BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

12-26-2011, 12:16 PM   #23
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutinup View Post
BC I am thinking if IND leather costs $4k, I might as well get the $5k pkg which includes paint AND interior (decent colors). Any thoughts/
For the $5000 package,

Are the exterior colors limited to the usual 3 'standard' Individual colors?

- Azurite Black
- Ruby Black
- Moonstone?

If so, I don't think you can get MCB with an Individual interior for the same $5000. I have not heard of it done before, i.e. substituting a package choice and getting the same deal. But never hurts to ask your CA!
There is no $5000 package

The regular M3 individual paint colors (Moonstone, Azurite Black, Ruby Black, Aventurine Silver) cost $3900 and include individual interior trim, individual audio, and high gloss shadow line.

My Individual Amarone cost $5675 by itself and individual interior is never included with paint. Interior is always an extra charge!

So if you look at my M3 I have $9575
In individual options alone. MCB will be more than my Moonstone was but I think Rust Brown, Champagne, and Platinum is about $1675 cheaper than Amarone (since it was a special request), at $4000.

So all in all I think for inside of $10000 you can get the color combo you are seeking!
      12-26-2011, 12:18 PM   #24
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13" AW/FR EXT E93 M3/ IND trim

All I initially wanted the AW w/Amarone & Piano blk interior, but figured if I figure if i can get the amarone at the 5k cost.....I could do that. Based on my price from Ryan, the MCB may be 5k alone...waiting on price breakout now from him.

Last edited by Nutinup; 12-26-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #25
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Julie......yes...what you said definetly has me worried bc I am thinking the same thing.....no pkg changes for $5k.

Quote:
For the $5000 package,

Are the exterior colors limited to the usual 3 'standard' Individual colors?

- Azurite Black
- Ruby Black
- Moonstone?

If so, I don't think you can get MCB with an Individual interior for the same $5000. I have not heard of it done before, i.e. substituting a package choice and getting the same deal. But never hurts to ask your CA!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #26
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post

The regular M3 individual paint colors (Moonstone, Azurite Black, Ruby Black, Aventurine Silver) cost $3900 and include individual interior trim, individual audio, and high gloss shadow line.

My Individual Amarone cost $5675 by itself and individual interior is never included with paint. Interior is always an extra charge!

In individual options alone. MCB will be more than my Moonstone was but I think Rust Brown, Champagne, and Platinum is about $1675 cheaper than Amarone (since it was a special request), at $4000.

So all in all I think for inside of $10000 you can get the color combo you are seeking!
The US has a special Individual deal for E93 convertible M3s... I think for 2012s only. No such offer for the coupes. No changes to Canadian Individual packages though, you are correct. Although Individual audio is not part of the package anymore, at least for MY 2012.
      12-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #27
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I would be willing to pay the cost of the interior w/AW and get ED even though I dont particularly care for GE (no offense, I was just stationed there from 04-09 before I retired from the Air Force...have seen it all and then some)... IF I can get my mil sales person to order the interior hell I could roll out the door at 65k with all I need (DCT, ZPP, SAT)...but they will adress it after Jan 1st bc of all the military inquiries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 12:47 PM   #28
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Everyone thx for the assistance. Time for bed so I can watch my beloved Atlanta Falcon play at 0530.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #29
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Everyone thx for the assistance. Time for bed so I can watch my beloved Atlanta Falcon play at 0530.
GO FALCONS GO

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
I would be willing to pay the cost of the interior w/AW and get ED even though I dont particularly care for GE (no offense, I was just stationed there from 04-09 before I retired from the Air Force...have seen it all and then some)... IF I can get my mil sales person to order the interior hell I could roll out the door at 65k with all I need (DCT, ZPP, SAT)...but they will adress it after Jan 1st bc of all the military inquiries.
Who are you dealing with? I tried contacting 3 different mil sales companies about individual paint and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Quote:
Again, personal taste, but I feel there is a difference with high gloss black (a standard trim on the regular 3-series). Piano black is real wood, it looks more substantial and of higher quality IMO. But then again, I am a stickler for details.
So the piano black trim is made of real wood? I only looked at it in a 7 series...I didn't see any resemblence of a wood pattern nor did I see the minor waviness that lacquered wood might have. It is glossy, like a black lacquer on a piano. Which to me, being not such a stickler for details, looks like gloss black.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #31
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Update...I am getting the AW w/Amarone and paino blk trim...also added shadow line.

Preice ED delivery $70k
Amarone: 2575 ext
Piano trim: 1080
Shadow: 300 something

This wil most likly be my order bc I the MCB w/Ind leather would push my price point. Not bad on the Amarone....
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
So the piano black trim is made of real wood? I only looked at it in a 7 series...I didn't see any resemblence of a wood pattern nor did I see the minor waviness that lacquered wood might have. It is glossy, like a black lacquer on a piano. Which to me, being not such a stickler for details, looks like gloss black.
I can't remember where I read it, but the Individual Piano Black is different from the non-M 3 series' standard "high gloss black" trim at least, even though both are "high gloss". I could see a difference in person.

EDIT: Found this in the BMW M3 Individual Catalogue:

"BMW Individual wood trims have a magic all their own. They make our cars’ interiors very special indeed, with exclusive grain characteristics and colours that are second to none. A strict selection process and perfect finishing ensure excellent quality. Superior craftsmanship is also an essential factor in creating our Piano Finish Black interior trim. Its brilliant, high-gloss surface is the result of a special process usually only applied by the world’s leading piano makers."

Quote:
Update...I am getting the AW w/Amarone and paino blk trim...also added shadow line.

Preice ED delivery $70k
Amarone: 2575 ext
Piano trim: 1080
Shadow: 300 something

This wil most likly be my order bc I the MCB w/Ind leather would push my price point. Not bad on the Amarone....
Awesome, it will look amazing.
      12-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #33
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Currently (and I do mean as of TODAY) I deal with a guy name Glen at Pentagon Car Sales (PCS) in Spangdahlem. I have purchased 3 BMW vehicles with him previously and was going to order a loaded E93 M3 demo for under $60k...until I decided to go Individual bc I just could not convince myslef to go with FR (if it were more Coral Red I would jump on it). My PCS Rep stated Mil sales does not do Individual order (approved by BMW) requests due to the process and 100% disapprovals rate through the manufacturer (found that to be not true as a few have been accomplished even though they took MONTHS). I have been dealing with Ryan at Steve Thomas BMW and will decide shortly (most likely) to just pick it up in Germany. The cost is close to $$ for $$ with a mil sales order (minus the individual items). Bottom line, as of right now, the Mil Sales program does not officially offer the Individual Program option...but they will be considering it as an option after Jan 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Who are you dealing with? I tried contacting 3 different mil sales companies about individual paint and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Last edited by Nutinup; 12-27-2011 at 12:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #34
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thx Julie.....and I get the feeling you "like" Black? I cant wait to see your photos and thx for the help!

Quote:
I can't remember where I read it, but the Individual Piano Black is different from the non-M 3 series' standard "high gloss black" trim at least, even though both are "high gloss". I could see a difference in person.

EDIT: Found this in the BMW M3 Individual Catalogue:

"BMW Individual wood trims have a magic all their own. They make our cars’ interiors very special indeed, with exclusive grain characteristics and colours that are second to none. A strict selection process and perfect finishing ensure excellent quality. Superior craftsmanship is also an essential factor in creating our Piano Finish Black interior trim. Its brilliant, high-gloss surface is the result of a special process usually only applied by the world’s leading piano makers."

Awesome, it will look amazing.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 03:20 AM   #35
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

hands down, rust brown

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 04:24 AM   #36
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Infamous,

For $71k I am going with the 2012 AW E93 with Amarone /Piano & shadowline trim (bc I want it on the car from the factory...no disrespect to those who do it after the fact), DCT, ZPP, and SAT. I do have a pricing request coming back on MCB with rust brown interior though. On teh MCB order W/O rust brown or paino & shadowline trim, pricing was 72k just for the paint, DCT, ZPP, SAT, and Through Loading System...just w/ blk interior and aluminum trim. All info is ED. I could go basic MCB and black interior w/aluminum trim...would look great..I just have to wrap my taste around that MCB...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
hands down, rust brown
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #37
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
I would Sir
You can check some pics at the link below. I will take some in the next few days and will share them with you.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #38
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Quote:
Infamous,

For $71k I am going with the 2012 AW E93 with Amarone /Piano & shadowline trim (bc I want it on the car from the factory...no disrespect to those who do it after the fact), DCT, ZPP, and SAT. I do have a pricing request coming back on MCB with rust brown interior though. On teh MCB order W/O rust brown or paino & shadowline trim, pricing was 72k just for the paint, DCT, ZPP, SAT, and Through Loading System...just w/ blk interior and aluminum trim. All info is ED. I could go basic MCB and black interior w/aluminum trim...would look great..I just have to wrap my taste around that MCB...
gotcha. i was jus sayin that if u were goin w/ mcb ext, rb is the best int color w/ it imo...
anyways, if ur not in luv w/ mcb, then obviously don't do it. plus the 1k saved can go in2 the ed trip.
lastly aw + amarone is winning, from my knowledge, it has NOT been done yet on an e9x m3. u'll be the 1st, great choice!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:09 PM   #39
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Infamous actually BMLVR has a E90 Moonstone and Amarone which is sexy as hell! I just cant wrap around getting a Blue (at the end of the day) car for a daily driver. The more I look into those individual colors, I really cant see any that REALLY moves me as a daily driver (maybe that Titainum Silver). What do you think about Rust Brown on AW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the infamous... View Post
gotcha. i was jus sayin that if u were goin w/ mcb ext, rb is the best int color w/ it imo...
anyways, if ur not in luv w/ mcb, then obviously don't do it. plus the 1k saved can go in2 the ed trip.
lastly aw + amarone is winning, from my knowledge, it has NOT been done yet on an e9x m3. u'll be the 1st, great choice!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:10 PM   #40
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

What link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave808 View Post
You can check some pics at the link below. I will take some in the next few days and will share them with you.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:12 PM   #41
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

The Rust Brown is the same price as Amarone (2575)....
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #42
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Nutinup, while you're waiting for airwave's pics, here are a couple of pics from C00kedG00se's Individual Hellrot M3 with piano & rust brown...

I find rust brown quite difficult to capture accurately in photos (can look too orange-y). But this seems like a good representation of the color that I saw in person.

Original thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443759

airwave would be able to comment best though, on how exact those are.

I suspect it may be tough for you to decide, lol. All the Individual colors look good IMO.
      12-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #43
Nutinup
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

yeah they do Julie! I am somewhat familiar as I had the same interior and trim in my 335I HT vert in 09...its stunning. I REALLY need to see this Fox Red interior to fairly compare...hell I may like the FR in person. A MAJOR factor also is I cant get any of these interiors non-extended...which I really dont understand if I am paying regardless.

Quote:
Nutinup, while you're waiting for airwave's pics, here are a couple of pics from C00kedG00se's Individual Hellrot M3 with piano & rust brown...

I find rust brown quite difficult to capture accurately in photos (can look too orange-y). But this seems like a good representation of the color that I saw in person.

Original thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443759

airwave would be able to comment best though, on how exact those are.

I suspect it may be tough for you to decide, lol. All the Individual colors look good IMO.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #44
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
In case you were still thinking about MCB and some sort of red/tan interior...

Just doesn't do it for me. There's an estoril M Roadster with a red top in my area that, IMO, looks terrible. The bad thing about blue is that the only interior colors that look good with it are gray and black.

White and rust brown?
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue

Last edited by bigjae1976; 12-28-2011 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0