BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

03-20-2016, 07:11 PM   #1
beyondM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Silverstone II E90 ZCP

Error code P16B7

The only thing I was able to find about this code was this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250989

Didn't give me information about the exact issue or how to fix it.

The code goes away when I restart the car and everything drives fine but after a few hard pulls the code comes back.

The car is a dct 2011 with Bpm tune and gts transmission flash.

Appreciate any help on this before I have bring it to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
IIAp3x
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondM View Post
The only thing I was able to find about this code was this thread http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250989

Didn't give me information about the exact issue or how to fix it.

The code goes away when I restart the car and everything drives fine but after a few hard pulls the code comes back.

The car is a dct 2011 with Bpm tune and gts transmission flash.

Appreciate any help on this before I have bring it to the dealer.
If you take it to the dealer, they will want to reflash your DME to the latest software version- right after they tell you that the custom tune you have is causing your problem...

The standard fix for a code like this is to update the DME software to the latest version and then recheck... If problem persists, then they will want to replace your DME...

Standard stealership practices unfortunately... I would wait and see if you continue to get a check engine light before you take it to them... Also make sure that you can reinstall your custom tunes again after they update the software... That is if the problem persists...
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
BPM
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 / M5 / Turbo 7

Nice speaking with you on the phone. If it occurs again please let us know the faults from the BPMFlash application and we will assist in resolving this. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
beyondM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Silverstone II E90 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMSport
Nice speaking with you on the phone. If it occurs again please let us know the faults from the BPMFlash application and we will assist in resolving this. Thank you.
Thanks For the support. Great customer service as usual. I'll pull the additional code and get back to you.
Appreciate 1