BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

10-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
TX_M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 M3

Question: Angel eyes

So I upgraded my angel eye bulbs and on side noticed that the inner ring is brighter than the other, which makes sense since only one bulb is powering two eyes. So lately I have been driving around and noticing a lot of regular stock 3 -Series with really bright and evenly lighted angel eyes. I have an 08 M3 so I'm wondering why a regular 3 series has brighter and better looking eyes than I do? Did BMW make any cosmetic changes with newer models?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
LightWerkz
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

When you say upgraded, what do you mean by that?

Some of the "upgraded" bulbs change the color to a nice hue of white, but they are actually dimmer.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
TX_M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWerkz
When you say upgraded, what do you mean by that?

Some of the "upgraded" bulbs change the color to a nice hue of white, but they are actually dimmer.
Possibly, my eyes were yellow (stock) and switched the bulbs to an led white bulb. But the MANY stock 3 series I've seen driving around have had really bright and evenly distributed white angel eyes. And I'm sure not all of them have upgraded to after market bulbs.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_M3 View Post
Possibly, my eyes were yellow (stock) and switched the bulbs to an led white bulb. But the MANY stock 3 series I've seen driving around have had really bright and evenly distributed white angel eyes. And I'm sure not all of them have upgraded to after market bulbs.
just do a search
e9x lci underwent headlight redesign to use led
m3 didn't and couldn't
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_M3 View Post
Same here in Belgium,i saw new X5 and 5 series with this super white and bright angel eyes even in daylight with the sun in the sky...amazing to see this .
I asked this at my BMW dealer and it is a factory option of 2,400 Euros>>>$3,256 USD....think twice....
So i ordered online the Alpine HID angel eyes in the US ,and i need to say i'm happy with the result

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
SilentAttack
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 Jerez Black 6MT

Yes the LCI models have LED rings... I am waiting for someone to do a headlight conversion but then again it would probably be cheaper to just get OSS lights
      10-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

The OEM Headlights are designed so that the outer rings will always be dimmer then the inner rings, regardless of what light bulb you have in there. Our LUX H8 V4 lights are designed to maximize the amount of light that goes to the outer ring, but they will still be dimmer.

If you want them to look like the new cars then you will need to go with a full ring replacement set up. I would recommend contacting LightWerkz for that.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #8
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
The OEM Headlights are designed so that the outer rings will always be dimmer then the inner rings, regardless of what light bulb you have in there. Our LUX H8 V4 lights are designed to maximize the amount of light that goes to the outer ring, but they will still be dimmer.

If you want them to look like the new cars then you will need to go with a full ring replacement set up. I would recommend contacting LightWerkz for that.
Do the LUX ones come in a basic light w/o color changing? I want brighter ones, but dont need that capability.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #9
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
Do the LUX ones come in a basic light w/o color changing? I want brighter ones, but dont need that capability.
Currently we only offer the LUX H8 V4 ( color adjustable) and the LUX H8 Amber. We do not offer a non-adjustable version of these.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #10
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Would have been so nice if all it required was buying the new OEM bulbs and switching them out

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #11
Nola 32/65
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 ZCP M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazosnic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post
Currently we only offer the LUX H8 V4 ( color adjustable) and the LUX H8 Amber. We do not offer a non-adjustable version of these.
I agree with the first post, if you all offered just a nice white light without the color change capability I'd buy it. I don't want to pay more for something I'm not going to use. Just my 0.02
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #12
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola 32/65 View Post
I agree with the first post, if you all offered just a nice white light without the color change capability I'd buy it. I don't want to pay more for something I'm not going to use. Just my 0.02
the main reason we offered this is because ever since we started making angel eyes people have always asked for different temperature LED's. Some want 5000k, some 6500,, some 8000K or even cooler. This was the easiest option because finding specific color temperatures LED's is often problematic
Appreciate 0