BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

04-03-2012, 09:41 PM   #23
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

What did you expect from a company that's based on ripping off other companies' patented designs? Do they even have one single original design of their own?

BTW Varrstoen=Linea Corse=Rota. Doesn't matter how fancy or how "euro" sounding the name is; they're low quality cast/fake multi piece looking wheels made in the Philippines. It's bend/crack/flaking finish galore. Ask anyone who has had a set (and isn't in some way affiliated with them).
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 01:55 AM   #24
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
What did you expect from a company that's based on ripping off other companies' patented designs? Do they even have one single original design of their own?

BTW Varrstoen=Linea Corse=Rota. Doesn't matter how fancy or how "euro" sounding the name is; they're low quality cast/fake multi piece looking wheels made in the Philippines. It's bend/crack/flaking finish galore. Ask anyone who has had a set (and isn't in some way affiliated with them).
Actually the quality of my set is very good and a solid build...paint work is powdercoated...no flaking but the only thing I will say is that they are quite heavy.

And before you ask, I have no affiliation with varrstoen.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #25
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
Actually the quality of my set is very good and a solid build...paint work is powdercoated...no flaking but the only thing I will say is that they are quite heavy.

with all the quality parts you have on your car, you should back it up with quality wheels..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #26
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
with all the quality parts you have on your car, you should back it up with quality wheels..
I do have quality wheels, I just use these for winter and track. If I damage them I don't mind so much which is why they were so cheap.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #27
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

to each their own...

like i said, i just gave them chance because of some referrals, and i learned my lesson.

i was just stating that their "costumer service" is atrocious, but like everyone seems to agree, such a company probably doesn't put forth the best of products either.
      04-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #28
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Quote:

Figured someone would pop out and say "hey, mine are perfect"

Just give them some time, and some miles.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 05:03 AM   #29
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Figured someone would pop out and say "hey, mine are perfect"

Just give them some time, and some miles.

I didnt say they were perfect.. im saying I have no issues with mine...
I have run them all through winter... various quarter mile runs...
200 mph on the autobahn and numerous laps around the Nurburgring.

Like I said before.... im not defending them but I will share my experience.

Ive been on this forum for a long time now and I too have had my issues with aftermarket products. So I definately feel for your frustration.
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #30
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

Quote:
I do have quality wheels, I just use these for winter and track. If I damage them I don't mind so much which is why they were so cheap.
ohh haha okay forsure, your car looks mean in your sig!
Appreciate 0