BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

06-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

im going to ask my dealer. they are the only ones who ever serviced my car. mine is up next may 4th year
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #24
M5V10
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

So I passed by Fairfax Bmw a couple days ago to find out about extending my warranty for my 2008 M3 since mine expires in Aug. They want $5000 for the platinum which covers everything 2yrs/100k and thats with the Costco discount. And the finance manager told me any bmw dealership I go to will give me the same price because the pricing comes from BMW and not the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:14 AM   #25
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5V10 View Post
So I passed by Fairfax Bmw a couple days ago to find out about extending my warranty for my 2008 M3 since mine expires in Aug. They want $5000 for the platinum which covers everything 2yrs/100k and thats with the Costco discount. And the finance manager told me any bmw dealership I go to will give me the same price because the pricing comes from BMW and not the dealership.
Talk to Steve Thomas BMW, I did 2yr/100,000k mile Powertrain+ for just under $3000. There is always markup on the extended warranties.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
M5V10
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Talk to Steve Thomas BMW, I did 2yr/100,000k mile Powertrain+ for just under $3000. There is always markup on the extended warranties.

What does the the Powertrain+ exactly cover and not cover?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #27
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5V10
Haha

I bought mine at FFX but I shopped around first and got quotes from different dealers. Then I got the lowest price and pitted them against each other. FFX best them all.

I'm willing to bet they can budge on the price. Also, Platinum doesn't cover everything. I have the platinum too. It is the most comprehensive, but it is an exclusionary warranty (which is good) and lists what is not covered. Items that are not covered can be found in a sample contract. Ask for one or read one of my earlier posts where I provided a link to m5board. It's posted in there. Powertrain warranty is the equivalent to a CPO warranty and only covers powertrain related items and engine components.

Who exactly did you talk to?
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #28
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
got me a third party warranty from the BMW dealership.
$2700 for gold package, 60,000 additional miles, for 4 years.
$100 deductible and shop rates and parts prices are prenegotiated with this particular dealership
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #29
M5V10
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Haha

I bought mine at FFX but I shopped around first and got quotes from different dealers. Then I got the lowest price and pitted them against each other. FFX best them all.

I'm willing to bet they can budge on the price. Also, Platinum doesn't cover everything. I have the platinum too. It is the most comprehensive, but it is an exclusionary warranty (which is good) and lists what is not covered. Items that are not covered can be found in a sample contract. Ask for one or read one of my earlier posts where I provided a link to m5board. It's posted in there. Powertrain warranty is the equivalent to a CPO warranty and only covers powertrain related items and engine components.

I spoke with Maryiam at FFX. She was trying to talk me into leasing a new M3 but I don't want to go through the hassle of selling my car. I think I will pay a visit to sterling and passport.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #30
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5V10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
Haha

I spoke with Maryiam at FFX. She was trying to talk me into leasing a new M3 but I don't want to go through the hassle of selling my car. I think I will pay a visit to sterling and passport.
Yeah Myriam is not the person to talk to.
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0