BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

View Poll Results: Audi S4 or Mitsubishi Evo X
S4 52 72.22%
Evo X 20 27.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

07-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
Scoobe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan SSII/SN/DCT

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Montreal View Post
Not yet.

Its landing on August 2'nd out west then its 5 days to get to montreal plus 1 or 2 days to prep it. I should be getting it on or around August 12'th.

I drove behind one yesterday and thought of this post. It sure is a good lookin car. Traffic was pretty thick but had there been an open spot, I think we were going to wrangle. He was driving with a fare amount of brisk attitude once he saw me behind em. Yeah the M3 is quicker but he may not know that Had my finances not worked out, I would be in one now, saving 12k. Make sure you post pics when it comes in, looking forward to seeing it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2010, 09:56 AM   #24
M3 Montreal
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SG ,DCT & 2011 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobe View Post
I drove behind one yesterday and thought of this post. It sure is a good lookin car. Traffic was pretty thick but had there been an open spot, I think we were going to wrangle. He was driving with a fare amount of brisk attitude once he saw me behind em. Yeah the M3 is quicker but he may not know that Had my finances not worked out, I would be in one now, saving 12k. Make sure you post pics when it comes in, looking forward to seeing it.
So I've had my car for about 2 weeks now and I have to say I am really enjoying driving it (pics to come).

APR just released the very first ECU reflash tune that will be marketed very soon. This thing is seriously underrated as far as the Audi numbers go. People are dynoing it at about 310 to 320 at the wheel and Audi only claims 333 at the crank. One guy on the forums did a 1/4 mile with a stock S4 in the 12.7's and it consistantly (on the DCT) pulls in 4.7s for 0 to 60's.

Im definitely enjoying the car and from stop to stop its hard to NOT floor it because its so fun. Handling wise its not comparable at all to the M3 especially when you swerve it from left to right (like doing S's or slalom) it has major body roll. Mind you on hard corners it actually does corner VERy well.

The Sport Diff is definitely a HUGE plus as it does actually make it accelerate out of a corner somehwat like a rear wheel drive car. I would never have bought the S4 without it.

The 2 tone leather seats are beautiful and the stitching is comparable to my M3s leather seats.

Overall I am very satisfied with it and would definitely recommend one try it if in the market for the 335Xi. (its competitor in the BMW side and NOT the M3 as competitor... lol)

I'll try and post some pics soon and hopefully for my M... I will get my damn Volks wheels in the next 7 days! Been waiting about 2 months now.

*** edit to add link to APR Tune info***

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...me-dyno-graphs.........

2011 B8 S4 S-Tronic , Black on magma red
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #25
Onurleft
Captain
Rep
Drives: RPM

The new S4 I.M.O is arguable one of the best DD's one could buy. The all weather performance, Audi interior and the MPG's. I'd love one with the MTM kit. Pulley, header, tune + 100hp