BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #23
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Def a nice looking system, that's for sure. Too bad you need a custom tune or you get a CEL.

I've heard nothing but good things about Akra.
      01-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #24
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

The Akrapovic exhaust is absolutely beautiful
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 01:03 PM   #25
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
I love mine (just got the rear section) and got the same great service from IND as well!
Ah, another victim of our wonderful emissions laws in PA.......

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #26
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Def a nice looking system, that's for sure. Too bad you need a custom tune or you get a CEL.

I've heard nothing but good things about Akra.

what's a CEL?

Is the evolution the only one available for the M3?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 03:13 PM   #27
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwan View Post
what's a CEL?

Is the evolution the only one available for the M3?
Check Engine Light (from excess emmisions) picked up on aftermarket cat delete or HFC (high flow cats) systems, by the O2 sensors in the exhast before and after primary Cats on OEM system)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2010, 04:12 PM   #28
Andrew 912
//M addicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E92 - MR X6M

Akrapovic is just the best Titanium Exhaust available for those who doesn't wanna have loud sound but good enough to satisfy your ear...... Well done!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 02:00 AM   #29
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congratulations on the Akra! Quality construction and beautiful welds.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
'18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 06:22 AM   #30
prodigue
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I had mine installed slightly more than a month back and it's worth every single cent.

You can feel the dramatic weight loss with the car more light on its feet. The mid-range punch is definitely improved with the engine wanting to surge out of the car.

The sound is well-tuned and "packed".. man it sounds like a tommy gun on rapidfire mode when WOT.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #31
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

you guys are killing me, i want this exhaust so badly. guess i'm gonna have to rape my credit card once again.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 06:53 AM   #32
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
you guys are killing me, i want this exhaust so badly. guess i'm gonna have to rape my credit card once again.
Call Nate at IND and he will charge it quick!! 6 days later and you have it
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 12:55 AM   #33
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

thanks andrew.

i know there akrapovic exhaust ads gain in mid and high range, but what about low range, as in from 1000-4000rpm, is it the same as stock, worse or improved? i don't mind if it's same as stock. cuz the last time i installed a supersprint on my E46 M3, low rage power terrible, it was really slow at picking up speed till i was well about 6000rpm. i don't just home akrapovic doesn't make E92 suffer from the same low power at the suprprint...which btw i ended up removing it after a few months.

that being said, i'll be ordering my akrapovic today or tomorrow...after i hear from you guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #34
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 GTS

There is a very small rpm range (dip) where the Akra performs worse than stock.
This is between 2.000 and 2.500rpm (see attachment: black stock, red Akra Evo). Reason is the missing backpressure due to the High Flow Cats!
But promisse, you will not even feel it - you will just feel the gains!!!
If you are using your car, you will be above 3.000rpm anyway. Have fun with this system.

Quote:
thanks andrew.

i know there akrapovic exhaust ads gain in mid and high range, but what about low range, as in from 1000-4000rpm, is it the same as stock, worse or improved? i don't mind if it's same as stock. cuz the last time i installed a supersprint on my E46 M3, low rage power terrible, it was really slow at picking up speed till i was well about 6000rpm. i don't just home akrapovic doesn't make E92 suffer from the same low power at the suprprint...which btw i ended up removing it after a few months.

that being said, i'll be ordering my akrapovic today or tomorrow...after i hear from you guys.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #35
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

thanks, i just called my dealer to see if the akrapovic exhaust is available in stock or if it has to be ordered. it shouldn't take more than 10 days to receive it, so I'll go ahead and place a deposit.

is it the akrapovic evolution? i believe that's the one available for the M3 right? also, i believe there different type of pipe tips, i've seen chrome pics and carbon fiber tips, any idea where i could get those from?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #36
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep

The dyno is from the Evo system, it is also available as slip on system (axle back). The regular tips from Akrapovic are Titanium matte - these are the only ones which are available normally. There are no chrome tips, these are polished TI tips, which are not available from every dealership. Also there are gloss black ones available. CF is not available yet! Best thing is to ask Nate@IND

Quote:
thanks, i just called my dealer to see if the akrapovic exhaust is available in stock or if it has to be ordered. it shouldn't take more than 10 days to receive it, so I'll go ahead and place a deposit.

is it the akrapovic evolution? i believe that's the one available for the M3 right? also, i believe there different type of pipe tips, i've seen chrome pics and carbon fiber tips, any idea where i could get those from?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #37
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:

thanks!
I would be more than happy to help you out. Most dealers don't have access to the custom Akrapovic tips. Pm me for more info
      01-21-2010, 08:12 PM   #38
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Best Quality & Fitment
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:15 PM   #39
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:

thanks!
don't forget to post pics of it in the pickup thread on NeoGAF when you get it
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:28 PM   #40
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Question

hi guys, im about to go out and order the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust now, is there anything i should know before hand? any dos or don't? and what about the "CEL" message you guys have been getting? anything to worry about?

thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2010, 10:33 PM   #41
marwan
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
don't forget to post pics of it in the pickup thread on NeoGAF when you get it

huh? you're on neogaf as well? ...well to answer your question, i won't post on neogaf, not cuz im banned for they are so anal about everything on that forum it makes me sick, i accidentally posted an illegal thread and im banned forever!

and if you're trying to make fun of me, im glad you got a kick out of it bro!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #42
Robwe46m3
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 Ruby Blk M3 Individua

Checkcaptain:

Just installed my Akrapovic evolution... This exhaust is Incredible!

I live in canada after 200km I have no CEL light. Are canadian cars more like European cars in terms of emissions or will I get CEl soon like US cars? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #43
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
hi guys, im about to go out and order the Akrapovic Evolution exhaust now, is there anything i should know before hand? any dos or don't? and what about the "CEL" message you guys have been getting? anything to worry about?

thanks guys!
Buddy if you had called Nate and paid by credit card when you first posted you would have it installed by now took 7 days from order to delivery and that's because it was over December/newyear. Probably would have been 3 days!!

I havE had no CEL but I have had a flash tune, which from a power gain persepective, I think you should do anyway.

BMW is offering a Performance software map! I think it will be a conservative map but still it shows you that these cars are so detuned from the factory to keep them within safe perameters for longevity.

I love my Evolution System, puts the M3 into a different category, there is soo much more midrange, and the sound has no drone, so is like a factory performance car. I think the M3 GTS video best pinpoints the sound, since it has 200 Cel HFCs and is titanium to.

Do's: wipe the system down with a soft cloth before starting the car to remove grease and fingerprints from install.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #44
Checkcaptain
Major
Germany
Rep

So finally you made it after customs gave you a hard time
Yes you are right, Canadian cars are more like Euro spec cars, so you will get the CEL later. It can take up to 2.000km, but no worries - you will get it!
We are just looking for a customer in the US, who will test the new "deleater" with a US spec car. In Europe it works fine - since it is an electronic solution now, it also should with US specs.

Enjoy your sytem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwe46m3 View Post
Checkcaptain:

Just installed my Akrapovic evolution... This exhaust is Incredible!

I live in canada after 200km I have no CEL light. Are canadian cars more like European cars in terms of emissions or will I get CEl soon like US cars? Thanks.
Appreciate 0