else. It's my way of apologizing to my car for supercharging it
2021-G82 BASE (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #702
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I can just feel the .
He passed. Now I feel rejected after feeling vulnerable and reaching out and offering them to him. Now BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL / THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS I WILL BRING THE RAGE.

--> --> --> --> -->

lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 11:02 PM   #703
Kasé Zomé
Captain
Rep
Drives: faster than my demons can fly

Turned off traction control at today's autox to practice my oversteer control - this car pretty much drives itself! It was too easy for a noob like me to get into full steering counterlock drifts and not kill cones. This car is so well balanced and easy to drive it's like cheating! I love it!!
      06-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #704
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Drove a 5 hour round trip from OC to revisit HWY33.

.DCT is amazing
.s65 is amazing
.car is still too heavy!
Appreciate 0