BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
exVtekGuy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none yet

How do BMW dealers decide to sell or send trade-in M3 to Auctions?

I'm curious if there's any rules of thumb they use to decide one way or the other? I see a lot of 1 owner used M3 being sold by BMW dealers as well as by high end car-dealers that buys the cars at an auction. I'm a bit wary of going with high-end car dealers in general because I've had bad experience before but they do have some cars I'd be interested otherwise. Any insight?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
matthewk
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X6MC, 2022 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by exVtekGuy View Post
I'm curious if there's any rules of thumb they use to decide one way or the other? I see a lot of 1 owner used M3 being sold by BMW dealers as well as by high end car-dealers that buys the cars at an auction. I'm a bit wary of going with high-end car dealers in general because I've had bad experience before but they do have some cars I'd be interested otherwise. Any insight?
Mostly to do with market conditions, full-circle status and dealership current inventory... Also, many auction cars are lease returns from non-fullcircle dealers or lease returns that BMW gave a mulligan on.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Accident cars that can't be CPO'ed likely will end up in an auction eventually.
Appreciate 0