BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

03-16-2008, 08:48 PM   #23
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb View Post
Same story Im hearing all over. I am getting calls from every dealer in town from the same people that laughed at msrp not too long ago. I was #9 at my dealer (Lauderdale pembroke pines) right before launch last weekend and I got a call saying the next allocation goes to me. I decided to go to another dealer and they actually had 3 cars (MR/bamboo, SSII/FR, IB/silver), and are taking orders at MSRP. (south motors). What I dont understand is what happened to all the 9 people in front of me, did they see the car and hate it? the e46 M3 was a huge car here in Miami, I cant tell you how many of them you see around.
I believe those people are primarily "eBay Entrepreneurs" that bailed. There are a lot of people in this country that are trying to flip consumer goods much like "investors" were flipping real estate: buy it, list it, let outrageous demand and hysteria carry you to riches. It's been done on a lot of things: iPhones, PS3s, Wiis, etc. Later, they realize demand was entirely artificial (the people were in line to sell on eBay, not to purchase it for themselves). With reference to cars, there were people who wanted to sell their allocation spot for $10k+ and never have to front the commitment or the entire amount for the M3. The tepid interest in the car, and subsequently the dried up secondary market, is causing many of those 9 in front of you to bail.

Last edited by Samifumi; 03-17-2008 at 06:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 12:32 AM   #24
travelinman53
Olde Fart Young at Heart
Rep
Drives: 08 335, 95 M3

Garage List
95 M3  [0.00]
I thought about the M3 but the reviews haven't been all that glowing, what with things like the brakes going away after just one or two laps on track. Also, the E46 M3 debacle with BMW having to offer extended warranties on the engines due to the high redline didn't help with the enthusiast crowd and probably has some people on the fence about the new model.
In spite of all that, I might have gone for the M3 if it had been available for Euro delivery so I could make a vacation out of it, but it's not and thus, I ordered a 335i, ZSP, 6mt.
P.S. Lexus is having a rough time moving the IS-F. Dealer called me, #18 on the list, and said they had my car two weeks ago. What happened to 1-17, if as dealer said they expected to get 2-3 units per month and they just came out last month? I think the economy is definitely impacting the car biz.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 01:51 AM   #25
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
-Bear Sterns almost failing....
-Fed to likely drop interest rates 1 full % next week....
-Euro at record high to the dollar.....
-$10 Billion /mo or so just to pay for Iraq.....(right or wrong)
-Strong competition from Lexus IS-F, Mercedes CLK63, Audi RS4/S5, hell BMW's own 335i, and others...
-Dealers in a dream land thinking they would get across the board $5-10k+ above MSRP.
- Business sales off records amt for Xmas and most of last 2 quarters.
-Gas at almost $4/gallon for regular...let alone 91+ octane the M3 desires!
- the silent recession we're in which NO ONE officially in the govt will exist! LOL

And you wonder why the cars are sitting or you're moving up the waitlists quicker than expected? Alot of folks are choosing to keep that $70k close to home rather than drop it into a luxury item and want such as an M3 no matter how wealthy they may or may not now be.

I am just thankful that my particular situation will still allow me to get the car but believe me I did think twice since my order with all the above going on!
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #26
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
-Bear Sterns almost failing....

-$10 Billion /mo or so just to pay for Iraq.....(right or wrong)

And you wonder why the cars are sitting or you're moving up the waitlists quicker than expected? Alot of folks are choosing to keep that $70k close to home rather than drop it into a luxury item and want such as an M3 no matter how wealthy they may or may not now be.

I am just thankful that my particular situation will still allow me to get the car but believe me I did think twice since my order with all the above going on!
wrong on that dollar amount i think...still good points. crevier bmw in my hometown has 6 M3s on the lot right now. 2 on the floor (MR, AW) and 4 in the parking garage (JzB, JB, AW, SparkG). none of them are accounted for...that's sad. oh, btw, they are asking 15k over. maybe that's why. what a joke!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 03:03 AM   #27
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

I'm curious to see what kind of lease offers BMWFS will have if a ton of cars are going to be sitting on the lots...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 03:18 AM   #28
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
I'm curious to see what kind of lease offers BMWFS will have if a ton of cars are going to be sitting on the lots...
guess we'll know soon enough...
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #29
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
I hope they sit around so they can stop with the big headed attitude and actually make some good deals.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 05:38 AM   #30
OzCarfreak
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Merc / BMW /Audi

this is crazy
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 06:17 AM   #31
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

It just became a helluva lot worse this morning. Almost $112/barrel for oil this morning and probably more doom and gloom to come.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #32
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmehta211 View Post
My dealer has an Blue/carbon roof coupe for $70k, and a black (most likely Jet Black) sedan for $70k. Both cars are available right now.

Interestingly enough, I found out that Euro delivery right now has NO discount.
No Euro delivery discounts for any M... always been like that.
Appreciate 0