BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #23
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiM3y View Post
It does make a difference. It gets rid of the ECU idiot-proofing safety lag in the throttle, you just have to use more foot control, which I like. You choose the input rather than the ECU. It makes blipping much easier too for double clutching. Green is great day to day, but the red makes the car lurch a little too much for me. I suspect a lot of chip tunes use this aspect of throttle control to help make the car feel more powerful and 'instant'. It is really easy to mount, however, be careful of the plastic lug on the base plate of the throttle switch/pedal. I broke mine, and it doesn't seem to affect the stability of the pedal, but I broke it getting the pedal out before I realized what had happened.

If you want a more 'urgent' throttle response, it is perfect. If you like the factory feel, don't get it. It is difficult to go back once you have put it on, because you become acutely conscious of the throttle response seeming slow. I tried to see the difference, but didn't like it. Based on the Powerchip literature, they take this lag out of the throttle signal too when you use their tune.

I don't work for Sprint Booster either, but you can see why they got a SEMA award.
I broke that plastic piece as well. I found that part of the install to be the most challenging. If it weren't for that, I could have installed this mod in under 5 minutes.
Appreciate 0