BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #23
XunXunDCT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 M3 Jerez Black M-DCT

One question... do u have uninsured motorist on your insurance plan? I'm asking because I have a buddy who had his ass saved by having that plan when a vehicle destroyed his driver side when he was parked outside of his apartment. Insurance paid for everything w/out raising his rates. Simply put, it wasn't his fault. And from my stand point, that would be the correct thing an insurance company should do. U pay the premium for incidence like this. Other wise.. why bother getting insurance (other than it's the law and if you hit somebody else u're company would need to pay for damages. another story for another time) I feel for you man. My brother 350z got keyed 3 days after taking delivery it is one of the worst feelings in the world. I hope your car will be repaired w/ as little damage to your wallet as possible. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 02:06 AM   #24
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

pics?

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 02:30 AM   #25
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

most insurance companies are horrible I can tell. They want your money at first and when it comes to a claim, they try their best to avoid paying for anything. This is just so wrong!
      11-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
MN M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Wrong. I've had more comprehensive claims that I can even remember and my rates NEVER went up. An insurance company isn't going to raise your rates fro soemthing that's not your fault.
Wrong.

Depending on what state you are in, this is categorically untrue. In CA, state law requires them to give you a "freebie" a year. That's part of the reason why CA rates are many times higher than they are in other states. You are, in essence, already paying for the damage through higher rates.

In most states, like mine (MN), they can and will raise your rates at renewal if you file a claim for which your insurer was not reimbursed. If there is no one to go after, your insurer doesn't get repaid, and your rates go up as a result. They can also refuse to renew your coverage - that's not a cancellation; they simply won't rewrite the policy for another term. Unless there is a state law requiring them to do so (which means your rates are, obviously, much higher than they'd otherwise be), they do this all the time.

The concept of "fault" is irrelevant. Under your logic, if you file 10 claims in a year and none were your "fault," your insurer shouldn't be able to raise your rates? Baloney, and you should know better.
2009 E92 M3 - Jerez Black/Black w/ black carbon leather interior, 6 spd., Cold, Premium, Technology, 19" OZ Racing wheels (black), iPod/USB. Mods: aPe air filter, Borla exhaust, H&R sport springs, UUC Evo3 SS w/ DSSR, Power Pulley Kit, carbon kidney grills, Vorsteiner front air dam, carbon side gills, smoked side markers
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 09:32 AM   #27
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

haters everywhere.... i got keyed and my ride scratched before
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #28
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Grab the shotgun and look for the MoFo that did it. Sucks. Seruously, just call your insurance company and file a Comp claim; it shouldn't affect your rates.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0