BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions
Closed Thread

05-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #23
scottz5
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 535xi & 11.75 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by birgppa View Post
My buddy has a 07 or 08 Z06 and I must say its really uncomfortable, lots of noices and when u hit some gravel you cant even hear yourself thinking :P Its a god damn beast tho and it looks stunning. Congrats!
I had a z06 and loved it, but sucked balls as a DD.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #24
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

OP....sick, sick sick car.......Over the last few years the styling of the vettes has just turned filthy (in a good way). Take that with the performance, and the ungodly good gas mileage considering how fast of a sports car it is and you got yourself the complete package.

Only real down side is its a bit tougher to live with as a DD, in fact can't see it as one. But head to head, it will flat out destroy anything BMW, Porsche or Ford makes. What a bang for the buck too....but, they are dangerous cars and take a real pro to take them to their limits.

Only thing sicker than a C6 Zo6 is the ZR-1....

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:27 AM   #25
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

I had a Z06 as well. Amazing performance. Complete monster. It's one of those cars that everyone should own. I'd bet that 95% of the people with super strong opinions (M3>Z06, etc) Never owned both.

Too many people trust youtube and the car mags a tad too much.

I am in the process of supercharging my M3. Going from the Z06 to the M5 and now the M3..I couldn't take ANOTHER downgrade in power
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #26
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Sexy! Congrats! Where in MD are you?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #27
Kartelli
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15 AW M3 DCT

How much did you pay for the 09 3LZ package if you dont mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:21 AM   #28
wwjd15
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 M3 MR

^^ Hey stingray23, I wonder how do you guys think of Z06, ZR1 and Viper ACR? Do you mind elaborating a bit on these cars? I never own an american car before. Looking for something fun for weekend and also a little bit track days. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 11:49 AM   #29
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
I DD mine and wouldnt change a thing. It kills the M3 and most other performance cars in MPG, its comfortable, has all the features you would need, and has tons of space in the hatch. I wouldnt want it any other way.

So then why did you get the M3 if the Z06 is your DD?

All i know is that i was impressed with just test driving a base C6. Z06 would make me shit my pants.
      05-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #30
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
You are simply wrong on this one. So youre telling me this will destroy a GT2, GT2 RS, GT3 RS/4.0, a Ford GT, etc? Not the case.

OP - congrats on a sick car!
I was thinking the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:11 PM   #31
737Drvr
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR/M3

Quote:
Apparently, you never will

X1,000,000,000

nothing new from you

I own both and there is absolutely ZERO comparison between the 2. Looks wise, ZERO. Performance? C'mon!LOL!!! My M3 is my cruiser, while my Z06 is the street bruiser. Its an AWESOME car in every way.

I DD mine and wouldnt change a thing. It kills the M3 and most other performance cars in MPG, its comfortable, has all the features you would need, and has tons of space in the hatch. I wouldnt want it any other way.
You're right, there is no comparison between the two. They are two completely different cars for completely different purposes. But from what I've read from most of your posts, I don't know you have an M3. I get that you like Corvettes and so does every one else on this forum. You're on a BMW forum, what do you expect a lot of the folks on here to lean towards? It seems you like to bash the BMWs when it is a car you own. If you don't like them, then why own one?

I am not a badge monger either. I like to own a variety of cars for their different merits. I've stated before and will say it again, the Corvette is one of the best bang for the buck sports cars out there. The Z06 is probably the "sweet spot" in the line up. I've owned what I consider higher cars on the food chain than the Vette but you won't find me on the Corvette forum ripping on them because I still respect what they are. And, yes, I have owned one. Of course, everyone has their opinions. It just seems your is shall we say anti-BMW. For those that have not owned both, I would say the same thing.

To the OP, the car looks amazing in Black. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #32
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
sweet car! just an awful interior...
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #33
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

There is a guy with an orange Z06 his plates say RC4PNKS or something like that - it sounds amazing.

z06 with exhaust...thats all you need!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #34
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 737Drvr View Post
You're right, there is no comparison between the two. They are two completely different cars for completely different purposes. But from what I've read from most of your posts, I don't know you have an M3. I get that you like Corvettes and so does every one else on this forum. You're on a BMW forum, what do you expect a lot of the folks on here to lean towards? It seems you like to bash the BMWs when it is a car you own. If you don't like them, then why own one?

I am not a badge monger either. I like to own a variety of cars for their different merits. I've stated before and will say it again, the Corvette is one of the best bang for the buck sports cars out there. The Z06 is probably the "sweet spot" in the line up. I've owned what I consider higher cars on the food chain than the Vette but you won't find me on the Corvette forum ripping on them because I still respect what they are. And, yes, I have owned one. Of course, everyone has their opinions. It just seems your is shall we say anti-BMW. For those that have not owned both, I would say the same thing.

To the OP, the car looks amazing in Black. Congrats.

Perfect Post.

I get the same vibe from stingray.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #35
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 SOLD 11 5.0 'Stang

BUY AMERICAN.... support the hard workers of the United States... lol I did, just bought a 2011 Fully loaded (minus glass roof) Mustang Gt Premium 5.0. On order is the Boss 302 Intake manifold, JBL CAI, Kooks LT headers, Magnaflow cat back and tuner and guess what.... I paid for all that less than what an Akra costs alone.... Apparently the 5.0 gives the M3 a run for its money... we will see. I really do not think my new interior is inferior to the M3's... by any stretch of the imagination.
Attached Images

05-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #36
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Not sure if I would ever buy a Vette but it is surely a pretty bad car.

Ever since the announcement of the new seats and interior last week for the 2012s, I have actually been thinking about the possibility of owning one.

Congrats!

Would of been nice if you could of kept the ///M3 too!

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #37
Blotman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
I have no problem with Ford, but I will not ever support a company that took a bailout from the pitiful (understatement of the century) government this country has.
Ford took the bailout? Could have sworn they didn't...

In either case, I wouldn't mind owning an American muscle.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #38
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Fool View Post
BUY AMERICAN.... support the hard workers of the United States... lol I did, just bought a 2011 Fully loaded (minus glass roof) Mustang Gt Premium 5.0. On order is the Boss 302 Intake manifold, JBL CAI, Kooks LT headers, Magnaflow cat back and tuner and guess what.... I paid for all that less than what an Akra costs alone.... Apparently the 5.0 gives the M3 a run for its money... we will see. I really do not think my new interior is inferior to the M3's... by any stretch of the imagination.
Nice looking Mustang. They are great fun for the money. However, I will say that I fall into the camp that thinks the interior is not up to M3 standards. I had a 2011 GT500 and a 2010 M3 so I'm not just basing my opinion on pics or a short test drive. I'm not saying the inside of the Mustang is junk, I like it better than the Vettes I've seen, but I still feel like there is too much hard plastic compared to the BMW. Of course I expect a better interior in the M3 considering the much higher asking price.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #39
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blotman View Post
Ford took the bailout? Could have sworn they didn't...

In either case, I wouldn't mind owning an American muscle.
No Ford got innovative and upped their quality so people would buy and they would not have to accept bail out funds.
      05-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #40
Swedish M3ffia
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2011

I must admit that this corvette looks pretty awesome but here only wannabe immigrants with small pockets drive them. The performence is very respectable but I am having trouble liking it. It is not cool. the m3 is in another division. it is not a 2 seater built of plastic so its you cant really compare them. I think the m3 is much more beautiful, the corvette is for people who like to showoff but doesn't have the penny
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #41
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish M3ffia View Post
I must admit that this corvette looks pretty awesome but here only wannabe immigrants with small pockets drive them. The performence is very respectable but I am having trouble liking it. It is not cool. the m3 is in another division. it is not a 2 seater built of plastic so its you cant really compare them. I think the m3 is much more beautiful, the corvette is for people who like to showoff but doesn't have the penny

Dumbass....... a fucking ZO6 costs more than an M3 and a ZR1 costs more than an M6. Do some research before you post babble. Seriously get over yourself. M3 is awesome, but it is not the "rich mans" car, like you make it out to be. When is the last time you sat in a Vette? When is the last time you drove a Vette?

I really don't know where this Shitty build quality stigma comes from. The Vette is a solid performer on and off the track, in and out of the garage.

Oh BTW... my E90 M3 had as much plastic on the outside as the Vette does... called weight savings.
      05-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #42
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
and in A LOT of cases, thats good.

OP, congrats! you will LOVE it!
Why is it that in EVERY thread that a Vette is mentioned, you always feel the need to defend anything negative said about a Vette and then bash BMW?

Do you hate BMWs? Why do you own one?

As I said many times, Vettes are nice and a great value. They have strengths and weaknesses. Obviously, performance is a strength. However, performance is not the most important thing, especially, on a DD. Vettes suffer from many short comings that I am sure you are aware of, although you may not want to admit it.

I think most people on this forum agree that Vettes are:

1. fast as hell
2. visually appealing as they look like a super car (Z06, ZR1, etc...)
3. Great bang for the buck
4. Not as well rounded of a car than an ///M3
5. Suffer from poor craftsmanship (interior) and use plenty of parts that seem to belong on a Cobalt
6. Anything other than the magnetic suspension offers a very rough ride
7. Usually driven by guys, in their mid-50s who have mullets (J/K LOL!)

-SZ
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #43
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I agree with Stingray's take on the Z06 and BMW in general. I love the M3 and have said countless times I think it makes for one of (if not THE) best DD's out there where you get comfort, utility, refinement and performance all in one package.

I wouldn't expect to get loads of accolades on a BMW forum for any other car besides a Bimmer.

I also agree with Greg (shift@red) about the Z06 vs GT2, Ford GT, etc. But then again we are talking different price points as well.

As far as the interior goes, here is my 4LT interior (same as a 3ZR in a Z06/ZR1). No, it's not Porsche, Audi quality but "awful" is also not accurate. I don't find the M3 interior to be a big upgrade over a 4LT/3ZR Vette. Hell, nearly all of the auto rags call the interior "spartan".
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #44
M3Fool
Loves FFDP
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
I agree with Stingray's take on the Z06 and BMW in general. I love the M3 and have said countless times I think it makes for one of (if not THE) best DD's out there where you get comfort, utility, refinement and performance all in one package.

I wouldn't expect to get loads of accolades on a BMW forum for any other car besides a Bimmer.

I also agree with Greg (shift@red) about the Z06 vs GT2, Ford GT, etc. But then again we are talking different price points as well.

As far as the interior goes, here is my 4LT interior (same as a 3ZR in a Z06/ZR1). No, it's not Porsche, Audi quality but "awful" is also not accurate. I don't find the M3 interior to be a big upgrade over a 4LT/3ZR Vette. Hell, nearly all of the auto rags call the interior "spartan".
Very nice......... not over done with driver distracting buttons and gadgets. I Like it.