BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

04-24-2012, 07:48 PM   #133
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToBavarian View Post
I once overheard these 2 guys at work talking about the 1M and that if you "tuned the turbos" it's insanely fast. Needless to say, I walked away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
That's true though.
+1..its a beast..I should know I had a tuned n54..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #134
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Yeah, like in anything else its often not so much what is said, its how it is said. A young kid that was stoked over a car and asked politely what I did for a living would be fine by me, in fact I would be favorably inclined to answer in a positive manner.
Agreed. Its all about the love. I like helping others and that would have been a great moment to point the kid in the right direction instead of being arrogant. I had jobs like that when I was a kid and used to ask successful people what they did for a living. I'm glad they answered positively because it pushed me to get where I am today.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 12:01 AM   #135
doc19
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Yeah, like in anything else its often not so much what is said, its how it is said. A young kid that was stoked over a car and asked politely what I did for a living would be fine by me, in fact I would be favorably inclined to answer in a positive manner.
Agreed... I had this kid come up to me at the mall and ask me how much my car cost. Polite kid, honestly I didn't know what else to tell him other than the truth, so I told him. He replied, "okay, I need to get to a place where I can afford that car when I get older, thanks man."

Who knew owning an M3 could give some kid some positive motivation?

As to the OP... I haven't had any strangers say anything stupid about my car... I did have a guy at a gas station come up to me and compliment the car, and then ask if it was a 335. When I told him it was an M3, he walked around to the back and said "Oh, wow... really nice car man."
      04-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #136
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Guy at work who is a self-proclaimed car enthusiast and who goes out of his way to talk about cars and brag how he always watches top gear sees my M and says "cool - can I see the engine compartment" to which I respond "sure" and open it up - first thing he says is "wow - I can see the turbocharger!"

I then said "nope - no turbo and no supercharger". He then says "are you sure??""!!! Man - self-proclaimed expert on cars and he doesn't even know that M's up until recently were actually famous for being naturally-aspirated (this guy says totally inaccurate stuff about cars all the time - I can't even discuss cars generally around him anymore - "drives" me crazy)!!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #137
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
Guy at work who is a self-proclaimed car enthusiast and who goes out of his way to talk about cars and brag how he always watches top gear sees my M and says "cool - can I see the engine compartment" to which I respond "sure" and open it up - first thing he says is "wow - I can see the turbocharger!"

I then said "nope - no turbo and no supercharger". He then says "are you sure??""!!! Man - self-proclaimed expert on cars and he doesn't even know that M's up until recently were actually famous for being naturally-aspirated (this guy says totally inaccurate stuff about cars all the time - I can't even discuss cars generally around him anymore - "drives" me crazy)!!
What did he think the turbocharger was? Did he point to anything?
      04-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #138
Maloney
Vroom
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 AW FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc19
Quote:
Agreed... I had this kid come up to me at the mall and ask me how much my car cost. Polite kid, honestly I didn't know what else to tell him other than the truth, so I told him. He replied, "okay, I need to get to a place where I can afford that car when I get older, thanks man."

Who knew owning an M3 could give some kid some positive motivation?

As to the OP... I haven't had any strangers say anything stupid about my car... I did have a guy at a gas station come up to me and compliment the car, and then ask if it was a 335. When I told him it was an M3, he walked around to the back and said "Oh, wow... really nice car man."
Since when was it a kid? You guys take everything so seriously. It was a guy in his late 30's early 40's.
      04-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #139
WRXXX
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 SG M3 (SOLD), '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maloney View Post
Since when was it a kid? You guys take everything so seriously. It was a guy in his late 30's early 40's.
First it was a kid but now he's 30ish? And that makes it better to look down on his job? Maybe he had some bad years and is trying to turn his life around? No need to be a douche.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 10:12 AM   #140
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Retired neighbor from the other side of the street came to me once and said that my car make quite a big noise that he and his wife can hear every time I was heading in and out. I thought he was gonna make some complaints since 90% of the residents in this area are retired ages. He then said he liked the kind of noise my car makes and asked if I got more than 4 cylinder. I explained nicely about the M to him and at the end, he said "I always feel your car can go as fast as mine when it was still new" then point to a 20ish old Nissan sedan which I can't really tell what it was. Nice guy though. Only problem is he tends to erase his memory once in a while and comes to me for the same Q&A.
      04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #141
GB///M
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, X5 M60i

Awesome thread guys its hilarious!

I dont have an M but one time this guy at a gas station came up to me and said, "nice 5 series!" I told him its actually a 3 series. He looked at me like I was the crazy one!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #142
SD-E93-11
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3 Jerez Black/Black

For all you guys bashing Maloney please re-read his original post, which was this:

"I was at a gas station in new jersey, and the pump attendant goes "Wow, sick M3! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do?"

First thing that came to my mind was, "not pump gas for a living" but I kept that inside. Told him I sold Snuggies instead."

a) He didn't say "Not pump gas for a living" it came to his mind, so those that keep obsessing over him saying it - your reading comprehension is for shit.

b) How about you first ask yourself if you've ever had a thought whilst driving your m3 that may have been condescending to others and only then click the "Holier than thou - reply" button.

If you review this thread it's all about us laughing at people who may not be as informed on the m3 and its many nuances as we are, so maybe we cut back on the patronizing.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 04:22 PM   #143
Factoy Pilot
Factory Pilot
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez Blk ZCP 6MT

Garage List
2011 528i  [0.00]
2013 M328i  [0.00]
2011 M3  [6.00]
Poser caught

I pulled into a car wash to spray down the beast after a road trip. I pulled the car into the bay and parked. I had to walk over to the change machine and in the bay next to me I notice a BMW with a M3 badge. I nodded at him and he didn't even acknowledge me. He had to hear me pull in next to him. I stopped and looked at what he modded. Fake dual exhaust was about it. I got my change and sprayed down the beast. I was finished well before him so I fired her up and pulled out. As I passed his bay I gave her a some gas and you should of saw the look on his face- priceless and busted. What are the odds a poser has a real M pull next to them?
      04-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #144
Archiebabes
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, Huracan EVO, R35 GTR

A couple of months ago I was on my way home and noticed a speeding BMW 5 series on my rear view mirror trying to catch up to me, he was driving like a madman cutting off other cars on the road.

So when the guy caught up he was trying to tell me to roll down my windows he had the look of a kid with his eyes glittering with excitement, and he said to me "Hey man when did the M3 GTS came to the United States?"

I was like WTF? I told him that the car is wrapped in Orange and it is just a regular E92 M3.

The guy was shocked and looked at the back of my car and said "Oh your right, there are no Orange Support bars on the rear seats."

The guy quickly turned right almost hitting another incoming car that was the last I saw of him. He probably got embarrassed and left the scene in a hurry. LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #145
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
... If you review this thread it's all about us laughing at people who may not be as informed on the m3 and its many nuances as we are, so maybe we cut back on the patronizing.
No wonder M3 drivers have no friends.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #146
JZBDCT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92

"I hate posers that put M badges on a regular 3 series" ... um what? you're a dumbass.
2012 BMW M3 Coupe JZB/Fox Red DCT ZCP. Vorsteiner Double Sided Carbon Fiber CSL Boot Lid. Paint Match Grills, Side markers, Reflectors. Carbon Fiber Splitters. Lux Angel Eyes. Custom Rear Section Exhaust with valves. Next mod: Valentine 1
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #147
Captain45
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 - SG

I had a PPI completed at a good dealer. I asked them to check the turbine/whine sound on the DCT when driving low speeds. Everything checked out fine with the whole PPI and the service guy said the turbine sound is just the turbos on the car.....
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #148
yoelev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

i hate it when jerks who don't know how cool my car is ask me dumb questions like "where are the turbos" and "how much was that 335i". jerks. losers. lesser thans.
      04-30-2012, 04:32 PM   #149
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoelev View Post
i hate it when jerks who don't know how cool my car is ask me dumb questions like "where are the turbos" and "how much was that 335i". jerks. losers. lesser thans.
Wow.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #150
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Wow.
I hope he's just trolling....
      04-30-2012, 06:23 PM   #151
yoelev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackman View Post
I hope he's just trolling....
ya think?

kinda laying it on pretty thick...
      04-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #152
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Good
      04-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #153
dmppdx
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
If you review this thread it's all about us laughing at people who may not be as informed on the m3 and its many nuances as we are, so maybe we cut back on the patronizing.
So why are we supposed to be laughing at people who not being as informed on the M3? Is everyone supposed to be informed on the M3 and if they are not then we should laugh at them? That seems kind of patronizing to me.

It's fine if someone says something trully ignorant, or is extremely insistent they know more than they do, or in a position they should know better, but people should cut out the attitude where they come off as saying "an M3 is so awesome that everone should know all the details about them and if you don't then you're a moron" or "because I own an M3 I'm so awesome I can look down on other" They must have very small penises and need to use their cars to look down on people to feel better about themselves or something....
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #154
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

i had a guy in a civic probably about my age (24-25) tell me that when he gets his greddy turbo and tune on his "single cam" it will smoke my $70k car...

kids.... lol