BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

10-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #23
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03SG///M3 View Post
Sounds like fun. I can't view the video at work but I'll see it when I get home. Have you had the MDCT update? If so, did it solve the threshold braking downshifting issue? Thanks
No I haven't had the update, but I also did not have the downshifting issue. All my runs were in the wet, so I wasn't on the brakes as hard as if it'd be dry. I'd say my braking was 80-90% of dry track braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace996 View Post
Great job, good to see the M on WGI...even in the wet. I did WGI last year in my STI, where it rained, and I will say that the AWD of the STI was in no small part a major benefit. My sessions were not as wet.

Not surprisingly, Watkins is my favorite track...(only did one weekend there) I'd love to get some r-compounds and see what the M3 can do here, as I believe it is a perfect track for the car.

Be good,
TomK
Nice videos. There were a ton of really slow guys in the second group, what was the guy in the red vette doing, holy road rage batman. What does the light between your left and middle guage on top the dash indicate? The one lap was a 2:27. That's quite fast on street tires.
      10-29-2008, 10:46 PM   #24
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
What does the light between your left and middle guage on top the dash indicate? The one lap was a 2:27. That's quite fast on street tires.
That light told me when the methanol-injection was spraying... A custom tune, a full catless exhaust, and methanol/water injection gave me almost 70rwhp/130rwtq...last tune had 320rwhp/380rwtq. I'll miss that car's midrange rush...

I only recorded half the track runs and only on the second (wet) day. My PBox showed my fastest lap of the weekend at a 2:20 the day before..in full dry...my first day on WGI. I was sliding the car WAAAAY too much for safety's sake...tires were toasted...but with the STI it was just too easy.

I'm goingto Limerock on November1st with PDA and will have video and datalogging. I'm very familiar with LRP, but not since the re-do. I'd like to shoot for my street-tire time of my STI of 1:03.5...but I'm not comfortable driving the M with the same aggression, yet. My last track day there...

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkHQW_LSg_g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MkHQW_LSg_g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

Thanks,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2008, 11:11 PM   #25
skierman64
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3-E46M3-E46Wagon-E89Z4-E36

Garage List
1994 325is Race Car  [0.00]
2011 BMW Z4  [0.00]
1998 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2008 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace996 View Post
That light told me when the methanol-injection was spraying... A custom tune, a full catless exhaust, and methanol/water injection gave me almost 70rwhp/130rwtq...last tune had 320rwhp/380rwtq. I'll miss that car's midrange rush...

I only recorded half the track runs and only on the second (wet) day. My PBox showed my fastest lap of the weekend at a 2:20 the day before..in full dry...my first day on WGI. I was sliding the car WAAAAY too much for safety's sake...tires were toasted...but with the STI it was just too easy.

I'm goingto Limerock on November1st with PDA and will have video and datalogging. I'm very familiar with LRP, but not since the re-do. I'd like to shoot for my street-tire time of my STI of 1:03.5...but I'm not comfortable driving the M with the same aggression, yet. My last track day there...

Thanks,
TomK
You should've kept the STI as a track car.
      10-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #26
ace996
NASA/PDA Instructor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
You should've kept the STI as a track car.
I hear you...but there were several reasons why I sold (traded-in) the STI...perhaps when we meet I'll bore you by explaining.

This past season, it wasn't my track car...an '05Elise was. My first and only trackday with it at PoconoFUSA (first time on this track...not a Lotus track - count how many seconds a lap I was "full-throttle"...unreal) on 3yr old stock tires...
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yoTJsKHKx_8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yoTJsKHKx_8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]

I had it for jut onetrack day and although it was the most communicative car I've ever driven, it was slow as a pig and at 6'4"...it was a little too small for me...

I figured I'd trade them both in for a car I could take to work and do a few track days a year with...I still miss the V8s of my prior CTS-V and Z06...and the M3 fit the bill perfectly: a car that fits in at work (I'm a private banker), it has a stick (a must as my wife and I only drive sticks), a great chassis that is more than track-worthy, and a screaming V8. Also, really track-prepping the car would be horrendously expensive with it so I effectively blocked myself from modding the "nice/class" out of it. My trackday schedule will be no more than 5 days a year now, as I've been blessed with a second son, and the need for a separate track car just isn't there.

But I've been cursed with being faithful to my wife but very fickle with my cars. She said if I can keep it for 2 years, she'll take it...and that frees me up for another round of the insanity that is finding a track-car... I'd really love setting-up a dedicated/ferocious 930... never owned a P-car before...and the 930 was "the car" when I was younger.
This stupidity never ends...

I look forward to us meeting up and sharing tarmac next year...

Be good,
TomK

"Arcadian, I've fought countless times, yet I've never met an adversary who could offer me what we Spartans call "A Beautiful Death." I can only hope, with all the world's warriors gathered against us, there might be one down there who's up to the task."Μολὼν λαβέ!!
Appreciate 0