BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

11-21-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

My Evolve E600 M3 vs supra, evo X and ESS m3 roll racing

I attended my second roll race this year and had a blast. The slipstream roll race events are a ton of fun and if anyone is on the fence about attending one, I can tell you, when it comes to the car scene, there isn't anything else on the east coast i'd rather do. Car shows, caravans, meets, don't compare, these events are fun as hell and the people there are even more fun. You have a wide variety of cars with anywhere from 2000-400 hp, all makes and models and people that just want to race and see how their cars compare.

I really wish more BMW's would attend so hopefully as people realize there are events like these on the east coast, I'll have some more people to run!

I only ran one bmw at my first event in July and it was a ESS 650+ (ACM r package ) Supercharged M3. I was way overmatched, as he was on race fuel, weight reduction, etc. and I was full weight and 93 pump. I ended up losing by 2 1/2 car lengths and was actually pretty happy with that result I'm not afraid to lose and really don't care either way but I like to see how my car stacks up. I was hoping to run a supercharged M that was close to my kit (E600) but never had the chance to.

Fortunately, my second event I attended this November had some more cars in my HP class and I was able to get some vid of the action.

A litte description of the vid:

My first race on the vid is against a 700 hp+ supra, that smoked me, pretty mean sounding car!

My second race was against a 570hp Evo X that actually got a slight jump on me at the cones but I was able to reel him in and get him at the end.

My last race was against a buddy of mine with a ESS 595 e92 M3. We were both on race gas, both full weight, both DCT. It was fun to run a car more in my HP range. We ran a total of two times, I got him both times, the first run wasn't on this video but I know he has a vid, it was closer than what you'll see here but my car was still adapting to the race gas. We decided to run again so we grabbed lunch, I was confident my car was fully adapted and we ran again. That is the run you see here, one view from the sidelines, one view from my go pro on my trunk.
I should also say...i swear the day before at AutoCouture, he told me he was 6.5 psi, and the vid says that but he actually told me today he was at 6.0psi....so I apologize for the vid having a error.

As I said...I really hope more BMW's come out to these events, you get as many runs as you can take and its a ton of fun. Great place to meet fellow enthusiasts!

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
2SNAILS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Blurple

Garage List
2018 F80  [9.75]
Hey Bob, those were sum great runs! Ur beast sounds and looks awesome! I need me sum of that powwaaa!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
Toxic 335
Second Lieutenant
Rep

no races against the F8X?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
BobS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic 335 View Post
no races against the F8X?
There were a couple there at the event but they were all stock. Hopefully I can race a couple next spring at the next one.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 05:45 AM   #5
JDM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Very cool, thanks for sharing. I'll be at the spring event.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 06:29 AM   #6
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Nice , your car looks good !
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 06:36 AM   #7
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Nice on Bob! Bet you had a blast!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 07:51 AM   #8
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Very cool vid Bob thanks for sharing. Did you only get 4 races that day? I like the Evolve kit a lot...that manifold looks downright scary haha. I think Sal did a great job with it.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #9
BobS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Very cool vid Bob thanks for sharing. Did you only get 4 races that day? I like the Evolve kit a lot...that manifold looks downright scary haha. I think Sal did a great job with it.
Unfortunately yes... my wife and I had dinner planned that night and it was a 1 hour 30 min drive to my house. I left early while they were doing competition runs in the high HP classes. The open format would have been that afternoon but I couldn't stay around.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #10
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
I attended my second roll race this year and had a blast. The slipstream roll race events are a ton of fun and if anyone is on the fence about attending one, I can tell you, when it comes to the car scene, there isn't anything else on the east coast i'd rather do. Car shows, caravans, meets, don't compare, these events are fun as hell and the people there are even more fun. You have a wide variety of cars with anywhere from 2000-400 hp, all makes and models and people that just want to race and see how their cars compare.

I really wish more BMW's would attend so hopefully as people realize there are events like these on the east coast, I'll have some more people to run!

I only ran one bmw at my first event in July and it was a ESS 650+ (ACM r package ) Supercharged M3. I was way overmatched, as he was on race fuel, weight reduction, etc. and I was full weight and 93 pump. I ended up losing by 2 1/2 car lengths and was actually pretty happy with that result I'm not afraid to lose and really don't care either way but I like to see how my car stacks up. I was hoping to run a supercharged M that was close to my kit (E600) but never had the chance to.

Fortunately, my second event I attended this November had some more cars in my HP class and I was able to get some vid of the action.

A litte description of the vid:

My first race on the vid is against a 700 hp+ supra, that smoked me, pretty mean sounding car!

My second race was against a 570hp Evo X that actually got a slight jump on me at the cones but I was able to reel him in and get him at the end.

My last race was against a buddy of mine with a ESS 595 e92 M3. We were both on race gas, both full weight, both DCT. It was fun to run a car more in my HP range. We ran a total of two times, I got him both times, the first run wasn't on this video but I know he has a vid, it was closer than what you'll see here but my car was still adapting to the race gas. We decided to run again so we grabbed lunch, I was confident my car was fully adapted and we ran again. That is the run you see here, one view from the sidelines, one view from my go pro on my trunk.
I should also say...i swear the day before at AutoCouture, he told me he was 6.5 psi, and the vid says that but he actually told me today he was at 6.0psi....so I apologize for the vid having a error.

As I said...I really hope more BMW's come out to these events, you get as many runs as you can take and its a ton of fun. Great place to meet fellow enthusiasts!
Nice runs! I'm in hopes that I can find some more events or just start my own. They're pretty expensive out here.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0