BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

Mporium BMW

04-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #23
Dontbethatguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Manual

Oh damn, you're on to me. My goal was to get people calling BMW dealerships all across the country. Man, you're really badass at this detective work. Is your mom Angela Lansbury?

You're right, I should post up the sales invoice so people like yourself can call BS on something on the invoice. You don't want to believe it, so you'll always find an excuse. I also think it's hilarious that you think I should attempt to gain the acceptance of outstanding forum members, such as yourself, to make myself feel better. I posted what I did to help someone else get a deal. The ones that have been truly interested have PMed me, and I did what I could to help them. I don't care if some pissed off guy halfway across the country believes me or not. The best part is we're both still stuck with the deals that we got. I'm trying to help, and you're on a witch hunt. I will sleep just as well tonight if you, or anyone on this board, doesn't believe me. You're just a screen name.

What will really piss you off is that my deal isn't the best one out there. I've heard from a few other forum members that got better deals, but they don't want to deal with the BS of underachieving agitators such as yourself.

Happy hunting.
      04-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #24
sirploppy
5 Star General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3

Again, they are just pissed off because they missed the deals... and taking their frustrations out on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
Oh damn, you're on to me. My goal was to get people calling BMW dealerships all across the country. Man, you're really badass at this detective work. Is your mom Angela Lansbury?

You're right, I should post up the sales invoice so people like yourself can call BS on something on the invoice. You don't want to believe it, so you'll always find an excuse. I also think it's hilarious that you think I should attempt to gain the acceptance of outstanding forum members, such as yourself, to make myself feel better. I posted what I did to help someone else get a deal. The ones that have been truly interested have PMed me, and I did what I could to help them. I don't care if some pissed off guy halfway across the country believes me or not. The best part is we're both still stuck with the deals that we got. I'm trying to help, and you're on a witch hunt. I will sleep just as well tonight if you, or anyone on this board, doesn't believe me. You're just a screen name.

What will really piss you off is that my deal isn't the best one out there. I've heard from a few other forum members that got better deals, but they don't want to deal with the BS of underachieving agitators such as yourself.

Happy hunting.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
$7500 rebate is real. I got it.
As did I. What's funny, is I paid exactly $1500 more for my 08' M3 than I did for my 07' 335I

Granted the market was different back then and the 335I was still pretty new and I ordered it. I think I paid $1K over invoice on the 335I
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #26
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
Man, you're really badass at this detective work. Is your mom Angela Lansbury?
Not really .. but didn't you know .. Sherlock Homes was my second cousin twice removed.

Quote:
You're right, I should post up the sales invoice so people like yourself can call BS on something on the invoice. You don't want to believe it, so you'll always find an excuse.
Post it .. I'm sure a lot of people are going to believe it. What did you expect .. you post the deal of the century on a pretty exclusive car and you are surprised when people doubt it and ask for a bit of proof? I don't doubt the rebate exists .. but when the dealership marks down 14K off invoice (6.5K on top of the rebate) .. just because you pointed them to an ebay add that wasn't honored ... phuleeez!

Quote:
I posted what I did to help someone else get a deal. The ones that have been truly interested have PMed me, and I did what I could to help them.
Of course you did .. surprisingly not one got anything remotely close to what you got! You forgot to teach them your hypnosis tricks .. . No seriously, you must be one hell of a negotiator .. we'd have world peace by now if you were a diplomat.

Quote:
I don't care if some pissed off guy halfway across the country believes me or not. The best part is we're both still stuck with the deals that we got. I'm trying to help, and you're on a witch hunt. I will sleep just as well tonight if you, or anyone on this board, doesn't believe me. You're just a screen name.

Hmm .. you don't care whether or not I or anyone else believes you do you? Except that you sit and scan the forums like a hawk for over a month and make sure you have extensive reply for everyone and their brother who so much as hints that your deal was a fake.
BTW .. I don't own an //M3 .. far from it .. I'm too poor (I drive an econobox Corolla .. two kids in private schools do that to you). I did decide to sell a part of my holdings mid last year to make a down payment towards a car ... then the market tanked and I said forget it. Put it back into the market last month because I couldn't find a deal even close to yours (and wasn't willing to buy something that lost its value so quickly). So thanks to you this underachieving agitator is sitting on 20%+ instead.

dude chill .. I'm not agitating .. I just find your deal ... odd. Well like you said (and I agree 100%) .. you got what you got .. who am I to question it but just another screen name.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #27
Bradburry
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 335 xDrive M Sport

Leave the poor guy alone. I live in Amarillo, just north of Lubbock where Alderson is located. I also spoke with Gary Hayes. The $7500 is real (at least it was last month). I was working a deal on the sedan until I realized it didn't have the Tech package. The starting price for negotiations was $50k...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #28
M3-DCT
Private
Rep
Drives: Toyota Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburry View Post
Leave the poor guy alone. I live in Amarillo, just north of Lubbock where Alderson is located. I also spoke with Gary Hayes. The $7500 is real (at least it was last month). I was working a deal on the sedan until I realized it didn't have the Tech package. The starting price for negotiations was $50k...
I am not harassing anyone nor do I wish to ... ! Neither do I doubt the existence of the rebate (in fact they had the same exact one a couple of years ago on the //M coupe/roadster). I do however find it difficult to believe that a dealer dropped the price another 6K on top a generous rebate virtually the first day it was released .. and I expressed my opinion as such.

No hard feelings I hope .. enjoy ...
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2009, 08:49 PM   #29
Dontbethatguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i Manual

no hard feelings Let me be the first to throw out the message board chest bump!