BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #23
Krozi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White

I hope she stumps her toe really hard.

2008 E92 ///M3 Alpine White//Fox Red//6MT//
Florida Bimmer - Join us on FaceBook!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
BMWSpeedFreek
Lt Col. …who can’t wait for his next track day!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I am lucky in that I drive my car to work where I have plenty of secure and covered parking...and my wife and daughter rarely ride in the M3. They do, however enjoy just going for a drive in the M5...usually to a shopping centre, where I drop them off and then I go for a blast on the autobahn by myself.

And on the good side, I've only forgotten to pick them up once, which isn't bad.

"I don't park my car very often, but when I do, I always embrace my OCD"

SF out
•'12 E92 M3 Space Grey/M-DCT/ZCP/ZPP/DINAN/ACM Test Pipes/BPM StageII Tune & Coding/M Perf Exhaust, Race seats, Alcantra V2 steering wheel, gloss grills/ModeCarbon GTS wing/GTS DCT Tune, CF int trim, door sills/LUX H8 V3/CSF race oil cooler/Trackspec hood vents/GT4 Rep CF splitter & rotor ducting/Hawk DTC60/KW CS 2way NR/B'world/Hotchkis/Eibach/Apex
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #25
Radiation Joe
Veni Vidi Vici
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 JB/BBe-6sp-e90

Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
A guy at work had a gust of wind blow his driver's door into my passenger side door. Left a giant dent in the body line. We had a thousand contract workers at the plant for an outage. He could have just driven off. Instead, he took the time to write a note and leave his contact information. I was so impressed, I told him not to worry about it and had the dealership take care of it next time I went in.

There still are a few decent folks out there.

Dinan compliment of stuff plus PF rotors and RG63s. Enough for now.
Why, yes. I am an abrasive bastard.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #26
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
I hate to get door dings or scratches but I've always wanted to witness the other person to do it to my car just so I can catch them in the act and raise hell on them. Is that not normal? Hahahah obviously I hate damage but trying to see an individual talk his/her way out of not paying for damages to the car would be worth while to me and you get to rip them a new one
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by thai357sig View Post
When I got home, I hit the remote to the garage door. I live in a cull de sac, so I pull in the middle of the cull de sac to back up into my garage, a dumb as kid in a white carolla decides he couldn't wait the 5 second maneuver and proceeds to go behind me between my M and m garage just as I was backing up. I was so pissed!
The impatience of a lot of people is unbelievable. We were backing out of our driveway recently when a girl in a Mazda SUV approached quickly. She was not even on our block at the time we started backing out, but she ripped around the corner onto our block so fast that she was on top of us, facing us before I was fully backed out onto the street. I put up my finger in a "wait" gesture as I started to pull forward on the street and go, but she gunned it, shooting head-on between us and the curb, missing my front bumper by inches. I was absolutely stunned. I hope she really had to go to the bathroom...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoM3 View Post
good luck buddy. hope it gets fixed and she learns her lesson. I had something similar happen; I saw someone backing in to park in front of me one time, luckily I was still there and hasn't left yet. Well, I didn't want to stand there watching the female driver back into the spot and say something before she actually does hit my car because maybe she wasn't going to hit my car, but at the same time I didn't want to wait till it's too late. I decided to just stand in front of my car with the back of my legs literally touching my front bumper. It probably wasn't smart to do so, but it was an instant reaction to take the hit for my baby just in case. She actually rolls down her window, sticks her head out and asks me to move so she can park. I told her that I was physically touching my car with the back of my legs, so if I move, she will be hitting my car. she had plenty of room to park that little car she was driving. I watch her get out of her car after parking, she turns to me and says, "that's why it's called a bumper, so it's okay to bump it". I really was lost for words at that point. she goes on to where ever she was heading to, leaving me standing there with my mouth still open in shock. I only thought about it for five seconds before I decided to get back in my car and go park some place else.
I think that's a big part of the problem--people are either truly oblivious to the damage that even a little tap can cause, and/or they simply don't care about anyone other than themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arben72 View Post
People still park there lifted trucks next to me when I do that. I started cramming it into a corner as far as possible but not to far to attract attention.
I really think some a-holes consider it a sport to park on top of nice cars in parking lots, just to make the owners nuts. It's a jealousy/passive-aggressive thing. I wouldn't park sideways or take up two spots, because that's just rude and is asking for trouble. But just parking far away in a lot also seems to attract jerks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_TRADER View Post
Something similar happened to me too in the m3. I park at the far end of a Starbucks lot where there are no cars. Some 20 yo bimbo in a nasty pt cruiser decides to reverse into my rear bumper while she was talking on the phone. Didn't even know she was reversing probably because she was so caught up in convo. The wife and I witnessed this as we came out of stsrbucks. She was about to flee when I jumped in front of her car and started filming. I told her to give me her information and that she hit my car. She basically threw it at me and kept talking on the phone. Bitch wouldn't even get out of her car to look at the damage. She stayed in the car and kept saying she was late for work and she started crying as if I was inconvenicing HER.

After I made her stop and photograph everything, I find out later that she has no valid insurance. Thank god for buying uninsured motorist.
The freedom of driving is part of the individualism and liberty of this country, and often a necessity in rural areas where things are so far apart. But I also think that driving should be considered a privilege and not a God-given right--drivers' ed should be much more rigorous; licensing should be much tougher, on a par with some European countries; kids should be much more restricted; seniors should be retested every year; and having valid insurance should be absolutely enforced--you get caught driving without insurance (and it's not due to a paperwork glitch), you're done driving. Period.
      11-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #28
PrimoM3
Chemofski
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X5M

Buy a couple of foam blocks and 3M temporary double sided tape from a craft store. Keep them in the trunk. When you go somewhere where parking is front to back, or close side to side, put them on the bumpers or doors. Costs about $5 and is quick/easy protection.

I don't do this, but I've often thought about it...

Something like this:

'13 Space Gray/Mugello Red X5///M
Pavement Punisher | Snow Muncher | Family and Board Hauler | Roadtripper
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #29
Gkap
BMF Movement
Canada
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

what a bitch.

She could have at least apologized and offered to pay for the damages.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #30
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreek View Post
I feel for you dude.

After parking my car(s), I now take a quick (but in-focus) cellphone picture of each car's licence plate that is parked beside me and a photo of my door panels using the reflections to show the unmarked finish. And when I get back to the car (no issues so far - fingers crossed!), I delete the photos of the other cars. Simple.

However, waaaay too OCD my wife says...

I still park in spots well away from minivans, cars with booster seats, beaters, and will always prefer to park next to other higher-end cars (P-cars, well-kept Mercs, etc)...that includes paying more to park closer to the airport terminal so my beast is safely with other higher-end cars.

Funny though - it seems like there is a whole risk-assessment science in owning and parking nice cars in public. Who knew?

SF
How does a photo of a car parked next to you provide evidence that they damaged your car? If they did damage your car and not leave a note, then they are also the type to deny they damaged your car if you tracked them down at a later date.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #31
BMWSpeedFreek
Rep

Here in Germany, police reports apparently want lots of details.

As for the plate photo, if there is any paint transfer on a dent, then I have some definitive info for the police. Besides, if it is unclear if it was the previous car that dinged my door, or the new car that parked beside me while I was away that dinged my door, then at least I have some photos to show the police and my insurance so they can then decide how they want to proceed.

Meh, dunno if it'll be all worth it should it ever happen but it does give me a certain amount of peace of mind. I can live with that.

SF
•'12 E92 M3 Space Grey/M-DCT/ZCP/ZPP/DINAN/ACM Test Pipes/BPM StageII Tune & Coding/M Perf Exhaust, Race seats, Alcantra V2 steering wheel, gloss grills/ModeCarbon GTS wing/GTS DCT Tune, CF int trim, door sills/LUX H8 V3/CSF race oil cooler/Trackspec hood vents/GT4 Rep CF splitter & rotor ducting/Hawk DTC60/KW CS 2way NR/B'world/Hotchkis/Eibach/Apex
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 05:25 AM   #32
MMMMM3
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jerez Black e90 M3 DCT

Quote:
So I come out of the restaurant, after having dinner with wife and kids to find a bimbo parked illegally infront of me with her Honda Fit bumper pressed up against mine. WTF?!!! She had a guy in the passenger seat and she comes out of a Thai restaurant picking up carry out. She says to me after noticing me inspecting her "fucked up, careless I don't care if this is an expensive car" attitude. She says "I'm leaving." I replied you parked on top of my bumper. She replies "Oh really" , gets in her car and takes off before I can inspect the damage. I noted her license plate, model, make, color.

After I get home I notice the scuff marks on mu bumper. I call the police they file a case and All I wanted was the Bimbo to pay for the buffing. Now the PoPo will pay her a visit and hand her a citation for leavin the scene.

I feel bad for her, but for her Montgomery County Occupied Wall Street mentality, I kinda feel vindicated. Especially after the recent door ding and two nice screw dents in my bumper from another fool hitting my bumper previously.

How many of us here have suffered from inconsiderate knuckleheads?
That shit cray, what she order, fish fillet?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
MoCo fail. Hope you get things straightened out!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 08:33 AM   #34
carbon//m3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: m4 vert

Wow, that sucks.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #35
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreek View Post
Here in Germany, police reports apparently want lots of details.

As for the plate photo, if there is any paint transfer on a dent, then I have some definitive info for the police. Besides, if it is unclear if it was the previous car that dinged my door, or the new car that parked beside me while I was away that dinged my door, then at least I have some photos to show the police and my insurance so they can then decide how they want to proceed.

Meh, dunno if it'll be all worth it should it ever happen but it does give me a certain amount of peace of mind. I can live with that.

SF
I think it was the fact that she just drove off that got her in trouble. It will probably be just s couple hundred dollars to buff out. She could of just handled it between her and I. But she decided to be slick.

I will get the police report call her insurance and show up at court to put the icing on the cake. In any regards it will impact her one way or another.
      11-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
injustice
Private
Rep
Drives: 18 F15 Space Grey

Quote:
I think it was the fact that she just drove off that got her in trouble. It will probably be just s couple hundred dollars to buff out. She could of just handled it between her and I. But she decided to be slick.

I will get the police report call her insurance and show up at court to put the icing on the cake. In any regards it will impact her one way or another.
Awesome, keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #37
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

I hope to Po actually pay her a visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
Robz26
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3

I once had to street park, so I chose a large spot with a couple feet of clearance on either side.

I get back to my car the next day-- the car in front had been replaced with a minivan that parked <2" from my front bumper... and the car in back was replaced with a coupe that parked <1" from my rear bumper...

*** Meanwhile, the coupe had an empty (fire hydrant) spot behind it! So the asshole intentionally moved up to within one inch of my bumper just to be as far from the hydrant as possible, even though he had ample clearance regardless. ***

What would you guys do?

It was 5:00 AM and I had an important meeting, so I did the 100x reverse-forward-reverse-forward routine and finally got out with minor scratches on both sides.

I've heard of people who would just push the rear car back to right in front of the hydrant... the 414 HP should easily do it, but I imagine this would scratch my bumper like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #39
thai357sig
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Since I have the police report number I would imagine they have to follow through win the citation. Also I was informed that her insurance information will be included in the report. They can only do that by paying her a visit.
      11-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #40
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robz26 View Post
I once had to street park, so I chose a large spot with a couple feet of clearance on either side.

I get back to my car the next day-- the car in front had been replaced with a minivan that parked <2" from my front bumper... and the car in back was replaced with a coupe that parked <1" from my rear bumper...

*** Meanwhile, the coupe had an empty (fire hydrant) spot behind it! So the asshole intentionally moved up to within one inch of my bumper just to be as far from the hydrant as possible, even though he had ample clearance regardless. ***

What would you guys do?

It was 5:00 AM and I had an important meeting, so I did the 100x reverse-forward-reverse-forward routine and finally got out with minor scratches on both sides.

I've heard of people who would just push the rear car back to right in front of the hydrant... the 414 HP should easily do it, but I imagine this would scratch my bumper like crazy.
I hope this never ever happens to me, however, if it does I have some notices in my glove compartment that read ....

"Next time you park that close to my car please leave me a can opener so that I may get into my car"

Does not exactly apply to your situation I know, still it is something we need for there are a whole bunch of idiots out there that have no respect for other people's property.

PS. Backing up and pushing the guy back I don't recommend for damage to your rear end might run a few $1,000-

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Do not feel bad for her, she was plain reckless!
Not just plain reckless, she was informed that she damaged someone else's property and still left the scene. That's criminal behavior.

By the way, you ARE responsible for this sort of damage. My wife was recently sideswiped by a kid on a bicycle who was riding on the wrong side of the street and ran through a stop sign-before realizing that she was there stuck in traffic in front of a school.

He scraped along her passenger door, causing almost $3k damage. There was an officer RIGHT there (how often does that happen) who took the report. His mom ended up covering ALL costs.

It isn't only an actual MVA that you are responsible for. ANY damage you do to another person's property is your responsibility.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:05 AM   #42
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:

What would you guys do?

This happens in San Francisco as well. I try to avoid parking in certain locations as much as possible. Depending on the neighborhood and type of people/cars that are there, they will mess with your car.

Also, some people don't really care. They really do feel that bumpers are for bumping.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:06 AM   #43
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoM3 View Post
Buy a couple of foam blocks and 3M temporary double sided tape from a craft store. Keep them in the trunk. When you go somewhere where parking is front to back, or close side to side, put them on the bumpers or doors. Costs about $5 and is quick/easy protection.

I don't do this, but I've often thought about it...

Something like this:

This is more like it. Unfortunately they don't actually include the C4 or the pressure switch, but a bit of ingenuity...

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #44
BMWSpeedFreek
Rep

Quote:

What would you guys do?

oUCH!

That sounds like Paris France where bumper cars is game everyone plays!

If time and $ permitted, I'd call a towtruck to have him drag the other car away (pretending it was mine)...hehehe...then jump in my car and get it free.

That said, I def would not leave a card on some jackasses window and my car still parked there - tho' once I got my car out I sure would!
Appreciate 0