BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

09-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #925
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Ya, well at least not ending that quickly. IMO, if Jake wants to move up the ladder, he seriously needs to focus on his striking/standup.
I thought he did well against GSP in the striking aspect but agree he needs to improve a lot. It seems like there's been a few strikers v ground fighters lately and the strikers have been coming off a lot better. I think you need to have excellent take-downs if that's your best strategy.

Also thought the Rampage v Jones interview during Fight Night was funny as! I think this will be the final test for Jones in the LHW division, Rampage has a strong chin and lots of power, interesting to see how Jones can handle it if he goes for broke. Otherwise we all know how impressive Jones can be. Should be a great fight.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #926
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I thought he did well against GSP in the striking aspect but agree he needs to improve a lot. It seems like there's been a few strikers v ground fighters lately and the strikers have been coming off a lot better. I think you need to have excellent take-downs if that's your best strategy.

Also thought the Rampage v Jones interview during Fight Night was funny as! I think this will be the final test for Jones in the LHW division, Rampage has a strong chin and lots of power, interesting to see how Jones can handle it if he goes for broke. Otherwise we all know how impressive Jones can be. Should be a great fight.
I'm sure Shields would have lasted longer but his mind wasn't in the right place. As a fan I'm glad he stayed and fought it out but from a career standpoint, he should have pulled out.

Ellenberger's power in his hands are crazy strong.

Rampage/Jones interview was ok but the end when they just started talking shit, that's when it got good. Rogan's eyes starting to open up lol. was so funny,
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 02:40 PM   #927
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Man I hope Rampage has a good showing.
I just feel like that killer instinct is gone. I hope I am wrong.
I like Jon Jones as well, but will be routing Rampage on just to see him on top again.
I fear it will not happen. Jones is a natural born killer man! You cant teach some of that stuff, you either got it or you dont!

Shields looked off balance and week from the get go. I hate to criticize the guy after everything he went through, but he was def off the mark.
      09-19-2011, 03:30 PM   #928
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
I personally dont think Rampage has it anymore. Neither the drive, or the inclination to take fighting seriously enough to go for the title. Hes making more money now with his 2 bit acting... We have seen the last of QRJs title runs.

After Forest took him with leg kicks it was all down hill. Man, I realy wanted him to kick the shit out of Rashad too. Bummer.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 07:08 AM   #929
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, i def didnt see it ending that way either. Im not sure if Shields was off or not, he tends to look sloppy at times on his feet and just got caught w/ a vicious knee. GSP needs to pay attention, thats how you put Shields away when you got him hurt!

so Hendo is signed to a new deal and is fighting Shogun at UFC 139, sick fight!

I also got Jones, hope Rampage KOs him but highly unlikely, we will prob see a similar fight like the one against shogun
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 07:30 AM   #930
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
yea, i def didnt see it ending that way either. Im not sure if Shields was off or not, he tends to look sloppy at times on his feet and just got caught w/ a vicious knee. GSP needs to pay attention, thats how you put Shields away when you got him hurt!

so Hendo is signed to a new deal and is fighting Shogun at UFC 139, sick fight!

I also got Jones, hope Rampage KOs him but highly unlikely, we will prob see a similar fight like the one against shogun
Rampage just doesnt move a lot. These younger more elastic guys are much quicker and their maneuverability is just better.
Rampage will stalk his prey and just trade punches where Jones is much more tactical and will probably pick him apart. Rampage will get a few good shots in on him, if one lands clean, good chance he wins, but Jones wont be standing still trading shots with him I dont think.

I want to see Rampage come out to fight as if his life depended on it. If not, then hang it up!
      09-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #931
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Wandi replacing Belfort against Cung Le
      09-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #932
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Wandi replacing Belfort against Cung Le
just saw that, WTF are they thinking? I love Wandi as much as the next guy but you are just asking for another vicious KO by putting him against Le. The Belfort fight made sense since he is still a monster, those days are long gone for Wandi, truly hope I'm wrong and he comes back like the old Wandi
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 12:39 PM   #933
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
just saw that, WTF are they thinking? I love Wandi as much as the next guy but you are just asking for another vicious KO by putting him against Le. The Belfort fight made sense since he is still a monster, those days are long gone for Wandi, truly hope I'm wrong and he comes back like the old Wandi
I think this can shape up to be a decent fight. Wandi fights with reckless abandon at times and this may be just what defeats Le. I dont think Wandi will win, but he might, that is the great thing about Wandi's fights, you just never know. Lots of power in those hands.
      09-21-2011, 02:01 PM   #934
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpmnE9zero View Post
I think this can shape up to be a decent fight. Wandi fights with reckless abandon at times and this may be just what defeats Le. I dont think Wandi will win, but he might, that is the great thing about Wandi's fights, you just never know. Lots of power in those hands.
i would agree if he was fighting a guy like Bisping, who is a good fighter but not really known for KO power. But Le has finished all his fights by KO, Frank Shamrock broke his forearm just trying to block his kicks. you are right though anything can happen in his fights, I just figured the UFC would throw him an easier match up after such a devastating loss
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #935
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

UFC 135 Countdown Vid:

http://ironforgesiron.com/2011/09/vi...page-vs-jones/

Wandy vs Le, shoulds till be a great fight
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:31 AM   #936
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Cung Le could go for a title run if he so chose to do so, he still has the talent and power.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 03:29 AM   #937
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Fair bit of hype behind the Rampage v Jones fight. I hope it's real and it's not purely to up-sell the fight.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:32 AM   #938
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
anyone see the TUF season premier yesterday? holy crap, I dont think there's ever been so many good fights in all 13 season combined
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:41 AM   #939
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
anyone see the TUF season premier yesterday? holy crap, I dont think there's ever been so many good fights in all 13 season combined
Nah didn't realise it's out. I'll get onto it now. I get most of my UFC news from you lately, you're my source as I'm on this forum all the time

I just watched UFC countdown though, it's pretty good. I didn't realise Rampage was so committed to this camp by 'literally' living in the gym. I thought he was just joking when he would say that. I'm not sure how relevant his training was though, I didn't see many other fighters.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:53 AM   #940
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Nah didn't realise it's out. I'll get onto it now. I get most of my UFC news from you lately, you're my source as I'm on this forum all the time

I just watched UFC countdown though, it's pretty good. I didn't realise Rampage was so committed to this camp by 'literally' living in the gym. I thought he was just joking when he would say that. I'm not sure how relevant his training was though, I didn't see many other fighters.
Hey bro, I provide the news as well lol!!!

I seriously think Rampage's conditioning will be fine. I wish I had a facility like that to workout at, it's got everything!!! I'd love to try the pool treadmill

I don't know if Le's got it for a run at the title. I'm willling to perdict he's gonna be slower than the last time we saw him in the cage.

I DLed TUF ep 1 last night. I heard from an interview from Miller that this season will have crazy ass fights are fucked up antics. Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 10:49 AM   #941
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Hey bro, I provide the news as well lol!!!

I seriously think Rampage's conditioning will be fine. I wish I had a facility like that to workout at, it's got everything!!! I'd love to try the pool treadmill

I don't know if Le's got it for a run at the title. I'm willling to perdict he's gonna be slower than the last time we saw him in the cage.

I DLed TUF ep 1 last night. I heard from an interview from Miller that this season will have crazy ass fights are fucked up antics. Can't wait!
Lol you're a good source too but escobar929 has brought up a few new breaking stories that are happening that I haven't seen on my usual MMA sites that I go to.

I think we might see a rejuvenated Rampage too. I really like that gym, has everything you could want but just seems a bit lonely lol.

Don't spill the beans on TUF yet, I'm yet to watch it! I love good fights.

Did anyone see the latest GSP interview by any chance? He gets asked a few questions about fighting Silva. He doesn't seem anymore interested than what he was a year ago though but its worth checking out. It's about a week old.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #942
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
lol as a software engineer, i have a lot of free time, so i read a lot of mma and nfl articles in my down time

I too hope we see a rejuvenated Rampage, i just dont like the way Jones has been acting lately. He's starting to come off a two-faced. In some interview he says how humble and religious he is, then another minute and he's talking shit like if this was Rampage v Rashard on TUF. Maybe he's just young and trying to figure out who he really is but he's coming off as fake and Rampage totally called him out on it and he didnt have much of an answer. Maybe getting KOed will get him back to where he used to be before he won the belt

I saw that GSP interview, he's such a great talent, I wish he still had that killer instinct he had early in his career. Maybe that GSP would have been interested in fighting Anderson. But to be honest, I dont want to see that fight anymore, Jones vs Anderson seems like the better match up. If Jones doesnt loose all his momentum this weekend, then maybe we see this fight by the end of next year
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #943
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Ya I'm surprised that Rampage's only got a few training partners there. They gym is really big for so little people. BUT in another video (not countdown show), you can tell there's more people there training.

If Jones does win and gets a 3 fight title defense on, I think the fight with silva could actually happen.

Could someone link up the GSP interview? He's got a lot more fights to go through all of a sudden in the past month. condit, diaz, ellenberger(1 more top 5ww fight), macdonald (3 more fights possibly).

if Anderson wins his next fight, he'll have a 12 title defense win streak........ >_<
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:37 AM   #944
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
yea, thats why I was thinking end of next year for Jones v Anderson, maybe fight Rashad in late Jan, then winner of Shogun/Henderson in July, then if still champ, a fight w/ Anderson in Nov/Dec. Prob wont happen but we can dream right?

and true, 170 has gotten pretty stacked out of no where. Ellenberger has set himself apart from the pack, McDonald is pretty close as well, he has a tough fight w/ Ebersole coming up. Diaz of course, Dana White said, if he beats BJ, he's right back as the #1 contender. Johnny Hendricks is another guy on the up and up, he's got Fitch next, who I hope he takes out

I dont have access to most video sites while at work, hopefully someone else can link you it
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #945
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Some hungry kids on there man. Should be a good season, I fear a lot of stuff gonna happen in that house tho!
      09-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #946
SpmnE9zero
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
I would love to see Jones vs Silva!