BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

TURANDOT Roll Call!

Anyone else on TURANDOT bound for Port Hueneme?

Just checked aprs.fi and the boat FINALLY hit open water

Voyage ED941-TUR
BREMERHAVEN GERMANY 05/10/2009 06/10/2009
ZEEBRUGGE BELGIUM 08/10/2009 08/10/2009
SOUTHAMPTON UNITED KINGDOM 09/10/2009 09/10/2009
MANZANILLO PANAMA 21/10/2009 21/10/2009
PORT HUENEME, CA U.S.A. 30/10/2009 30/10/2009
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Since I appear to be the only one on this boat and the only one loser-ish to post and check his own thread, I will update myself and anyone else who randomly stumbles in here wanting to know where bout the Turandot is.

Without further ado, Turandot docked in Zeebruge, Belgium today and is headed to South Hampton , England tomorrow. Brace yourself for another exciting update tomorrow, that undoubtedly nobody will care about nor need to know.

Thank you for humoring me. Good day.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
Since I appear to be the only one on this boat and the only one loser-ish to post and check his own thread, I will update myself and anyone else who randomly stumbles in here wanting to know where bout the Turandot is.

Without further ado, Turandot docked in Zeebruge, Belgium today and is headed to South Hampton , England tomorrow. Brace yourself for another exciting update tomorrow, that undoubtedly nobody will care about nor need to know.

Haha, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. My ship got in on Sunday and still no word if it has cleared customs yet or not (let alone what's going on with VPC). What color did you choose for your e90? Good luck, hope you get it quick!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #4
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Haha, I can totally relate to how you're feeling. My ship got in on Sunday and still no word if it has cleared customs yet or not (let alone what's going on with VPC). What color did you choose for your e90? Good luck, hope you get it quick!
Thanks man! I feel like a kid at a lemonade stand who just got his first customer, thanks for coming into my thread!

Anywho, I ordered Jerez Black. Was about to pull the trigger on Space Grey, but we have a Dark Grey (Stornoway Grey) Range Rover Sport so I wanted something a bit different and also a color that is not offered on all E90’s. Hopefully you can get your car by the weekend, would make for a fun weekend driving some of those NY back roads.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Anytime! The way I see it, we are all in this together. Excellent color choice, I chose JerezB too (changed it from IB right before production started, the purplish look to it scared me). I ordered with FR interior, so I guess that's my attempt to add a bit of flavor.

Just heard that my car is in VPC! I only live 20 miles from NJ, oh how I wish I could drive to the port and take a peek. Agh so close! All I do during my commute everyday is think how much more fun ____ exit would be in an m3, or how I would be able to overtake ___ car in my m3.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:59 PM   #6
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anytime! The way I see it, we are all in this together. Excellent color choice, I chose JerezB too (changed it from IB right before production started, the purplish look to it scared me). I ordered with FR interior, so I guess that's my attempt to add a bit of flavor.

Just heard that my car is in VPC! I only live 20 miles from NJ, oh how I wish I could drive to the port and take a peek. Agh so close! All I do during my commute everyday is think how much more fun ____ exit would be in an m3, or how I would be able to overtake ___ car in my m3.
Very cool man.

I actually just killed 30 minutes during lunch nd drove over to Port hueneme too to check out the VPC. I saw them testing some X6 M's and that new 5 series Turismo or whatever it is called.

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

In keeping up with arguably the most pathetic self induced posting on this site, I am proud to announce that the Turandot has left Zeebruge, Belgium and is en route to South Hampton, England. Stay tuned for another pointless update tomorrow.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 06:39 AM   #8
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

I feel your pain. I was all alone on the Integrity while it made its 3 week voyage. I hope your boat has a more streamlined schedule. The bright side is my M3 is being unloaded at the Bruswick, GA port today! My CA said it could be here as early as late next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 08:01 AM   #9
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep

Congrats Cabinet! It's so nice to see this process winding down. Just realized that I ordered my car more than 2 months ago!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #10
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats Cabinet! It's so nice to see this process winding down. Just realized that I ordered my car more than 2 months ago!
Thanks. I ordered mine on August 14th so it is getting pretty close to the 2 month mark. I'm glad the end is in sight. Right now I just hope I get through customs and the VPC without any snags.

Last edited by Cabinetman; 10-09-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #11
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I feel your pain. I was all alone on the Integrity while it made its 3 week voyage. I hope your boat has a more streamlined schedule. The bright side is my M3 is being unloaded at the Bruswick, GA port today! My CA said it could be here as early as late next week.
Good stuff man, congrats! You must be pretty excited. As much as I can’t wait for the car to get here it’s actually been fun checking for updates each day following the status of the ship.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post

LOL ----- ahh to be young again .... congrats on ur delivery .... i remember my delivery experience was a nail-biter.
in the meantime, u can do what i did and
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #13
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Passing through the Panama Canal

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #14
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Arriving in Port Hueneme today

The ship is just idelling off of Catalina right now

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #15
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

That is good news. Hopefully, you will be enduring the break-in period by this time next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #16
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Pearl Ace arriving to NY tomorrow! That boat has my car. I can believe how much longer it takes for the west coast delivery. Pearl ace left germany 10/22 at 11pm and arriving to NY Tomorrow at 3pm.

Cabinet, you picked up your car couple weeks ago right? how hard is it to wait till the break-in is over...?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #17
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

It arrived!!!!

Since I am only 40 mins from Port Hueneme hopefully I will be enjoying the car soon!

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #18
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by besiktas View Post
Cabinet, you picked up your car couple weeks ago right? how hard is it to wait till the break-in is over...?
I have had my car exactly two weeks, and I can confirm that the break in period sucks. The first few days weren't so bad because I was learning all the features on the car. Now it is getting tough. You can tell that the car is just starting to open up right about the time you have to shut it down at 5500 rpm. Since I don't daily drive my M it is taking that much longer to get the miles on it. I just turned 600 yesterday. My 1200 mile service appointment is on November 10th.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:32 PM   #19
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinetman View Post
I have had my car exactly two weeks, and I can confirm that the break in period sucks. The first few days weren't so bad because I was learning all the features on the car. Now it is getting tough. You can tell that the car is just starting to open up right about the time you have to shut it down at 5500 rpm. Since I don't daily drive my M it is taking that much longer to get the miles on it. I just turned 600 yesterday. My 1200 mile service appointment is on November 10th.
Dude that sounds so right. After the first few days of pure excitment wear off, you jsut start licking your chops till the break in is done.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #20
Rto
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon 2010 M3 Sedan JetBk/FxRed

Mine is on Integrity, anyone else?

Hi Spencer,

Glad to hear from you that your ship got to the port...hopefully it will release soon and you will be onboard the ultimate driving machine!!!

I still have some time to wait since my ship is almost in the middle of the Atlantic heading Baltimore, MD first, than Charleston, SC and finally Brunswick, GA...OMG the wait is killing me!

After effectively getting at the final port, how long do you guys think it takes for customs to release, than VPC than dealer?
      10-31-2009, 07:55 PM   #21
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rto View Post
Hi Spencer,

Glad to hear from you that your ship got to the port...hopefully it will release soon and you will be onboard the ultimate driving machine!!!

I still have some time to wait since my ship is almost in the middle of the Atlantic heading Baltimore, MD first, than Charleston, SC and finally Brunswick, GA...OMG the wait is killing me!

After effectively getting at the final port, how long do you guys think it takes for customs to release, than VPC than dealer?
Seems like the VPC turn around can be anywhere from 3 days to a week or so. Then whatever ship time from VPC to your dealer is.

Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 05:03 PM   #22
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep

How long is the OC? My ship arrived on 10/30, yet the OC still says en route? i know most guys say it's usually like a 2 day delay, but it's been 5...?

Appreciate 0