BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

BPM

07-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Test pipes are the best bang for the buck on the M3, you almost have no choice but to do it, and the extra torque is nice!!

The only downside is the noise level when you step on it, it's a bit much for my taste but I think it's quieter then any x-pipe so I'll see how much time I'll endure this!

With the VT-550, test pipes and 94octane I should be right around 600hp, it could be a really close race against a VF620 with stock cats and 91octane... if you ever come near Ottawa...
Dang Alex, I didn't know you were running with stock primaries. You need to get test pipes immediately! Plus Corsa's are that generally loud correct?
In fact I have the test pipes installed for a bit more then a month now, even had time to get two tickets for having a aftermarket exhaust on the car, something that never happended for the 2 years I had just my Corsa exhaust! So now I ordered a M Performance exhaust and installing it this week hoping to fool the cops, and if it does'nt work, I'll take the test pipes off!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
In fact I have the test pipes installed for a bit more then a month now, even had time to get two tickets for having a aftermarket exhaust on the car, something that never happended for the 2 years I had just my Corsa exhaust! So now I ordered a M Performance exhaust and installing it this week hoping to fool the cops, and if it does'nt work, I'll take the test pipes off!
Ouch sorry to hear that. It would be so hard for me to get rid of the test pipes. How about test pipes + replace secondaries with 2 extra resonators + Dinan (which are technically BMW "approved"). And resonators are cheap, like $50 each. That should be pretty tame IMO.

Your cops would HATE my setup
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by W///
Quote:
Ouch sorry to hear that. It would be so hard for me to get rid of the test pipes. How about test pipes + replace secondaries with 2 extra resonators + Dinan (which are technically BMW "approved"). And resonators are cheap, like $50 each. That should be pretty tame IMO.

Your cops would HATE my setup
The cops here don't really care about the sound, they just want to make money on people! They take a picture of your muffler and if it's not original, you got a ticket, they don't even ask you to change it or either go pass an emission test, they don't care if you leave it on the car, that will bring more money to them later! Stupid ass cops around here are more of taxes perceptors then anything, they also do the same thing with window tint!

The ticket they give to people is for having a car with an exhaust that is not original equipment so with the MPE I should be ok!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
track_warrior
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

They are pigs man, fast pigs but you can still feel the weight pretty badly. Stay with the M3.
      05-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #27
carrerars
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

CTS V Wagon vs G Power E90 M3

This was a good race it started near Dodger Stadium and lasted just pass Ave 64 for those of you who now where it is. It started as a pursuit then we up the pace.
The Wagon floored it as soon as traffic cleared up a bit, this happened right after passing Ave 26. The acceleration on the Wagon was impressive for being a 4400lb beast, nice and linear. The physical appearance of the wagon looked to be stock. By the time we passed Ave 43 the wagon was going 130+ thru the turn and was trying to pull away. I'm thinking to myself this wagon has got some talent behind the wheel or is a nut case. I could see the Wagons rear end wanting to step out due to slight steering imput correction while turning (in traffic)! This was very exciting to watch from behind the wheel of the E90. Once we past Ave 64 he backed off at the next turn, a nice fast right hand sweeper. I slowed down to see who it was. I've been in a few road races but this one takes the cake!
It reminded of the 80's movie "Against All Odds" when they were racing on Sunset Blvd. Kudos to the Wagon, if my car was not Super Charged it would of blown my doors off.
Appreciate 0