BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

Mporium BMW

01-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

The "Good Riddance Rich Rodriguez, you piece of shit!" thread.

Ugh for a minute there I was starting to think there was a chance they'd hold on to him.... I think I would have puked.

Bad news for other Big 10 fans, as hopefully the replacement will be of some semi-decent recruiting caliber and somewhat concerned with whether or not he has any defensive players on his roster or a defensive staff that knows what they're doing.... What an embarrassment. First, his system drives away the good players we had, and then he blames Lloyd Carr for the cupboard being bare.... Meanwhile, Ryan Mallett seems to be doing just fine, multiple decent players went pro well before their time, we've got a damn good O-lineman beating us up once a year wearing Scarlet and Gray.... Always excuses with this guy.... He's had three years at the school and he still can't find players to put in on defense. We have a bunch of underskilled freshmen when there should be sophomores with talent, at least that would prove that he needed to "get his own players." One guy made this team this year. Without Denard, the Wolverines would have won 1 game. That is not an exaggeration. That is hardly a team.

So many embarrassments, so many positive records set by the other team, so many negative records set by us. I swear to God, if I had to hear "This hasn't happened since the Johnson Administration" one more time, I was going to start burning my shit like a State fans burn couches and cop cars after a big win (or loss). Not a lick of improvement out of this guy. Sure the record has gotten better, but look at the defense and its FBS ranking over the last three years: 62nd, 87th, then 108th or something like that.... TERRIBLE. We rushed the field in celebration after beating ILLINOIS! AT HOME! IN TRIPLE OVERTIME! YAY WE CLINCHED A BOWL BIRTH! Holy shit, how far did this program fall? We made Indiana look like an unstoppable force on offense.... We lost by 38 to a mid-pack SEC team (granted, the SEC is fucking good). NCAA violations galore.... Enough embarrassment. Enough lowering the bar. This shit never should have happened.

I'm concerned about Harbaugh though. I don't think he'll be a career Michigan coach. The NFL wants him and will continue to bang down his door. I can't say it doesn't seem like that's what he wants too. Hoke might be the best bet at this point.

Goddamn it why isn't there another Jim Tressel (minus the SEC woes)?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

someone is happy
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
someone is happy
I was about to buy you a vest and give you his personal address.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 03:19 PM   #4
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I was about to buy you a vest and give you his personal address.

you know where he lives?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #5
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

Being an avid Buckeyes fan, Rich Rod was well liked as being the next John Cooper, but for Michigan. However, even Cooper led us to 10+ win seasons even if he couldn't beat that damn team from up north.

That being said, although we love beating up the maize and blue year in and year out, here's to hoping for some better competition over the next couple years.

Oh yeah, and still being a true buckeye at heart...

01-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

damn beat me to it....but well said.

The bar has been lowered too low. Even John Cooper managed 9 and 10 win seasons, B10 championship and a Rose Bowl title.

As a Buckeye fan, we salute this move. The Rich Rod debacle has set the Big10 back a few years. Now bring in someone who can get the job done and make it the good old fashioned Big 10 we grew up with.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #7
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Im not surprised. He was the first coach since 1891 to have a losing overall record and has the lowest win percentage in Michigan Football Coaching history. That isnt going to fly in a school with a rich winning history.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 03:28 PM   #8
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Im not surprised. He was the first coach since 1891 to have a losing overall record and has the lowest win percentage in Michigan Football Coaching history. That isnt going to fly in a school with a rich winning history.
Not to mention he was outsider and didn't quite understand that tradition.
      01-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I swear to God, if I had to hear "This hasn't happened since the Johnson Administration" one more time, I was going to start burning my shit like a State fans burn couches and cop cars after a big win (or loss).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #10
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post

Didnt see that in there, sorry ragingclue, lol.

But still, it seems like we share the same level of hatred for the guy, lol.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #11
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Didnt see that in there, sorry ragingclue, lol.

But still, it seems like we share the same level of hatred for the guy, lol.
LOL yeah tell me about it, although I was referring to the Lyndon B Johnson Administration, and you were able to reach back almost to the Andrew Johnson Administration....

It's sad when the Buckeye fans are sick of beating us up so badly year after year. At least in Cooper's days, the games were close, and both teams had lots on the line, sometimes both playing for at least a share of the Big 10 title.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

Did you hear about the good news?

That damn university from up north isn't saying anything about this "news leak". They postponed their tv conference from tonight to tomorrow. People think it's to see if they get Harbaugh. If not, Rich Rod may be back next season!
      01-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #13
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep

yeah hold off on this thread, we may have to restart this thread this time next year.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #14
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
yeah hold off on this thread, we may have to restart this thread this time next year.
No.

Fuck that.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
hahahahahhaha
hhahahhh
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #16
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

I'm a West Virginia fan and I hate that dude!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #17
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

ahhahah

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #18
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
.... People think it's to see if they get Harbaugh. If not, Rich Rod may be back next season! ....
In my personal opinion, I think Harbaugh would be better than RR any day of the week, and I have no doubt he'd return the program to its original track within 3 years, but I wouldn't see him staying for more than 5. I would rather have someone who doesn't already have aspirations set for the NFL; someone who we could perhaps make into a career coach with us if everything falls into place.

I really don't give a shit about the "Michigan Man" stigma. That is not a prerequisite in my mind. Just get a good coach who is solid with fundamentals and discipline, who puts a strong team on the field every week, and keeps his players out of trouble off the field (not to mention he keeps his own ass out of trouble with the NCAA). He doesn't have to be someone who played or coached here, just someone who can instill the core values back into the program, and do it for a while if necessary.

IMO they'll still fire him. But they won't do it until they have a successor lined up. Whether that's Harbaugh, Hoke, Miles, Patterson, or the local Junior High football coach, I don't give a shit. Rich Fraudriguez has proven he doesn't have what it takes by any means.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #19
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Final word will be today, I would like to see him go. My gut feeling is Harbaugh isnt coming, if it's not Les Miles(who should have been here instead of Rod) then RR is back next year and he get a big name DC. I think the thing now is if he disagree's about cleaning house he get's shitcanned. I'm with ragingclue I dont give 2 fucks whoever it is, lets get back to Michigan winning.
My problem with RR leaving is the attrition, does Denard go? Mike Martin to the NFL? we already lost some top recruits what else are we gonna lose because of this? If we cant get Harbaugh or Miles and David Brandon fires RR who is it?? I hope not Hoke
      01-05-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.jay View Post
My problem with RR leaving is the attrition, does Denard go? Mike Martin to the NFL? we already lost some top recruits what else are we gonna lose because of this? If we cant get Harbaugh or Miles and David Brandon fires RR who is it?? I hope not Hoke
Why not Hoke?

Brandon is the one who should be fired. He's created a shit storm and made a bad situation worse. Yes, the un-quarterback Denard will probably go. Mike Martin may or may not go. We'll see.... But in the meantime, our recruits are getting raided, there's uncertainty clouding the program, and nobody knows what the plan is for next year, not the recruits, players, potential recruits, coaches, nobody....

At this point, it would be pointless to keep Rodriguez unless there's absolutely no one out there. And by no one, I mean no one. If he stays, we're going to deal with another year of losing every recruit out there worth a damn, because everyone knows about the instability in his position. Anyone who thinks a good defensive coordinator is going to fix things on that side of the ball is delusional. Rodriguez can't put good defensive players on the field, and a coordinator just can't overcome that. There's something to be said about a guy who can't field decent atheletes on defense at Michigan.... Rodriguez sucks. Shit can him. As much as I think Greg Robinson is an idiot and completely incompetent, it's Rodriguez's fault that the personnel are so damn weak.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #21
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep

My take on this is... If I was a maize and blue fan... ok, I can't even say that with a straight face. Hypothetically, if I didn't dislike that team from up north with every fiber of my being, Rich Rod has to go. But, I don't think they thought this through. Harbaugh isn't coming, and that's a fact they need to face. The higher ups at the university, and the folks with money don't want to pay enormously for a high-profile coach like Les Miles to come.

That being said, since you and I don't have the money to pay a coach's salary, I suspect it'll be another Michigan man who will go back to tradition. That will put the program back into a 2-3 year crapfest as your offense has players not suitable for the grind-it-out sort of scheme the B10 loves (at least the top teams in the B10).

Nebraska being in your division doesn't help matters much, but I don't see the current program moving forward next year. D-Rob had some insane games, but you can't expect him to have those types of games all season.

I dunno what to say... money talks, and your program doesn't wanna give it away. Miles would be a great coach, imo. But, a huge buyout at LSU is preventing that, not to mention the fact that he's built a good program down there and probably has some loyalty to them now.
      01-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #22
dr.jay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135

Well he's gone, while I love the explosive offense his lack of attention to recruit more defensive players sickened me, GOOD RIDDANCE. If anyone watched the presser Brandon made it very clear that a lot of paper will be thrown at a big name coach. Harbaugh is meeting with the niners today, IMHO he is playing a game of who is gonna pay me? Offer from UM is rumored to be 5.2mill a year which is outlandish but he is worth it. The way I see it no way Brandon doesn't have someone lined up, I think it was a ploy at the presser saying the search starts now you don't fire a coach and not have 2 viable candidates lined up, I think RR's firing was put into play after the loss to the "Tattoo Crew" and Chewy I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with you because I very much respect OSU, now if you were a Penn St fan then it would be open season on you ass.

Here are my top 5 candidates
1. Harbaugh
2. Patterson from TCU
3. Fitzgerald from NW
4. Miles
5. Peterson from Boise St