BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-22-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 AW E93 M3

New 2011 options help

I am trying to figure out the new options that will be needed. As half you know I am going for a vert, DCT I was going to get the tech pkg, premium pkg. I really don't need navigation to tell me where to turn. I want EDC Cause from all the reading I did here the suspension will be tighter on sport Mode then the stock car.

First off don't bmw roadside come with the car. As to BMW assist.What is the difference without BMW assist button, and a really don't need crash assistance that comes with it.

Performance wise in the vert what's needed, I wish everything was not in packages and priced eight, :-). Does anyone know for sure the options on the new 11,options prices, if price of car went up.My dealer has my old order and I want to be ready when the open up the ordering.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

i think roadside comes with iDrive, but you can also purchase it seperately without iDrive. iDrive is included with Navigation.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Roadside assistance is included with any new BMW. This is just a service that you can use if you have any problems with your car. You call the number and they tow it to dealership or shop of your choice - up to 100 miles for free IIRC, more than that and they charge you per mile.

BMW Assist is basically just like GM's OnStar. It gives you the ability to call upon a central BMW help desk with the touch of a button. They can do theft recovery, remote unlock, etc, etc. There are further services available for a fee such as turn by turn directions, weather, traffic, movie times, etc. They can also call Roadside for you if you wish. To get Assist, you have to either order ZPP/ZP2 or just order the ad-hoc BMW Assist option. Note also that you must order this option if you want bluetooth hands free operation of your phone, because the two features share the same telematics hardware.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
jeff4598
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C HS, DCT, much Dinan

If you want tight skip edc and go Dinan!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice13 View Post
and a really don't need crash assistance that comes with it.

How do you know that unless you've crashed?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Regarding the Tech Package, that is no longer available for new orders. It has been replaced for September 2011 production and any car ordered now will be produced in September since the plants are closed for August. And anyway, you said you didn't want navigation which the Tech Package would have given you.

Sounds to me like you should just order EDC and ZPP and skip the new ZCV Convenience Package. You may want to add 6FL as well if you wish to have a USB port, and further add 6NF if you wish to get the snap-in phone cradle baseplate.

Performance-wise, there's not really anything for the vert, other than DCT if you are not dead-set on the 6MT. Note that, by not ordering IDrive/Nav it *might* be the case that you do not get the Sport Plus Power setting - this has yet to be confirmed. You will, however, still get MDrive as that is now standard. It remains to be seen just how customizable MDrive is without the IDrive configuration menus. It might be a bit restrictive like it is with the M3 GTS (though certainly EDC, which the GTS of course does not have, will be configurable via MDrive).
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabman5 View Post
How do you know that unless you've crashed?
I am not really worried about that so much. Someone will call hopefully,if not I guess its my calling. Its not that I don't want assist. I just want to understand it fully,then decide if I want it in a pkg or at all.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #8
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Regarding the Tech Package, that is no longer available for new orders. It has been replaced for September 2011 production and any car ordered now will be produced in September since the plants are closed for August. And anyway, you said you didn't want navigation which the Tech Package would have given you.

Sounds to me like you should just order EDC and ZPP and skip the new ZCV Convenience Package. You may want to add 6FL as well if you wish to have a USB port, and further add 6NF if you wish to get the snap-in phone cradle baseplate.

Performance-wise, there's not really anything for the vert, other than DCT if you are not dead-set on the 6MT. Note that, by not ordering IDrive/Nav it *might* be the case that you do not get the Sport Plus Power setting - this has yet to be confirmed. You will, however, still get MDrive as that is now standard. It remains to be seen just how customizable MDrive is without the IDrive configuration menus. It might be a bit restrictive like it is with the M3 GTS (though certainly EDC, which the GTS of course does not have, will be configurable via MDrive).
What is M Drive,
Steering wheel controls for radio .

What is I drive.

What is sport plus,is that the button for the throttle or something, and is it worth having it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:02 PM   #9
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

You *really* need to do some research on the forum if you are not familiar with such basic things, but briefly:

MDrive is the system that lets you setup the tweakable driving-dynamics-related features of the car to your liking and then call up your settings via a simple press of the M Button on the steering wheel.

IDrive is the computer system that lets you control everything in your car via a dial on the center console and a LCD screen on the dashboard. For the 3 series and M3, IDrive and Navigation are bundled together as one system.

Sport Plus is the most aggressive throttle sensitivity setting (BMW calls this "Power" even though it has nothing to do with horsepower in the M3, unlike the M5). It turns your gas pedal into a hair trigger, basically. It's useful if you want to make your car buck like a f**king pissed off dingo on cold-start, or if you want to leave an imprint of the back of your passenger's skull in the headrest.

Quote:
What is M Drive,

What is I drive.

What is sport plus,is that the button for the throttle or something, and is it worth having it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
You *really* need to do some research on the forum if you are not familiar with such basic things, but briefly:

MDrive is the system that lets you setup the tweakable driving-dynamics-related features of the car to your liking and then call up your settings via a simple press of the M Button on the steering wheel.

IDrive is the computer system that lets you control everything in your car via a dial on the center console and a LCD screen on the dashboard. For the 3 series and M3, IDrive and Navigation are bundled together as one system.

Sport Plus is the most aggressive throttle sensitivity setting (BMW calls this "Power" even though it has nothing to do with horsepower in the M3, unlike the M5). It turns your gas pedal into a hair trigger, basically. It's useful if you want to make your car buck like a f**king pissed off dingo on cold-start, or if you want to leave an imprint of the back of your passenger's skull in the headrest.
Okay kind of what I thought well explained, now I know what pkgs u need together if you want certain things, I guess I might need navigation,
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
What is M Drive,

What is I drive.

I think that you need to really go to www.bmwusa.com and start reading a lot. Your knowledge of your $80,000 purchase is disturbing.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #12
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
Yeah, like Technic said, start reading and educating yourself before purchasing an $80k car.

And you should 100% get M-Drive, EDC, Tech package, NO QUESTION.
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 05:11 PM   #13
Dice13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks to all that helped, All done here. Damn that search button is great. I searched out NEW 2011 options help, :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #14
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Yeah, like Technic said, start reading and educating yourself before purchasing an $80k car.

And you should 100% get M-Drive, EDC, Tech package, NO QUESTION.
There is no Tech package anymore, so he can't get it.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #15
2013E92M3ZCP
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

2011 Mdrive customization without Idrive

I REALLY want to know how customizable M drive will be without Navi. I'm glad to hear you won't 100% need navigation to customize the settings, I just want to know mostly about the servotronic setting.

Thinking about skipping EDC and iDrive if I just buy a new one instead of an e46.
2006 M3 6MT (Sold)
2004 S2000 (Sold)
Appreciate 0