BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
12-0...oh yea.

Yes, 12-0.

Yes the coach for the ravens fucked it up, yes the ravens fucked it up, yes we barely won, yes we are undefeated and yes Shula is a fucking tool.

Lick our nuts, Super Bowl is ours.
      12-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #2
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i; 1999 328i (RIP)

12-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
relax guys.....
Raven defense was superb tonight...they deserved to win this game, but tough luck
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

before anyone rubber stamps that undefeated season, make sure someone calls the Steelers and tell them they're just supposed to lay down and lose. Pittsburgh has a better defense then both the Eagles and the Ravens and the offense neither one had. If the Patriots play next week the same way they've played the last 2, they will be 12-1 after next week.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
spoons
Rep
Drives: SLOBRA

Great game. Excluding the botched possession for a fg to 27, Ravens' defense blew 2 4th down plays with silly penalties. If Pats beat Steelers next week, they should finish 16-0.

Gotta admit, Ed Reed is pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
before anyone rubber stamps that undefeated season, make sure someone calls the Steelers and tell them they're just supposed to lay down and lose. Pittsburgh has a better defense then both the Eagles and the Ravens and the offense neither one had. If the Patriots play next week the same way they've played the last 2, they will be 12-1 after next week.
Are you kidding me? The Steelers who lost to the Jets and beat the Dolphins by 3? Their record would be nowhere near where it is now if they played decent teams.
      12-03-2007, 11:15 PM   #7
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmatty View Post
Are you kidding me? The Steelers who lost to the Jets and beat the Dolphins by 3? Their record would be nowhere near where it is now if they played decent teams.
and the same team that completely demolished the Ravens team that just gave the Patriots all they could handle and then some??? Don't fool yourself, the Steelers love playing the Patriots and if they come to play, the Patriots better have their A game on the field for the full 60.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 11:16 PM   #8
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

So it is the same team that lost to the Jets, the same team the Patriots tore apart? Don't fool yourself.
      12-03-2007, 11:18 PM   #9
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So it is the same team that lost to the Jets, the same team the Patriots tore apart? Don't fool yourself.
every week is different, that's why they play the game on the field and not in a car forum....
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 11:19 PM   #10
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
Yes, 12-0.

Yes the coach for the ravens fucked it up, yes the ravens fucked it up, yes we barely won, yes we are undefeated and yes Shula is a fucking tool.

Lick our nuts, Super Bowl is ours.
You cant run the ball or stop the run, good luck in January against the Steelers, Jaguars or Colts. Their luck will eventually run out.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 11:27 PM   #11
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3 View Post
You cant run the ball or stop the run, good luck in January against the Steelers, Jaguars or Colts. Their luck will eventually run out.
as funny as it sounds, the Colts may be happy they lost to the Patriots and if they play again, it will be outdoors in bad weather. The Colts have a better run defense and the running game you need to survive when the passing game is dead due to weather. The Patriots have shown that they are not the same team in the less than perfect elements and are definitely beatable. They better figure out how to stop the run and get the running game going before the playoffs or it's going to be a short run.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:04 AM   #12
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
as funny as it sounds, the Colts may be happy they lost to the Patriots and if they play again, it will be outdoors in bad weather. The Colts have a better run defense and the running game you need to survive when the passing game is dead due to weather. The Patriots have shown that they are not the same team in the less than perfect elements and are definitely beatable. They better figure out how to stop the run and get the running game going before the playoffs or it's going to be a short run.
exactly, I have Tom Brady on my fantasy team and he was putting up unbelievable numbers during the 1st half of the season when they were playing in warm weather, now the team has to turn to the ground to move the ball in winter weather and well... we've seen the results the last couple weeks, they'll lose somewhere along the road.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #13
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wrong. They've shown that when the elements are at their worst, and the Patriots can't run the ball and struggle to throw the ball, you still can't beat them.
      12-04-2007, 12:12 AM   #14
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

missed the game today but read the play-by-play on NFL.com and was stoked!!! Must have been one hell of a game!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:15 AM   #15
BMWE90
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Did you see the Steelers vs Dolphins game? The weather was so damn bad and the field was so soaked that when the ball fell on the field it stayed there (no bounce whatsoever). But whatever, no point in arguing here since everyone's mind is already made up.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 12:19 AM   #16
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
Did you see the Steelers vs Dolphins game? The weather was so damn bad and the field was so soaked that when the ball fell on the field it stayed there (no bounce whatsoever). But whatever, no point in arguing here since everyone's mind is already made up.
I've played in those same conditions, that was fun as hell. Field was so muddy, both teams were in brown jerseys by the end of the game. Traction was an issue, but each team dealt with it.

That game was low scoring because it was two bad teams on a bad field in bad weather. Just about any team in the NFL could have scored 3 points in that weather. The poor conditions only exposed how bad of a team Pittsburgh is.
      12-04-2007, 01:03 AM   #17
06alpine3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Wrong. They've shown that when the elements are at their worst, and the Patriots can't run the ball and struggle to throw the ball, you still can't beat them.
they beat the ravens and eagles by a HAIR. Neither team is very good. Steelers, Jags and Colts all have a better running game and can cause offenses nightmares by changing blitz schemes and keeping pressure on qb's. Bottom line is that the patriots have proved the last 2 weeks that they are no where close to perfect, and I dont think anyone will be surprised if they lose down the road to 1 of those 3 teams.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 01:20 AM   #18
djmatty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

We'll see if lightning strikes the same place THREE times and the Patriots continue to play this poorly. I wouldn't put money on it, but if you want to, please do.
      12-04-2007, 02:41 AM   #19
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
and the last 2 weeks in those elements they barely got it done against teams that probably couldn't beat Ohio State, LSU or Oklahoma most of the time. They have some major flaws to fix and any of those 3 teams (Steelers, Jags and Colts) all have the offense schemes (passing + solid running game) and defense schemes (can stop the run plus being able to get to the QB with only DL pressure plus solid blitz packages and a physical secondary) that hit the Patriot's weaknesses and are more than capable of beating them. But don't take my word for it, take Rodney's....

"I felt that this was the first time all year that we got bullied," Patriots safety Rodney Harrison said. "We can't allow teams to run the ball and pound it like that. There are times this is a mano-on-mano battle and they were winning it. Tonight's game showed we have a lot of problems and we're going to look at the film and make corrections before we play Pittsburgh."

Last edited by Carnage; 12-04-2007 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #20
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06alpine3 View Post
the Colts and Jaguars? So you are talking playoffs right? Did you forget the Pats are amazing in the playoffs even when we didnt have Moss etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
missed the game today but read the play-by-play on NFL.com and was stoked!!! Must have been one hell of a game!
Oh it was, I was going crazy, so many 4th downs. I was worried as hell. But it was amazing, just i never want them to be that close again this season.

Now the fact of the matter is the Patriots are 12-0. Sure they had 2 bad games. But so have the Steelers so have the rest of their opponents they are scheduled to go against. I am not counting the Steelers out or any team for that matter.

I think what we are seeing is a great team proving themselves. Shit even when they absolutely suck and any other team in the NFL would have loss. They win.

Oh and anyone get extremely pissed at Shula and the guys in the booth last night? They were seriously riding his dick and talking about how he is going to drink champagne and all this blah blah when the Ravens got a touchdown and then made the Pats punt.

Then he leaves with 9 mins left or so. I wanted to hear his reaction. I think he is an absolute tool.

Last edited by DasBlitz; 12-04-2007 at 06:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2007, 06:15 AM   #21
BMW_E90
Major
Rep
Drives: 325i

i cant believe ravens caught the hailmary play at the end.there was like 5 guys on him! too bad it was yard short though.
      12-04-2007, 06:26 AM   #22
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_E90 View Post
i cant believe ravens caught the hailmary play at the end.there was like 5 guys on him! too bad it was yard short though.
I really hate saying anything because I will sound like a douche defending the Pats no matter what but I still will.

First off i bet no one thought it would be caught they all just stood there which was bad but they still stopped him.

Secondly Samuel was being pushed and held by one of the Ravens players and would have easily been called if the refs still wanted the game to go on.

Crazy catch none-the-less but the Pats still won cant believe it.

Oh and now ESPN is saying Brady being Brady...ESPN is so unoriginal.