BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

05-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #67
milk242
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Yea a modded 335 is faster but I like the M3, it was a car I always wanted since I was 16 and can finally have. It may not be the fastest or the best at any one thing, but the car is just magic. I believe you must really have to love the M3 to choose the M3 over the other cars. Something is just special about it and no its not the badge.
20 Tesla Model 3
23 Audi R8 (on order, never came )
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #68
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenF1 View Post
OSave it geeks, i dont want to hear it. I go with whats fastest.
You are dumb. You don't even drive the fastest BMW, modded or stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #69
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
OK, 650 km away 60 liters of gas, 3 passengers and 2 suitcases. Maybe we can mount a monkey-car and tow a trailer on the Atom.

Subaru??
335i, definitely the car for me!

better
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #70
par4bmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 370Z & My JK Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenF1 View Post
OP look where you are posting your question and ask yourself if you really want an open minded answer from these badge whores. They cannot deny that the 335i is faster so they bash it instead and the people who drive them. How many posts have you seen in this thread that say, Im leaving my M stoc," Well no shit, im totally shocked. Any mods for an M are not cost effective like they are on a 335. So unless you live across the street from a road course then why wouldnt you go with the 335. Now im sure ill get bashed and insulted for making this post and "how i just cant afford an M thats the only possible answer for anyone not thinking its the greatest car ever built." Save it geeks, i dont want to hear it. I go with whats fastest. Check Road & Track,,,,,see how your "M" cant finish first in anything.
I hope you were just trying to get a rise out of M3 fanatics and really do not lack that much intelligence.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 03:51 AM   #71
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
a 335i will never be a M3
No matter what, M is M
      05-17-2008, 03:08 PM   #72
unique
SiDeWaYz
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Yes, newbies like to bitch about replies like mine. However, spend any time on this forum and one will form the same mindset you have.
dude it has honestly nothing to do with that...

you just really lower the maturity level on the forum...

like do you and a bunch of the cool guys have to post annoying sh!t.. jus tdont look at the thread and leave it to the mods...

you would be a newbie on alot my forums, and funny thing is that i can think of one where you are, and your little m3 is nothing of acknowledgment on 6speedonline.com.... but if you asked the porsche guys, like myself who are much older and mature than most of the members on these little bimmer forums, a stupid question or something that we heard a billllion times, we would never be a dammm dick and tell you to go search, we would send you the link because that is what non newb senior members are for, to make the forum experience fun for everyone and guide newbs the right way, and not feel cool posting search.... when i see you or a bunch of people post things like search i just think myself why couldn't this assshooollllee just send th link of the original thread...

so if you would like to contribute to a thread atleast help the guy out (newb), but all you do is annoy yourself and the original poster...

so seriously get your head out of your A$$
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #73
jm1234
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Jet Black/Tan/SA 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post

like do you and a bunch of the cool guys have to post annoying sh!t.. jus tdont look at the thread and leave it to the mods...

you would be a newbie on alot my forums, and funny thing is that i can think of one where you are, and your little m3 is nothing of acknowledgment on 6speedonline.com.... but if you asked the porsche guys, like myself who are much older and mature than most of the members on these little bimmer forums, a stupid question or something that we heard a billllion times, we would never be a dammm dick and tell you to go search, we would send you the link because that is what non newb senior members are for, to make the forum experience fun for everyone and guide newbs the right way, and not feel cool posting search.... when i see you or a bunch of people post things like search i just think myself why couldn't this assshooollllee just send th link of the original thread...

so if you would like to contribute to a thread atleast help the guy out (newb), but all you do is annoy yourself and the original poster...

So, your point is that he's pulling down the maturity level?

Pot, meet kettle.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 06:00 PM   #74
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

After seeing some very well known members on the E90 forum going back to stock(performance wise), due to the BMW crack-down on 335i engine upgrades.

I am now convinced the M3 is the way to go.

To be honest its rather a childish argument. There are many modded cars that can beat the M3 and other more expensive cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 04:43 AM   #75
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

Nobody forces you to be on this 'little bimmer forum' if you don't like it. Your offensive post is not acceptable. Since complaining about lacking maturity you better should set a good example.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 07:26 AM   #76
Hammer
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

cool down everybody!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2008, 12:19 PM   #77
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1234 View Post
So, your point is that he's pulling down the maturity level?

Pot, meet kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Nobody forces you to be on this 'little bimmer forum' if you don't like it. Your offensive post is not acceptable. Since complaining about lacking maturity you better should set a good example.

Best regards, south

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
cool down everybody!

The problem here is really ego and understanding. They don't go hand in hand.

If you visit the forums often, you have a good understanding of how annoying it can be to see questions asked everyday that one only needs to click on the search button to get an answer. Or another 335i verses M3 thread thats exactly the same as the last 100. That also gets annoying.

Putting the ego aside it's true this is a forum for everyone and most of us welcome new members everyday. Even Epacy. However, new members need to know from early what to expect from this forum, and one of those things are that us (those that are already members now) will not encourage laziness, ignorant posts or posts from people just coming here to throw gas in the fire. Otherwise it always and I mean always ends up a ego vs. ego fight about who is wrong and who is right. And everyone knows I'm always right.

Pay attention, lighten up and enjoy the forums.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #78
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
1024 bit RSA encryption on the DMEs....means no access for you. A grease monkey won't be tuning cars like they were in the 80's and 90's.
If it's engineered by human it can be broken. 1024 bit may be the end for brute force attack, but I am sure there will be other ways around it. If it's such a holy grail then we may as well disband NSA and airforce cyber unit.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #79
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
If it's engineered by human it can be broken. 1024 bit may be the end for brute force attack, but I am sure there will be other ways around it. If it's such a holy grail then we may as well disband NSA and airforce cyber unit.
If it's encrypted at all breaking it is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act). No company or person based in the US will be able to make/sell software or hardware that bypasses the encrypted systems if BMW wants to sue them all into oblivion.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #80
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keto View Post
If it's encrypted at all breaking it is a violation of the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act). No company or person based in the US will be able to make/sell software or hardware that bypasses the encrypted systems if BMW wants to sue them all into oblivion.

I am sure Jim Conforti disagrees with you.

What are you doing with your Lexmark printer?
      05-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #81
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

I know a great way to settle this!

Find me a new M3 in the Seattle area that is willing to meet me at Pacific Raceways.

We'll tape it and post it. Simple as that. No excuses.

Let's go!

Last edited by SteelTorque; 05-19-2008 at 01:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #82
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
I am sure Jim Conforti disagrees with you.

What are you doing with your Lexmark printer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a United States copyright law which implements two 1996 WIPO treaties. It criminalizes production and dissemination of technology, devices, or services that are used to circumvent measures that control access to copyrighted works (commonly known as DRM) and criminalizes the act of circumventing an access control, even when there is no infringement of copyright itself. It also heightens the penalties for copyright infringement on the Internet.
Whether Jim agrees or not is meaningless. What do our resident lawyers think? (Note: real ones please) BMW's inaction on this issue (assuming my read is correct) means little if they decide to eventually take action; copyright is not like trademark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Timothy B. Lee, in a paper written for the Cato Institute, wrote:

The DMCA is anti-competitive. It gives copyright holders — and the technology companies that distribute their content — the legal power to create closed technology platforms and exclude competitors from interoperating with them
Sounds like BMW could certainly prevent other software from running on their computer.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #83
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Whether Jim agrees or not is meaningless. What do our resident lawyers think? (Note: real ones please) BMW's inaction on this issue (assuming my read is correct) means little if they decide to eventually take action; copyright is not like trademark.

Sounds like BMW could certainly prevent other software from running on their computer.

There might be some cases relevant to this already. Search.
      05-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #84
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep

Quote:
T-Bone, find me an M3 to race in Seattle at Pacific Raceways.
      05-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #85
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
T-Bone, find me an M3 to race in Seattle at Pacific Raceways.

Interesting you are quoting me when I am referring to a legal case and not a drag race.

My friend, I have demonstrated that I cannot arrange races....you are on a the M3post....

Post a challenge! I am sure people with M3s will see it as a Call of Duty!

If people accept your drag challenge, you do accept another person's challenge for M3 vs. tuned 335 around a racetrack (with left and right turns)?
      05-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #86
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
At this point, me quoting cases is not guaranteed to be meaningful, as I am not a lawyer. The Lexmark case that you mentioned indicated that anti-circumvention provisions only apply when a copyright-protected work is protected by the encryption.

So, I guess the question becomes whether the engine-software folks are reverse-engineering the control software or merely modifying the original, with the key distinction being the first approach protects against DMCA claims while the second does not.

Interesting stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 02:27 PM   #87
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Interesting you are quoting me when I am referring to a legal case and not a drag race.

My friend, I have demonstrated that I cannot arrange races....you are on a the M3post....

Post a challenge! I am sure people with M3s will see it as a Call of Duty!

If people accept your drag challenge, you do accept another person's challenge for M3 vs. tuned 335 around a racetrack (with left and right turns)?
Absolutely. Will do.
      05-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #88
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
At this point, me quoting cases is not guaranteed to be meaningful, as I am not a lawyer. The Lexmark case that you mentioned indicated that anti-circumvention provisions only apply when a copyright-protected work is protected by the encryption.

So, I guess the question becomes whether the engine-software folks are reverse-engineering the control software or merely modifying the original, with the key distinction being the first approach protects against DMCA claims while the second does not.

Interesting stuff.

Not for me to argue but I can see how tuners will stay in business for awhile.

Legality is up to the courts.