BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

05-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #45
rapistwit
Banned
Rep
Drives: GT-R, Cayenne GTS, GT3 order

Why don't you people obsess on something else? BMW does screwy warranty crap too. The GTR is a great car. And the fact that there a repeated threads on it in practically every non Nissan car forum proves the point.
If you don't want it why do you bother commenting?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #46
rapistwit
Banned
Rep

BTW, if you think I'm blindly attached to the Nissan or that I hate Porsche you should note that I just put this on order.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 1243011891872[1].pdf (888.2 KB, 344 views)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #47
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapistwit View Post
BTW, if you think I'm blindly attached to the Nissan or that I hate Porsche you should note that I just put this on order.
And they slag off Nissan at the expense of Porsche. You got charged $200 to paint the name black on the rear lid.

Well wear as they say in Ireland. Keep the shiny side up.
Are you ditching the M3?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 06:14 PM   #48
rapistwit
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
And they slag off Nissan at the expense of Porsche. You got charged $200 to paint the name black on the rear lid.

Well wear as they say in Ireland. Keep the shiny side up.
Are you ditching the M3?

Porsche is brilliant that way. Go through a configuration once. You could double the price of the car if you really tried.

I'm going to sell my wife's X5 and she'll drive my Cayenne GTS. And I'm also selling the Mercedes. I'm keeping the GT-R.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #49
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven

Quote:
And I'm also selling the Mercedes.
What's your daily driver?
Love the CLK BS. What are looking to get for it?
      05-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #50
rapistwit
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shchow View Post
What's your daily driver?
Love the CLK BS. What are looking to get for it?

I'm looking for $75-80K. I just put new Pirelli PZero Corsas on it.

I'll probably drive the Nissan as a DD.

I currently have four vehicles and its just too expensive. I want to get down to three between my wife and me.

I'm definitely selling my wife's X5 and the Mercedes. My wife will drive the Cayenne GTS (which she loves compared to the Bimmer).

For me there are two options:

Option #1-Just keep the GTR as my DD for winter and the GT3 for the non snowy seasons.

Option #2-Sell the GTR to a friend of mine (who currently owns my old E46 M3) and buy a used Cayenne GTS, Turbo, or Turbo S for winter and use the GT3 for summer.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #51
shchow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 CTS-V sedan, black raven

Since they only made the CLK BS for a year, I think it will eventually be a collectors item, in about 15-20 years.
You have a nice dilemma to deal with. I have been salivating over the GT3 for quite some time now. I am envious...
      05-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #52
zacbol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

I found out the local Nissan dealer had some GTRs (4-5 of them actually) and funnily enough this was on the window of one of them. What are the odds? On a positive note, I'm figuring at least this will mean they won't be afraid to give me a test drive; I'm still damn curious about the car and how it compares to the M.

On a side note, my girlfriend thought the interior of the GTR was *nicer* than the M. She did, however, think the exterior was hideous. In her words, "If your car is a 9, that thing is a -5". I mostly agree, which is totally opposite of what I expected; I thought I'd dislike the interior and be impressed with the exterior. Not so much.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 11:31 PM   #53
rapistwit
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacbol View Post
I found out the local Nissan dealer had some GTRs (4-5 of them actually) and funnily enough this was on the window of one of them. What are the odds? On a positive note, I'm figuring at least this will mean they won't be afraid to give me a test drive; I'm still damn curious about the car and how it compares to the M.

On a side note, my girlfriend thought the interior of the GTR was *nicer* than the M. She did, however, think the exterior was hideous. In her words, "If your car is a 9, that thing is a -5". I mostly agree, which is totally opposite of what I expected; I thought I'd dislike the interior and be impressed with the exterior. Not so much.

I'm kind of the opposite opinion. I think the interior of an M is significantly better than the GTR while the exterior is a toss up. Performance wise there's no contest.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #54
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
I'm looking for $75-80K. I just put new Pirelli PZero Corsas on it.

I'll probably drive the Nissan as a DD.

I currently have four vehicles and its just too expensive. I want to get down to three between my wife and me.

I'm definitely selling my wife's X5 and the Mercedes. My wife will drive the Cayenne GTS (which she loves compared to the Bimmer).

For me there are two options:

Option #1-Just keep the GTR as my DD for winter and the GT3 for the non snowy seasons.

Option #2-Sell the GTR to a friend of mine (who currently owns my old E46 M3) and buy a used Cayenne GTS, Turbo, or Turbo S for winter and use the GT3 for summer.
Honestly, I'd go with option #1. I've driven the GT-R and with all that ability and as easy as it is to drive, it could be the ultimate DD. However, I will argue that the GT3 (I'm basing this on the 997.1) is one of the most entertaining driver's cars in existence, so you could use that when the weather is okay. As a Cayenne GTS owner, I don't really know why you would want to have two of them.

Sorry, I didn't read through your pdf, but when is your scheduled delivery for the GT3? Also good luck with the sale of the BS as owners have been taking serious hits on those cars lately.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #55
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
Ya im sure it can....
Yes, it can! I've ridden in one at a track day with slicks all around and it was the fastest I'd ever been around that particular track. However, I've yet to take a ride in the track owner's Ariel.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #56
zacbol
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Quote:
I'm kind of the opposite opinion. I think the interior of an M is significantly better than the GTR while the exterior is a toss up. Performance wise there's no contest.
Oh, no doubt. The GTR is in a different league performance-wise than the M3. In fact, the GTR was the first car I considered prior to picking up the M3 and I'm still very curious to see what it's like. I'm pretty confident I made the right choice for *me*, however, given I can't even tap the M3s potential on public roads without endangering myself or ending up in jail*. I've also read the GTR is somewhat less livable as a DD but will have to see how I feel after a test drive.

*Made an ill advised attempt to pass a semi on a twisty Oregon two lane road, not realizing there was another semi in front of it and towards oncoming cars. Once committed I had to follow through, but hit hit 150mph before I got back in my lane. I nearly shit myself.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 09:10 PM   #57
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Those limitations are excessive.Still, short blasts on open roads can be fun.Additionally,is tracking the car really a way to void your warranty?I'd think that they mean if something breaks, then they don't cover it, not that you lose your warranty! If so, these are ridiculous claims!
      05-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #58
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgthis View Post
Those limitations are excessive.Still, short blasts on open roads can be fun.Additionally,is tracking the car really a way to void your warranty?I'd think that they mean if something breaks, then they don't cover it, not that you lose your warranty! If so, these are ridiculous claims!
+1

I think you are correct. They can't void your warrantee if nothing broke on the track day. Someone will fight them and they'll lose.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread