BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

10-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #1
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition LCI

Intro

Hello,

Before I start bombarding you with questions I thought I'd take the opportunity to formally introduce myself to you.

It took me about a 9 months worth of hunting on carsales before I finally got my hands on a M3 that ticked all my boxes. It's stock standard so if you are hating on it, you are hating on the backbone of the sheer element that makes us enthusiasts. Having said that, I must admit that somewhere in the near future I plan to:
1. Spray the wheels black
2. Replace the chrome grill with a black one
3. Possibly whack on a Akrapovic exhaust

My previous cars include:

Nissan 300zx V6 twin turbo - Jap was really popular in 2004 when I got my licence so don't hate on me. It was a fun car, but it goes without saying that engine problems were endless and unbearable.

BMW e-36 325 coupé - M3 inspired look. The car was a great copy of the e-36 M3 beast minus the engine... My love for BMs started just about here.

BMW e-46 330ci Clubsport - The reality is that this car was the best my money could buy. I sacrificed lots but the fun of owning this car was just irreplaceable.

Current:
BMW e-92 M3 Comp pack - No words thus far... I am convinced that we all think the same of this car.

Give me your thoughts on the planned mods? take it easy on me about the Jap car. You see fast and furious movie franchise was at it's peak and what not... Driving the 300zx was almost like shout out to people "You almost had me? You never had me - you never had your car"

Name:  M3 (1).jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  550.4 KB

Name:  M3 (2).jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  237.8 KB

Name:  M3 (3).jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  395.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
Ur84wr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

welcome mate. car looks fantastic, particularly with the red interior.

Eibach pro springs, 12mm spacers all round and you'll be laughing.

Iam a fan of the bright silver wheels but that is a personal call.

is she a DCT or stick?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Cheers for the input.

I went for a DCT given that every other vehicle I owned was a manual, plus I read up somewhere that a DCT is fraction quicker I am unsure if that's true. Whilst that wasn't a deciding fact for me it was still a good read. In regards to manual, whilst it's fun to ride around in, at times you find it really impracticable on WA roads driving into the city for work...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Welcome. I have Jerez Black with Black Wheels... I also got the black grills but cannot work out how to post a pic..

I have not done the exhaust but love the sound of Dave Dee's. There are some videos of it on the drift posts.

Welcome to the forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks.
Sounds like you already own a number of mods that I'd like.
Took my a little while to work out how to post pictures too, but if you click on the paper clip a window will open. When the window opens click on the choose file icon. When you select your file from a folder on your computer, it should appear in that window. Once it appears there, hit the upload link. The site then assess your photo for size, be mindful that if the pic is big you may need to resize it down.
Good luck, I d be interested to see what your car looks like.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #6
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Welcome to ownership of one of the most exciting cars you will ever own. I've had mine 3 years and it's very heavily modded and I love it more every day.
You have some nice guys over ther in WA and no doubt be getting together for track days and other events.
Modding the car is really good and quite easy to do
Mine includes:
BBS custom wheels
OSS Design headlights
Front Lip VRS
Reverse and Forward camera
Lowered
Custom electronics
Harrop Big Brake Kit
Gintani Valved exhaust
Gintani Stage 2 Supercharger
Gintani DCT Tune

I've tried every exhaust combo of all the good brands. One thing that is most important and that is to get a really good detailer to remove every blemish from the car and then use OptiGuard ceramic coating. Its is sensational and the first step in the journey.

There are a lot of good suppliers for parts and a lot of good information shared here that will be of invaluable help to you. You might consider keeping the wheels and getting an aftermarket set that will give you a bit more width. There are some great suppliers out there. Another member and I bought from a supplier in Amsterdam and it was a really good experience

Last edited by DaveDee; 10-02-2013 at 05:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #7
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thanks Dave.
I did look at your car well in advance of me buying mine and even becoming a member of this forum. You have taken the customization to the next level. Good on you, I am sure that you appreciate this daily. Results speak for themselves, your car is a true example of a mean machine.

The tires I have got on right now aren't that great. I might chose the avenue of buying a new set of wheels with tires so I may use the supplier that you have used in the past. The supply locally is very low plus it's well overpriced.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #8
Tomislav
Panty Schtuffer
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 BMW X6M  [0.00]
1997 BMW 323i  [0.00]
1994 BMW M3  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzenko View Post
3. Possibly whack on a Akrapovic exhaust
Save yourself a crapload of money, get the TMS test pipes, and a Megan rear box.
.: 1994 E36 M3 3.0 - 19" BBS LM Reps, Bilsteins :.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Hello,

Before I start bombarding you with questions I thought I'd take the opportunity to formally introduce myself to you.

It took me about a 9 months worth of hunting on carsales before I finally got my hands on a M3 that ticked all my boxes. It's stock standard so if you are hating on it, you are hating on the backbone of the sheer element that makes us enthusiasts.
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your new acquisition. One thing for sure you will struggle to wipe the smile off your face, because mod it not, it's one of the best driver's car you are lucky to own.

Take your time and don't rush to modding your car. Like you said, Dave has taken his car to a new level; with a careful selection of eye-candy mods. That's what you want.

Would like to catch up may be for a coffee on the weekend. PM with phone details.
      10-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #10
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your new acquisition. One thing for sure you will struggle to wipe the smile off your face, because mod it not, it's one of the best driver's car you are lucky to own.

Take your time and don't rush to modding your car. Like you said, Dave has taken his car to a new level; with a careful selection of eye-candy mods. That's what you want.

Would like to catch up may be for a coffee on the weekend. PM with phone details.
Definitely keen to get to know as many Perth M3 owners. Will send you PM shortly. Let me get my CPA exam out of the way then we can head out for coffee.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #11
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Save yourself a crapload of money, get the TMS test pipes, and a Megan rear box.
Got to do a bit of googling on TMS... Thanks for the tip. One thing is for certain, my intention is to maximise power rather than noise levels.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #12
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Beautiful car mate & congratulations.

As good as the car is standard it can always be improved upon and once you hear the M with a decent exhaust you will be hooked!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 05:25 AM   #13
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

so so good! cestitam opet!!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Welcome to the M3 Family, nice looking car - I was sooo close to getting a black one as well - does it have the Carbon Roof? I looove the look of the Red interior. Good luck with the Mods, I also like the look of the lighter steel - it will be too black for my liking (personal opinion) with black rims, but go for hell & enjoy!

& dont worry about your previous 300zx being a point of hating - they are good cars!! I came from a first Gen. Rx8, a great car, but like the ZX, plaged with issues,

Make sure you upload your Mods online, we would all love to see the progress!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
highlandsM3
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe - Jarez Black 6MT

Looks great Mate, one of the best colour combos for the E92 IMO.
But i may be baised....

I have tried a few exhaust recently and ended up with a setup i am happy with Borla ATAK rear with a custom ss front section from a local shop.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #16
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Got to do a bit of googling on TMS... Thanks for the tip. One thing is for certain, my intention is to maximise power rather than noise levels.
Turner Test pipes are good, but if you have a good local exhaust shop they can do the same thing for you at much less cost. One if the guys in our group had some test pipes done, saved his primary cats and had the rear (Gintani Valved) system fitted for under $300 inc labour. Pretty good value, a lot less than the cost of the pipes and freight. If you do a primary cat delete you will need to do a tune either to delete CEL only or to also increase performance. You can buy an Akra Delete R but you are paying all that just to delete the error and for a couple of hundred dollars more you get a cable and tune that will see you all the way from stock to DCT tune and SC software

Rear sections depend on what sound you like, but choose carefully to avoid drone and get a great sound inside and out.

One of our group members has just the primary cat delete with the stock system, its still very quiet but has a bit more rasp and sounds a little more aggressive. Even though I sell X-pipes for value you can't you past a primary cat delete
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #17
M-Four
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 DCT

Congrats on the purchase! Love the colour combo! Take your time with the mods - it's endless! =P
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #18
Dzenko
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Thanks for the exhaust feedback. It's been a nightmare selecting one...
I will post about all mods as they are completed in 2014.

I also need to arrange a meet up with Perth Owners so I can hear their exhaust setups and quiz the install efforts.
Still can't wipe the grin off my face car has been joyful so far.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 03:01 AM   #19
PatrickPH
Photo Bounce
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3

We need meet up already! I miss the E92 M3s

DCT downshifts still give me chills, if only SMG came close.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 06:21 AM   #20
DAL344
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Pure

Quote:
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Thanks for the exhaust feedback. It's been a nightmare selecting one...
I will post about all mods as they are completed in 2014.

I also need to arrange a meet up with Perth Owners so I can hear their exhaust setups and quiz the install efforts.
Still can't wipe the grin off my face car has been joyful so far.
Meet up.. Still waiting
Only kidding mate...
We should look at a C&C somewhere central maybe Sunday mornings!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 10:27 AM   #21
rsv4dan
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT Sparkling Graphite

My recommendations for best value(engine) mod's would be -
TMS test pipes
MS pulley's
MS Stage 2 intake
BPM Sport stage 2 tune.
that will get you close to 400whp.
some sort of axle back(mostly sound)

Some of my other picks -
Black grilles front and side
15mm front 12mm rear spacers
Swift Sport springs(remove alignment pins and get a good alignment - bigggggg difference in handling)
LUX v4 angel eyes
ZHP shift knob(if manual)
Alloy Pedals(think i went BMWPedals)
iND keyhole delete
Revinora R-CRT Street lip

OPTICOAT!

I've done quite a few tasteful mods to mine - can't remember them all off the top of my head however. I'll have more to come too

Last edited by rsv4dan; 12-17-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #22
Rajvosa
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL344 View Post
Meet up.. Still waiting
Only kidding mate...
We should look at a C&C somewhere central maybe Sunday mornings!
yes meet up sounds good
Appreciate 0