BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

01-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #67
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Does anyone else notice any small blips/backfires from the muffler when they shift with this exhaust??

Im not sure if its because it was installed incorrectly or if it makes that noise because of the fast DCT shifts.
Yes, this exhaust has a lot of character and shifts sound wonderful. You'd have more of a fart can sound with a leak. Check your fittings if it sounds off.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #68
thegeneral101
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Z06,'13 750Li,'11 Raptor

I have the race and paired it with a custom x-pipe....most who heard it at meets in Miami said its the best they had heard, and I have to agree haha. Definitely aggressive though, especially on cold start
      01-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
sycd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 [MT]

Garage List
2023 BMW M2 [MT]  [0.00]
2020 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
I am in the same boat as well. I always have cold start delete on my cars just bc of my neighborhood and since I leave for work or golf super early every morning. I still have yet to hear a race in person at idle or slow acceleration, I have only heard the race cruising on the HWY in a caravan. I would be curious what people who own the exhaust can say about the sound at warm idle or cold start delete is like and also what it is like taking off early in the morning at low low rpm/speed
I just used SPL Meter on my iPhone to measure the sound volume during cold start and after cold start at idle:

- cold start: ~98 dB
- after cold start, idle: ~82 dB

I was standing about 4 feet from the back of the car pointing the phone mic at the exhaust.

So it's loud but not annoyingly loud to me. I can definitely hear it from within the house but the family or neighbors never complained (but I don't usually leave the house very early.)

For comparison sake my X5 xDrive50i with M perf package has a cold start volume of ~91 dB.

Last edited by sycd; 01-12-2013 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #70
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Yes, this exhaust has a lot of character and shifts sound wonderful. You'd have more of a fart can sound with a leak. Check your fittings if it sounds off.
Yea took it to the shop for an oil change and they found a pretty significant leak between the connecting pipe and the muffler. I thought it sounded off based off how great everyone here said it sounded.

Now that its fixed, it is truly EPIC!!. Im glad it was 70 out today so I could drive with the windows down and listen to it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #71
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Yea took it to the shop for an oil change and they found a pretty significant leak between the connecting pipe and the muffler. I thought it sounded off based off how great everyone here said it sounded.

Now that its fixed, it is truly EPIC!!. Im glad it was 70 out today so I could drive with the windows down and listen to it.
Cool, glad that fixed it. Been there before, those clamps have to be right on. Hey, are you in NC? I used to live in SouthPark, nice city! Enjoy that balmy weather!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #72
Tonyfsu21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3, Jet Black, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amri215
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycd View Post
Just came back from a longer drive. Sorry to say that the race is going to be too loud for me. I guess I'm too old for this shit Will probably sell it and go for something more tame or just leave it stock.
I think this is one of the loudest exhausts for the M3. what are you considering instead?
Not quite.... The Remus Race is louder and sounds better IMHO. It's also lighter and cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #73
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk View Post
Cool, glad that fixed it. Been there before, those clamps have to be right on. Hey, are you in NC? I used to live in SouthPark, nice city! Enjoy that balmy weather!
Yea it dramatically improved the sound. Was starting to sound like one of those coffee cans the guys put on civics.

The South Park area is pretty awesome, def the higher end side of Charlotte. Im a tad north in the Lake Norman area. Not many enthusiasts here, both the E9x's ive seen have been driven by trophy wives who prob never take it above 4k RPM.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #74
MisterClutch888
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

so i installed my "race" with eisenmann connecting pipes 2 days ago, initial start up, it leaks where the connecting pipes connect to the mufflers.

There are actually a "gap", like the connecting pipes are not "big" enough for the muffler.
Slow Build
Appreciate 0