BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

04-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Yeah WTF, OVER invoice???
Oh man, terrible post. Sorry. I read "invoice" as "sticker".
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #24
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Thank you for sharing with us about your great deal.

But, you have have to understand the consensus of opinons here....you should share with the group who the dealership is...In addition, please share with us your negotiation techniques.

Some of us (me) have a deposit and are waiting for our allocation to place an order. If there are deals to be made, please share because you obviously are great at getting a deal.

Last, why are you protecting the stealership? As long as you got your deal, what loyality do you have to the stealer? You would rather let you fellow BMW enthusiast get pounded by the stealer? Makes no sense.

I am not saying that you are lying about your deal, just don't come in here and not share that facts of your deal and negotating techniques.

Otherwise, it feels like a cock-block...

Last edited by ideliver; 04-14-2008 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:14 PM   #25
LittleRocket
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Otherwise, it feels like a cock-block...[/QUOTE]

I would say more of a Cock tease then a Cock-block
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #26
LittleRocket
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;2482936
I would say more of a Cock tease then a Cock-block[/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:20 PM   #27
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

at least tell us what State they are in?
      04-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #28
hooligan55
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3, 05 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Thank you for sharing with us about your great deal.

But, you have have to understand the consensus of opinons here....you should share with the group who the dealership is...In addition, please share with us your negotiation techniques.

Some of us (me) have a deposit and are waiting for our allocation to place and order. If there are deals to be made, please share because you obviously are great at getting a deal.

Last, why are you protecting the stealership? As long as you got your deal, what loyality do you have to the stealer? You would rather let you fellow BMW enthusiast get pounded by the stealer? Makes no sense.

I am not saying that you are lying about your deal, just don't come in here and not share that facts of your deal and negotating techniques.

I think the poster might be helpful in stating what state/region he got the price for, but what other information do you need? The price he got simply reflects the current supply/demand situation and he's giving you specific information on where cars are "trading." You should be able to figure out pretty easily how to use this information in your price negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:41 AM   #29
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

I fugures out the State! its the State of confusion? or is that State of denial?
      04-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #30
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3MC, 2019 Audi TT RS

This is a very retarded and useless thread!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #31
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoney View Post
This is a very retarded and useless thread!
Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Ah, looks like you paid close to MSRP too. I'm seeing a pattern here.

The reason I didn't come in here blaring the dealer's name was that, as you know, nothing is set it stone until the papers are signed. I didn't want to jeopardize my discount. I'll talk to them tomorrow however, even though he asked I keep it on the "down low" and for the people that replied with an understanding tone and are truly interested, I'll convey the relevant information if my dealer is OK with it.

Who knows, maybe he will be. I just have to be sure.

Last edited by eluder; 04-14-2008 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #32
Alumac
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prudently

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluder View Post
Just wanted to let you guys know, I just secured $1500 on an M3 sedan, base MF. It can be done guys!
Most sedans I have seen are going with some kind of discount.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:00 PM   #33
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumac View Post
Most sedans I have seen are going with some kind of discount.
Yep, great news for us 4 door guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #34
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Ah, looks like you paid close to MSRP too. I'm seeing a pattern here.

The reason I didn't come in here blaring the dealer's name was that, as you know, nothing is set it stone until the papers are signed. I didn't want to jeopardize my discount. I'll talk to them tomorrow however, even though he asked I keep it on the "down low" and for the people that replied with an understanding tone and are truly interested, I'll convey the relevant information if my dealer is OK with it.

Who knows, maybe he will be. I just have to be sure.
I wouldn't consider 1500 off close to MSRP.....
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #35
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

Others would. It doesn't really matter though. As long as we're both happy, who cares? We're both getting Alpine White too!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 02:50 PM   #36
BMoney
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Others would. It doesn't really matter though. As long as we're both happy, who cares? We're both getting Alpine White too!
I'm satisfied....Although I'm always trying for more. My goal was to get under 1K a month. Now I'm trying to get closer to the $899.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 03:39 PM   #37
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
If it doesn't matter why would you hate on that amount and say "you see a trend"?

It doesn't add up.
      04-14-2008, 03:57 PM   #38
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
If it doesn't matter why would you hate on that amount and say "you see a trend"?

It doesn't add up.
Are we in the same thread? I've done anything but hate, converse to what I've received. Perceiving a trend, a passive action, is "hating"? Or is it my stating that he paid MSRP, a widely available fact? Are you grasping at anything now for contention?

Your injection of speculation into this thread is cute, but really, if it doesn't add up, you'd best stay clear then I'd assume. This thread's pretty sketchy after all and that being the case, you shouldn't even post here. I know I wouldn't want anything to do with something as shady as this! It's obvious I'm here to lie and try to trick everyone into thinking they got reamed on pricing. It's clear that I have a hidden agenda.

Hide your wallets. Lock your doors.

Last edited by eluder; 04-14-2008 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 05:24 AM   #39
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

i just got an '09 m3 for 2k over invoice in guam. but don't tell anybody that i told you that.

this thread is retarded and i just contributed to it with my dumbshit post. so there you go.

congrats on getting the deal. but if you are going to post on here and aren't even willing to say what state you purchased in, don't get pissed when people start questioning your credibility.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #40
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Are we in the same thread? I've done anything but hate, converse to what I've received. Perceiving a trend, a passive action, is "hating"? Or is it my stating that he paid MSRP, a widely available fact? Are you grasping at anything now for contention?

Your injection of speculation into this thread is cute, but really, if it doesn't add up, you'd best stay clear then I'd assume. This thread's pretty sketchy after all and that being the case, you shouldn't even post here. I know I wouldn't want anything to do with something as shady as this! It's obvious I'm here to lie and try to trick everyone into thinking they got reamed on pricing. It's clear that I have a hidden agenda.

Hide your wallets. Lock your doors.
Wow, you have added quite a lot of sentences since I first read this post.

What were hoping to do by posting this thread. Telling people to call every dealer in the nation cause you got a good deal and can't reveal what area/dealer you got it at. How much help do you really think that is? Most people can come up with that kind of strategy on their own. How do you think people are going to be able to negotiate that price at a dealer when the dealer asks what dealer is offering that price and the buyer responds with "no idea, read it off the internet"? They'll immediately be laughed right out of the dealer.
Enjoy your "secret" deal and thanks for helping the community out.
      04-15-2008, 06:39 AM   #41
djburkeen
Private
Rep
Drives: e70 x5 50i

Quote:

What were hoping to do by posting this thread. Telling people to call every dealer in the nation cause you got a good deal and can't reveal what area/dealer you got it at. How much help do you really think that is? Most people can come up with that kind of strategy on their own. How do you think people are going to be able to negotiate that price at a dealer when the dealer asks what dealer is offering that price and the buyer responds with "no idea, read it off the internet"? They'll immediately be laughed right out of the dealer.

M3....2018 BSM on Silverstone, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #42
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:

Agreed. Without specifics the info is useless IMO. Good for the OP though.

Before the OP attacks me for paying close to MSRP, let me say that I paid a little under MSRP knowing I could have gotten a deal on the car if I was willing to wait until the end of summer for delivery, but I want to spend this spring/summer with this car and that is worth not getting a significant discount for me. Life's too short...
      04-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #43
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

My goal was to let people know that if they were looking for closer-to-invoice pricing, it was available. I'm not going to find the deal for anyone. I found it myself, so can you. Don't be angry because everything wasn't handed to you in a nicely sealed envelope.

This won't deter me however. As long as someone reads this and is able to get a little better discount with their own dealer or perhaps another, I'll be happy.

Last edited by eluder; 04-15-2008 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 10:03 AM   #44
eluder
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Agreed. Without specifics the info is useless IMO. Good for the OP though.

Before the OP attacks me for paying close to MSRP, let me say that I paid a little under MSRP knowing I could have gotten a deal on the car if I was willing to wait until the end of summer for delivery, but I want to spend this spring/summer with this car and that is worth not getting a significant discount for me. Life's too short...
Take the time to read my posts and please, highlight the section(s) where I attacked anyone for paying close to MSRP.
Appreciate 0