BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

09-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Bmwboy018
Rep
Drives: Waiting for e92 M3

PDC

Hey Guys,

Just been reading some past posts about pdc. According to that post it seems as though the US market cant get front pdc as an option.... "Thought just came to mind, what if it has something to do with those extra amber indicater kinda lenses you guys have to have on your bumpers that rest of world dont get!"

Some people on post were cracking jokes saying pdc for the "old" etc... Well let me tell you..... That is not the case it can honestly help guide one into really sticky situations.... Sometimes i take a parking and want to go as forward as possible and turn on my headlights to guide me when to stop, and often think front pdc would be great.... we cant always see everything!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
PDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwboy018 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just been reading some past posts about pdc. According to that post it seems as though the US market cant get front pdc as an option.... "Thought just came to mind, what if it has something to do with those extra amber indicater kinda lenses you guys have to have on your bumpers that rest of world dont get!"

Some people on post were cracking jokes saying pdc for the "old" etc... Well let me tell you..... That is not the case it can honestly help guide one into really sticky situations.... Sometimes i take a parking and want to go as forward as possible and turn on my headlights to guide me when to stop, and often think front pdc would be great.... we cant always see everything!
I'm sure BMW could figure out how to accomodate both front PDC and the reflectors. It remains to be seen if the US will get it or not. Personally, I could see real use for the rear PDC, but front is far less necessary (though with the Power Dome it may be for useful than on the E46).

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)

Quote:
Hey Guys,

In Switzerland PDC front and back is standard. And when I drove it I could easily see why: You don't see where the car ends, neither front nor back. So PDC is clearly a must.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #4
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

^ Hmm... PDC would be nice.. .its not a must for me though
      09-23-2007, 10:55 PM   #5
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

there hasn't been indicating that US won't have PDC, at the very least, as an option. where did you get that information from?

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 02:54 AM   #6
Bmwboy018
Rep
Drives: Waiting for e92 M3

USA and PDC

I read it in a couple of pages back on this fourm, that USA only gets pdc option for rear for three series and they dont get it as option for front.....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2007, 04:10 AM   #7
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
I read it in a couple of pages back on this fourm, that USA only gets pdc option for rear for three series and they dont get it as option for front.....
those are for the generic 3 series, there's been no confirmation of front pdc or lack thereof for the M3.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0